Author Topic: 2nd Annual ICESHANTY Team NEBRASKA Get Together (WEST)  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Re: 2nd Annual ICESHANTY Team NEBRASKA Get Together
« Reply #60 on: Oct 18, 2012, 12:23 PM »
We better make sure the fishing there is as expected.  I want to hit early ice there to get a reading on it.  I think we should also plan in where guys like Hank and Tom can stay nearby as thats a good drive for them.   I think that will really help dictate where this will be.

If all else fails, I can stay in Norfolk. My wife is a GM for Super 8 Hotels and I get crazy good rates.

Or Columbus, which is even closer.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I really want to make it this year.   Hopefully is not the weekend of Jan 12th.   I have the Mobridge SD tournament. 

Offline MA Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Oct 22, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I'm in for either the East or West Gathering depending on my other commitments.    Last season was measured in a few hours :o, hopefully this season will be more ;D

Offline Ice Rambo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Ice Shanty forum and the ice gathering sounds like fun! For an eastern gathering Wanahoo might be a good choice. From what I hear it has some pretty good crappies, bluegills, bass and also a few walleyes and northerns in it. This would be the first year Wanahoo would be open for ice fishing, so it could be interesting. The thought of fish that have never seen an ice jig is enticing :)

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Oct 23, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Ice Shanty forum and the ice gathering sounds like fun! For an eastern gathering Wanahoo might be a good choice. From what I hear it has some pretty good crappies, bluegills, bass and also a few walleyes and northerns in it. This would be the first year Wanahoo would be open for ice fishing, so it could be interesting. The thought of fish that have never seen an ice jig is enticing :)

I wake up with a big smile dreaming of a hut on Wanahoo and a line of tip ups outside it! That lake has my name all over it this winter for toothy fishes!

Offline HuskersLincoln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Oct 24, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I couldn't agree more!

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #66 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Hope the game wardens are going to keep watching this lake so it doesn't get ruined by stupid ppl!!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
Re: 2nd Annual ICESHANTY Team NEBRASKA Get Together (WEST)
« Reply #67 on: Oct 25, 2012, 06:03 AM »
I took the liberty of changing the name of the the by adding WEST to the subject line, I know that some will go East and some will go West or both and it would be easier if the 2 different gatherings had their own thread. So if there is a mod watching could we have a sticky for the East gathering?
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #68 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:21 PM »
If we get neough ppl that talk about having and East & West GTG,I`ll be happy to sticky one.. JT

Offline icerules

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Just wondering is there anything set in stone about the west get toghter I would like to try a make it to the east one to
A day ice fishing is always better than a day at work

Offline guthook1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Oct 26, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Can someone take it upon themself to build a email list and advise the when and where the west and east tournament will be held?  I would attend the west for sure and possibly the east.  wanna try out the new Honda 4stroke powered auger that I just ordered today. :clap:

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #71 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:50 PM »
I finally got my dates for the new year that I will be working and any weekend in January will work for me, everything in February is weekends that I work, those are the weekends that will work for me, I know you can please some people but not everybody, those are just the dates that will work for me without having to take any vacation days. We will have to poll it and finalize dates and locations for E and W. As far as an e-mail list, you want to do it great it's your baby, I won't do it, don't have the patience, and as far as I'm concerned it will be on a sticky and enough chatter will happen that it will not be to hard to find out when it's happening.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #72 on: Oct 26, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Ok well, how about two separate polls, east and west? Maybe something like this...(don't know if there's a limit on how many options could be placed in a poll). Take the top 3/4 weekends in another poll to nail in the exact weekend.

Team Nebraska Iceshanty Get-together: West (preferably later)                               

December--29/30                                                                                                         
January------5/6                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
January----12/13                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
January----19/20                                                                                                           
January----26/27                                                                                                           
February----2/3                                                                                                             
February----9/10                                                                                                           
February--16/17                                                                                                               
February--23/24

Team Nebraska Iceshanty Get-together: East (preferably earlier) 

December--29/30                                                                                                         
January------5/6                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
January----12/13                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
January----19/20                                                                                                           
January----26/27                                                                                                           
February----2/3                                                                                                             
February----9/10                                                                                                           
February--16/17                                                                                                               
February--23/24                                                                                                     

Give a holler if I've got something off/wrong/impractical.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #73 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:00 PM »
quick poll,if all are good ith these dates,ill start a poll ith them

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #74 on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Looks good to me.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #75 on: Oct 27, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Yep.  Looks good.

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Just.a heads up...most tourneys grove, maskenthine and merritt will all be in jan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.