Author Topic: LW east sie  (Read 4435 times)

Offline quickstrike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LW east sie
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:03 AM »
Only   1 per Season over 55cm and must be recorded on your license.

I checked and in metric it is 1 @ 70cm on the Red up to Lake Wpg. I did not see anything for the lake though - I would think it is the same although I do not know.

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Check the back of your license,

" The holder of this license may catch and retain a walleye longer than 70cm from each of, any part of the Red River and the Winnipeg River from Pine Falls generating station to and including Traverse Bay on Lake Winnipeg.  That person must record in ink in the space below the date the fish was caught and retained."

Map Restriction Areas (areas between red markers)

What we need now are minimum length restrictions.  I think nothing under 13" should be kept.  I have seen plenty of walleye that size & smaller being kept during both open and hard water seasons.  Excuses range from "They do not produce eggs yet" to "They're for my daughter's aquarium."  Lame to say the least.

What do you think about minimum length requirements.  Please weigh in.  Thx

Offline M B jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:33 AM »
 14.5" to 19" are all I keep on LW.  If its summer and theres a sot its 14"-17" for me.  Check your inbox btw.  sent you a pm
The fishing was good, it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Previous discussion on "slot limits" and possesion limits for our board you may find helpful and informative -->

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=150697.0

Tight lines.

Offline Bruce13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:55 PM »
you're allowed one over 55 cm in possession, not per outting, so if you still have that one 55cm at home in the freezer you're not allowed to keep another.  You're only allowed to be in posession of 4 or 6, depending what license you have. Unless you buy them, then you can have as many as you want, bearing you keep your receipts. hope this helps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.