New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.  (Read 79545 times)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.
« Reply #60 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:49 AM »
We have confirmed that we will be at the Syracuse Sportsman Show on January 11-13, 2013. We have also created a new informational flier that has a mail-in registration form for OPEN Division anglers (Pro and Am teams still need to register through our site). We'll be circulating these starting next week. If any retailer, tackle shop, business, or other entity would like some of these fliers to help us spread word of this tournament series, please drop me a PM with how many you would like and the address to send them to.  @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline holepuncher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Punch enough holes and it's just like trolling
« Reply #61 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:18 PM »
You know where we are, bring a couple thousand!!!!!!!!! we have finally finished our stuff and will get that to you soon, did I say that before lol.

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #62 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Regarding the webpages under construction, we should be able to construct the Chautauqua pages after our visit on the 20th, and the Tupper Lake pages are coming along and should be done soon too. This month is a little crazy  :wacko:, but once we get into November I should have much more time to complete any pages not finished and monitor/work on the series 24/7 (or asmuch as I can).  @)

Thank you to Amateur Team Turn Key for registering!! Only 96 aeration units left! @)
Can't wait very excited.

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #63 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Please let us know if there is anything you would like to know regarding our events, or if you have any suggestions for improving them!! Also, if there is anything you would like to see us do, or put on the website, let us know! Again, our goal is to make these events as big and successful as possible to support local economies and promote our amazing fishery!! @)
Will you be advertising in any local sporting magazines? I was just asking because I was looking at my New York Outdoor News and didn't see anything from you guys.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #64 on: Oct 15, 2012, 07:59 PM »
You know where we are, bring a couple thousand!!!!!!!!! we have finally finished our stuff and will get that to you soon, did I say that before lol.

Ok, I'll try to stop by later this week!  @)

Will you be advertising in any local sporting magazines?

We may be, it's a matter of budget right now. We still need to purchase 6 sets of scales, custom table covers, banners, team flags, 4 boxes of colored paper,  the 10' custom backdrop for the awards ceeremony, the custom aquarium for the lunker fish, and print out several thousand of the new fliers (with registration form for Open Division anglers on the back) just for starters. So will we place any ads in magazines? The answer is maybe, if we can swing it. We're riding a tight line right now, and until anglers really start building our angler base, we'll have to be vigilant with our funds. ::)

I met with the mayor of Sodus Point today and he was very optimistic about the event offering any help he can, and thinks it will be a huge success.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #65 on: Oct 15, 2012, 08:10 PM »
We'd like to welcome Amateur Team "Just For Fun" to the Tupper Lake Event!!

Only 95 aerator units left!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #66 on: Oct 16, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Bout time "just for fun" ;D

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #67 on: Oct 16, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Bout time "just for fun" ;D

I was trying web site was all screwey but all set now
Just for fun fishing team
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #68 on: Oct 16, 2012, 06:21 PM »

I was trying web site was all screwey but all set now
Just for fun fishing team

Yeah, sorry about that! Somehow when I updated the site it reverted back to an old unfinished version for several of the pages including the storefront. ::)  If anyone notices anything like that, please let me know so I can get it fixed!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Oct 16, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Wow Tim website looks awesome and excited to see automatic fisherman as sponsor u know what that means:)::)and like seeing registered teams. One prob I noticed when u click on maps for tupper lake event Sodus bay map comes up so u know. Keep up the good work man :o ;D$

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #70 on: Oct 16, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Yeah, we'll have some Automatic units to give away at all the events and will likely have sets as part of many of the prize packages!  @) If you have never used an Automatic Fisherman unit, you're missing out on fish - these are amazing units! In fact, they are so good, we have converted over to a whole set of them for this upcoming season!! Now granted, there are conditions when these units are not ideal (like deep snow) so don't throw away the tip-ups, but overall these units rule!!  :flex:

The map page must be one of the ones I missed that reverted back to an older version. I'll go through and check them all again. ::)  Thanks for the heads up!! If anyone down in the Chautauqua area wants to meet up with us this Saturday, we'll be down there most the day - submit a vote on the poll for meeting us down there and we'll set it up! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #71 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Stay posted - two HUGE announcements later this weekend (maybe three) along with several others!!  :woot:  We just have a couple details to iron out first before we make them public and launch the info on our website. It's going to be a very busy weekend!!  @)

