New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake  (Read 72818 times)

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Silver Lake
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Cool, let's try getting 3 or 4 Silver Lake threads going again this year    ::)
The mods have to squash them and take them to the B.S thread Silver/Wyoming. Wish they would,acording to the rules of the site,they know um :woot:

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:20 PM »
A member here started this thread up for the purpose of not filling the sit with to many posts of the lake and keeping the R&P thread clean. Please use this thread to post ANYTHING YOU MAY HAVE TO SAY.....about Silver. Lets try to help the mods out this year as hard as it maybe sometimes. Thanks

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:26 PM »
You can't access the lake from there with a snowmobile or ATV however.
not trying to be rude, but i can't understand your sentence. ???  are you saying you can't access the lake by foot from the launch?  or that you can't access the lake with a snowmobile or atv?  or that you can't access the lake by foot from the launch, but can access the lake with an atv or snowmobile? :)

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:28 PM »
You cannot enter the ice on a motorized vehicle. You must be walking (or running or crawling or whatever you do)

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:32 PM »
not trying to be rude, but i can't understand your sentence. ???  are you saying you can't access the lake by foot from the launch?  or that you can't access the lake with a snowmobile or atv?  or that you can't access the lake by foot from the launch, but can access the lake with an atv or snowmobile? :)
Cannot get on there with an atv or snowmobile.  Your feet are good to go.

Offline wally13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:39 PM »
good point  good luck fishing  to  all ice shanty members and be safe

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:52 PM »
I LOVE GEORGE!! ME N JOEY SPENT A LOTTA TIME WITH OUR BOY ALL SPRING PUTTIN ON A CALI CLINIC ON BOTH ENDS OF THE SILVER LADY!!!!   :flex:

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:53 PM »
there must be a reason for no motorized vehicles on the lake?  anyone know what must have happened for that to be law there?  someone must have gone through...

Offline slymer83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:03 PM »
is that a state law or local law for that area ???

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:07 PM »
is that a state law or local law for that area ???
local only.  you can use atv's or snowmobiles on lots of ny waters, provided it is safe.

Offline BobbyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:10 PM »
there must be a reason for no motorized vehicles on the lake?  anyone know what must have happened for that to be law there?  someone must have gone through...
Not100% sure  but rumor has it a few years ago a man by the name of dave genz (I think he's a famous fly fisherman ??) Put an atv through the ice  off the launch before a trap attack tourny.
DR Bobby J. Hardwater
Field researcher in Ice Fisheries Sciences

Offline slymer83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:10 PM »
ok I get it now I was just wondering cause i use my wheeler alot from state parks and launches ....just asking thats all

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:13 PM »
hrdcore what is the "r&p thread" Ridicules and pathetic?

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Not100% sure  but rumor has it a few years ago a man by the name of dave genz (I think he's a famous fly fisherman ??) Put an atv through the ice  off the launch before a trap attack tourny.
oh that is just not right.  an out of stater came in and ruined it for the rest of us! ;D

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #74 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Well, he did do that, but I think the signs were a direct result of several cars/trucks accessing the ice 3 or 4 years ago.
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:29 PM »
hrdcore what is the "r&p thread" Ridicules and pathetic?
Come on! You gotta call me out on that :roflmao: C ya this weekend, Dont forget the green marmooskas.

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:35 PM »
There were sled's and ATV's out there last year or is that only allowed for the tourney?

Offline warsawbassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I LOVE GEORGE!! ME N JOEY SPENT A LOTTA TIME WITH OUR BOY ALL SPRING PUTTIN ON A CALI CLINIC ON BOTH ENDS OF THE SILVER LADY!!!!   :flex:

We all love George around here, he provides much needed comedic relief on slow days, and I have learned more of what not to do bass fishing by spending a few hours with him than it would of took years to learn on my own. LOL 

His outboard powered ice shanty is a welcome sight on a cold spring day, that is untill he decided to gun his boat and it flies off in pieces, almost taking me with it.  ;D

In all seriousness, I am good freinds with him, and would bust his chops like this face to face...........it's all good. Amongst us Silver Lake locals were all buddies. I pretty much like and get along with every one, even that prick wnybassman.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:46 PM »
From what i remeber from last seasons touny is that they didnt cross the boundrys past lady lib & the camp. Never seen any ATV'or or sleds and i fished it for 5 weeks be4 i went to oneida

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:53 PM »
There was probably 15-20 that took off from the Marina the morning of the tourney. No big deal to me. Not like you have to walk far to get into fish.

Offline BobbyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I see them every year all over the lake, I just don't think anyone enforces it. As for the tourny I think they allow them as for the thing is held at the state launch.
DR Bobby J. Hardwater
Field researcher in Ice Fisheries Sciences

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:09 PM »
I see them every year all over the lake, I just don't think anyone enforces it. As for the tourny I think they allow them as for the thing is held at the state launch.

Machines are allowed on the lake, just not out of the launch.  I've seen many go out of Mack's.

MySpace

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #82 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:50 PM »
HEADIN OUT IN THE MORNIN TO SEE HOW THAT ICE FEELS ABOUT HAVIN 320 POUNDS ON HER.. SAME SPOT I WAS IN THE SPRING THINNIN OUT THE HERD...LOL THERES NO FISH IN SILVER LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D 10S N BETTER FOLKS!!

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:22 AM »

As others have said, you can use machines on Silver but you can't get on the ice from the State launch our tax dollars paid for. It's too bad as the parking at Mack's fills up pretty fast and access points are few and far between..

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:51 AM »
And the real stupid part, and to show how localized this regulation is, is that both Conesus State launch and the Silver State launch are operated by the same parks department headquarters out of Letchworth.  Machines are fine and encouraged at the Conesus launch and banned at the Silver launch.   Makes no sense really.  I don't have a machine, but would be pissed and writing letters if I did.  Someone should take the initiative to get a campaign started to get the regs turned around.

MySpace

Offline Middaugh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PERCH PLUCKER
« Reply #85 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Has anybody spudded silverlake yet or have a weekend prediction for the ice conditions?
tipDOWNup

Offline lunetts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I am hoping to fish the lake this Saturday. Anyone been out on the ice yet?

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:30 AM »
The silver lake webcams show a day into the future, they are showing conditions on the ice for friday 1/4/13. That's looking forward....

Offline Middaugh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PERCH PLUCKER
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:06 AM »
This will be my first year that i will be able to experience the first ice 'bite' at silver. I really look forward to it and hope its a fun as i hear. Good luck out there fellas and be safe!
tipDOWNup

Offline aleroman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:52 AM »
I'm confused on the cam's showing ahead till Friday I thought they were live cams
Crappieman69

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.