The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: PK Lures Help!  (Read 4567 times)

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: PK Lures Help!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:55 PM »
B is next to N...?

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline mtjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Nah, there's no way that could have been a typo. People call em that all the time...
MT

Offline needin2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:02 PM »
My 10 or so showed up this morning hoping to use them tomorrow. They look pretty nice.  Thinking about trying a hali chain with one of the flutter fish.

Offline TightlineMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:04 PM »
UGGHH!!! I just caved in and ordered a pile of them! I need help ;)
You think you need help. OCD here... I just placed an order last night as well. This on top of a few hundred dollars in jigs the last 2 months, a new Nils, a Big Buddy heater, another piece of electronic gear... Elite 4 Ice Machine... well hell, i can't blame my soon to be ex beautiful wife for leaving me in November, because I can't quit spending money on gear. Hell honey, you DID marry a fishing outfitter. Guess she got tired of it after 13 years. I miss her already. As long as I have plenty of time with our son outdoors, doing what we love....

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:05 PM »
My 10 or so showed up this morning hoping to use them tomorrow. They look pretty nice.  Thinking about trying a hali chain with one of the flutter fish.

Nothing wrong with a bit of modifications! The Fastach does give it a bit of length, and allows the hook to swing more freely. Make sure to post pics of those wall-hangers!  :tipup:

Offline icefishnaddct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:00 PM »

might try just a mono or flouro dropper instead, not sure bout you but i've had some bad luck with those Hali chains on bigger fish, just a suggestion.

Offline needin2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:26 PM »
might try just a mono or flouro dropper instead, not sure bout you but i've had some bad luck with those Hali chains on bigger fish, just a suggestion.
I know what your saying, have broke them just jigging for salmon. I did see my wife pull in a 7# bull on one last year.  Not sure if its just me but the chains seemed stronger than 2 years ago.

Offline craigh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2013, 05:26 PM »
I'll second the Fastach swivels.  Attach the closed loop end to your lure split ring and the treble to the "fast" side.  You can remove the treble and thread a minnow head down the shank.  Then reattach the treble.  The head won't fall off and will last multiple fish.  I use this technique when fishing in Manitoba where barbless is required.  Nothing worse than working a fish off the bottom only to have your lure get light and then watch the minnow head slowly sink to the bottom on the vex and then have the fish snub your meatless offering.

http://www.muskyshop.com/modules/cart/products.php/keys/fastach/page/1/id/2321/name/StringeaseFastachMultiUseClip

Offline Ice Junkie_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Definitely some good info wyoutdoors! And a great pic, too! Casv2002, do let me know how they work out if you get a chance to use them this weekend. I won't get a chance to hit the ice this weekend. I'm going to git the show at the fairgrounds Saturday but am alone with the little one Sunday. Next weekend I plan on getting in some good ice time with my new PKs though! :tipup:
You will love them just pulled a second mortgage on the house and ordered some more!! ;D
Worst day of fishin I ever had was still damn good!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:07 PM »

Hali chains are crap.  I drop off my flutter fish all the time, it works great, but for crying out loud, use fluro and a high quality hook.

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:17 PM »
I just got PKs in the mail today,spoons & flutter fish. Nice looking lures , on the spoons, do you leave the top hook attached next to the line snap? Is any one having problems with them fowling on the line?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Mine haven't fouled enough to be an issue. Sometimes pounding them real heavy for prolonged times they might catch. But like I said, not an issue for me. I even use Fastach snaps on the lower trebles, and the 1/8 oz spoons and flutters catch every once in a while with very hard pounding.  :tipup:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Hey Flyline, strikes happen at both ends ~ don't want to miss half yer catch.    ;)2

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Makes sense to me. Thanks

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:46 PM »
#3,5,10,14 & 15 are my favorites. Great lures :)

Offline femfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 18, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Just an FYI to all you PK fans . . . Elk Mountain Sports on Highway 12 East in Helena is now carrying those lures!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.