The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: saratoga!  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: saratoga!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2013, 09:29 PM »
The novice 8 year-old I took along to help learn the sport landed 8-9 rainbows and 1 brown, but every one was a cookie-cutter fat 13".  Only 1 fish on Sunday. 
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline kpowers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2013, 02:06 PM »
had a blast at saratoga caught a lot of fish my wife won the first hour sat. and the 5Th hour sun. also the biggest fish caught by a woman i turned in a 20 1/2 inch and a 18 1/2 but didn't get anything ( she out fished me again)

Offline allornothing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Had a decent time out at the derby, first time I have ever fished that lake.  Sat. was pretty good, iced about 12 with two over the 14" mark landing at 19" and 20", neither made any money.  Sunday was much different, only iced one.  Really great weather out and had a great time.

20" fish:

View Sunday Morning

Offline dhjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:40 PM »
So how was the fishing at the derby. Had to work. Can't wait to get a derby in.

Offline auhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:59 PM »
I thought that 5 years ago was the best tournament  for our crew when my wife caught the first tagged fish of the tourney and she got $500.00 for it. That was a very good year. But I was misstaken This tournament was the best one in my 25 years of going. My nephew a 15 year old, his first year in the adult side of the tourney won first place with a 23"Lx12"G 4.30# Rainbow he caught in the first hour of the first day, His dad my nephew by marriage caught an hourly fish for the last hour winner of that same day. My wife and my grandson both measured fish but they did not win, not so good. On Sunday in the 11 to 12 hour I hooked and landed the second place winner at 22"Lx12.5"G 4.30#. The last hour on Sunday my other nephew landed a big rainbow and missed taking that our prize by 1/4". In the 25 years of going to this tournament this is the first fish that I have measured don't know if I can top it but I will go back for as long as I can or as long as they have it. I heard that their was 650 entries. It was a very enjoyable weekend.     
may their be holes in your ice and fish in your holes

Offline gravy_t

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2013, 11:23 PM »
So I'm just a tad bit "tuned" in this pic but this is the only fish I iced this weekend. 18 inches and caught it during about the first 10 minutes after the first horn on day one. Decided to try and turn him n just in case but wasn't nearly big enough. Pretty frustrating not catching anymore but I hooked into 2 and my buddies caught a few throughout that day and the next.

Offline sneekee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:06 PM »
how has the fishin been lately?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.