Author Topic: Ice suits  (Read 2450 times)

Offline RWD12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice suits
« Reply #30 on: Jul 27, 2012, 11:01 PM »
I do carry my auger? Just once you hit ice and start drilling, you get excited and lose a little bit of your attention so when that happens... the blades of my auger swipe against my bibs and cut em.

Offline Trapperdirk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I will live and die laying down hard ,cold steel .
« Reply #31 on: Jul 28, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Wow this thread sure went sideways . Anyways I have been using the Artic Armor suit by Idi gear . It's warm ,light and floats . I even use it to duck hunt and bowhunt with since its camo and also use it as my rainsuit in the summer . Pricepoint is good and its going into it's 5th season .

As far as slices being cut in your suit there is only one remedy for that and should not need explanation . Until they come out with kevlar bottoms it's a risk you take but a preventable risk .

TD
The bush is not just  a passion but in my soul.

TD

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #32 on: Jul 28, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Wow this thread sure went sideways . Anyways I have been using the Artic Armor suit by Idi gear . It's warm ,light and floats . I even use it to duck hunt and bowhunt with since its camo and also use it as my rainsuit in the summer . Pricepoint is good and its going into it's 5th season .

As far as slices being cut in your suit there is only one remedy for that and should not need explanation . Until they come out with kevlar bottoms it's a risk you take but a preventable risk .

TD
X2--- Easily preventable by paying attention to the task at hand!! Your ice suit should last a good long time, or you can buy a new one every year until you figure out your drilling technique!  ;)2 :whistle: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.