The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: new gear  (Read 3441 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: new gear
« Reply #30 on: Oct 24, 2012, 10:01 PM »

:tipup: I replaced the PK'S I lost last year due to fish breakin them of lol
That's exactly what I was tellin my girl when I ordered me some new ones.  ;)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:00 PM »
That's exactly what I was tellin my girl when I ordered me some new ones.  ;)
Generally I don't tell Mrs wyoutdoors when I order ice gear. Snatching the box from her clenched fingers and running to the garage when she questions me as to what's in the box, seems to suffice for me.  :whistle:

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 26, 2012, 08:25 AM »
I bought a Lowrance Mark 5X Pro, got to use it in the boat 1 time so far. Hopefully will get the boat out again before I set it up for the ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #33 on: Oct 26, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Generally I don't tell Mrs wyoutdoors when I order ice gear. Snatching the box from her clenched fingers and running to the garage when she questions me as to what's in the box, seems to suffice for me.  :whistle:

:roflmao: :roflmao: if they dont fish (regularly) they will never understand
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 26, 2012, 10:10 AM »
Heck...I have to buy two of everything cuz I know once my sweetie sees the cool ice fishing stuff I bought...she wants it too!!!   lol
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline Duke307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Heck...I have to buy two of everything cuz I know once my sweetie sees the cool ice fishing stuff I bought...she wants it too!!!   lol
Did that last winter with the wife, now she can barrow anything of mine and I can't borrow anything of hers.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #36 on: Oct 29, 2012, 10:50 PM »
 I started a 6 X 12 Hard side last spring. Had to put it on hold due to summer projects (Honey Do's !!!). Starting to wind them down and focusing more and more on the Shanty Build.
 I can't wait to get back to Boysen with it.     :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline wyoboypt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:02 AM »
I got sum new ice fishin boots. baffin apex. sweet! hopefully.    I'd like to get the eskimo fatfish but the wifey mite get irritated. i mite have to stick w the quickfish 3 a while longer. i will be gettin a new pullstart for my eskimo shark. i broke it tryin to fix it.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #38 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Might of went a bit overboard but never can be to ready, so far I got a new quad, a Z51 shark auger, new ice armor coat, a brickers custom rod, a TB custom rod new shimano reels, chains for the wheeler, and a big buddy heater, and about 100$ worth of jigs and spoons... Now all I need to get some boots and should be all set, oh yah and some ice before I'm broke$$$$

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Get ya some Baffins they are awsome they keep your feet warm and dry all day and just bpull the liners out at night I been usin em for 4 years now and most of my fishin buds use em too  :tipup:
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Well I got a little carried away with these new fly reels that have the 3:1 gear ratio. I pre-ordered the 100 dollar 13 fishing reel and bought 4 of those eagle claw reels. I'm hoping they aren't a let down. I also pulled the trigger on a showdown ice troller, definitely looking forward to some ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.