Remember, there are only 350 Am and Pro teams allowed at each event - when registration ramps up, the spots will go fast!! We are urging all teams that know they are going to fish the events to register NOW before the rush - it'll only help us get more and bigger prizes secured!!  :thumbsup:

Also, those of you in the Rochester, NY area check out the new fishing section within their "ask the experts" pages for all the latest fishing news across the southern shore of Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, and surrounding waterways!! Starting later in Nov. and through Dec. our tournament series will start being advertised during the broadcasts and on their site!! @)

We also have new info fliers starting to be circulated that have a registration form on the back that can be mailed in for OPEN Division registrants only. This is a pre-registration form with payment due when you arrive at the event(s) your fishing. This will make check-in much faster and efficient at the events and give us a better feel for numbers of attendees at each event. So we are encouraging any and all OPEN anglers to pre-registerwith these forms, or online. Pro and Am teams still need to use our online registration on our website.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #72 on: Oct 19, 2012, 10:33 AM »
***ANGLER INPUT REQUESTED***

We are starting to compile the stockpile of gear we will be giving away at our events this winter and would like to know what you would like to see. Please visit and comment in the following thread: http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=228383.0

Thank you!! @)

Lots of good news coming - STAY TUNED!!!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #73 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Heading to Chautauqua tomorrow!! If you're in the area and want to meet us to chat, drop me a PM and I'll let you know where we'll be and when.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline SKUNK-MASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Stay posted - two HUGE announcements later this weekend (maybe three) along with several others!!  :woot:  We just have a couple details to iron out first before we make them public and launch the info on our website. It's going to be a very busy weekend!!  @)

Remember, there are only 350 Am and Pro teams allowed at each event - when registration ramps up, the spots will go fast!! We are urging all teams that know they are going to fish the events to register NOW before the rush - it'll only help us get more and bigger prizes secured!!  :thumbsup:

Also, those of you in the Rochester, NY area check out the new fishing section within their "ask the experts" pages for all the latest fishing news across the southern shore of Lake Ontario, the Finger Lakes, and surrounding waterways!! Starting later in Nov. and through Dec. our tournament series will start being advertised during the broadcasts and on their site!! @)

We also have new info fliers starting to be circulated that have a registration form on the back that can be mailed in for OPEN Division registrants only. This is a pre-registration form with payment due when you arrive at the event(s) your fishing. This will make check-in much faster and efficient at the events and give us a better feel for numbers of attendees at each event. So we are encouraging any and all OPEN anglers to pre-registerwith these forms, or online. Pro and Am teams still need to use our online registration on our website.  @)
fishing section of what.......ask the experts??

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #75 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Yup! Although, we consider ourselves professionals. ;)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #76 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Our trip to Chautauqua was great today!! Thank you for our tour Craig, you gave us a lot of insights into how the event will run. We're going to try to run our tournament alongside the Ice Castle Festival in Mayville Park - it's a sweet set-up!! There are some logistical issues to be worked out once the ICF group starts meeting next month, but the park should work!  @)  Talked with a few places for sponsorships, and gathered lots of information for the website! I'll get all the pages built and up next month. @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #77 on: Oct 21, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Have u set a place to enter the ice yet for tupper lake trying to decide what place we want to spend the night thanks "just for fun" fishing team
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #78 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Have u set a place to enter the ice yet for tupper lake trying to decide what place we want to spend the night thanks "just for fun" fishing team

We are planning on using two locations: north end on Raquette Bay by the ballpark, and at the State boat launch on the east side to access Big Tupper. Big Tupper access will be pending ice conditions, as it obviously takes more to freeze the big lake than Raquette Bay. So it depends on where you plan on fishing and your confidence in Big Tupper freezing. @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #79 on: Oct 21, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Thanks till the next question
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #80 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:58 PM »
WOW! What a busy two weeks it has been!! Lots of good updates coming, many still have a few details to work out yet before I can release them.
Ok, here's the good stuff:
Today we confirmed the 4-wheelers (all 6 of them :woot:) which will be Polaris Sportman 500's from Filer's Power Sports in Macedon, who is now one of our Series Sponsors!!  :thumbsup:  We also received the packages from Warren's Hook, Line and Sinker (on Sodus Pt.) including (2) full day (8-hr) salmon/trout fishing charters with one night's lodging for 3 anglers and one 5-hr trout/salmon fishing charter with lodging for 3 anglers!!  :thumbsup:  We also have confirmed that we will have (3) of the new Aqua-Vu Micro Plus units to give away!! :thumbsup: Several more sponsors are in the works (a couple BIG ones), and will hopefully be announced soon!

Also, how would you like to see an extra $1,000 added to the prize pool?? For the Sodus Event, for another $20 you can be registered for Warren's Hardwater Blowout Derby which will running concurrently with our event with a top prize of $1,000 plus charters for both Pike and Perch divisions!!  :woot: You will be able to register for both tournaments on our site, as well as at Warren's. Information for the Hardwater Blowout will be posted on our site soon.

Is Sandy a glimpse at what our winter is going to be like?? Time will tell, but all the cold air already building in Canada is definitely a good thing for early ice!! @)

This is only the beginning as our efforts to maximize these events cranks up over the next two months!! Again, the more registrations we confirm now, the more and bigger the prizes we will be able to confirm!!  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Oct 26, 2012, 07:03 PM »
WOW :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #82 on: Oct 27, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Great  ;D ;D :tipup:
Just enjoying life

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #83 on: Oct 29, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Great prizes starting to come in, great job guys. ;)

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #84 on: Nov 01, 2012, 02:36 PM »
How is it going for number of teams signed up so far
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #85 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Been kind of stagnant for a bit. We're hoping now that we can focus on really ramping up the exposure of the series this month, they'll start to ramp up. We're also expecting 80% of registrations for the Open Division within the last week before each event (unfortunately).  :-\  That's just the way people role. So the final payouts, prizes, etc. for each event likely won't be announced until we're all at the event.  ::) 
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Any word yet on a meet and great soon? No hurry just curious ;D

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #87 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:19 AM »
We're ironing out the details for Bass Pro Shops in Auburn, it will be the weekend of their big ice fishing display/event December 7-9, most likely on the 9th after one of our seminars. Their event is definitely something everyone should check out, and we'll have some nice giveaways, hand-outs, and freebies to boot!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #88 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:32 PM »
Ok, lot's more to report today!!

1) We confirmed that the Chautauqua Lake Association will be one of the supported Non-profit organizations at the Chautauqua Event - they will benefit from one of the 50/50 raffles. @)

2) Adrenaline Taxidermy will be mounting the largest fish caught in the Lunker Pool at the Chautauqua Event as part of the 1st place lunker prize! @)

3) Makiplastic will be one of our sponsors. I have been talking with Scott and will be working out the details of their sponsorship in the upcoming weeks. @)

4) Stacked Graphics (our apparel company) has agreed to an apparel sponsorship package with lots of giveaways!! @)

5) We now have the pricing information for I.P.A. apparel and will be adding them to our online storefront this weekend. Items will include T-shirts, long sleeve shirts, hoodies, and beenie hats. Once we confirm a design, we will acquire a sample set and post pics.  @)

Please respond/vote for the dinner option at the Sodus Event in the poll listed at the top of the NY page by November 9th, as we will be going with the majority vote and setting things up with Dinisaur BBQ.  @)

Stay tuned for more!! :clap:
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #89 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I apolagize for the delay in annoucements - we have been working feverishly on many aspects of the tourney:
1) Trying to set up packages/discounted rates with local hotels/motels - not making much headway there... :-\
2) Lining up more sponsors and confirming the details (this is what takes some time), but hopefully will have things ready to unveil Monday! @)
3) Working with our apparel company on graphics and sponsorship details - will post some designs later tonight for your comments! ;)
4) Redesigning the website a bit and getting the pages set for the Warren's Hardwater Blow Out Tournament running concurrently with our Sodus Event - registration will be available through our site soon (hopefully Monday) with the rules/regs posted as well. @)
5) Talking with various other groups for exposure. @)

Plus, we are currently working with a multitude of our Pro Team sponsoring companies on both hard and open water ambitions, promotions, etc. that have tied us up  bit over the last couple weeks! @)  This weekend has been deemed "Pro-Am Weekend" in our households as we focus primarily on tying up a lot of these loose ends and get things firmed down. I have a feeling you're going to really like the annoucements over the next three days!! :thumbsup:

So stay tuned later tonight for some apparel design pics to take a looksee at and give me some feedback on! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.