The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Tiger Yes/No ?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Re: Tiger Yes/No ?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Pike reproduce regularly. And damn boy, your singing sucks!
I'm no boy lol . That's why I fish , my singing career never took off lol . ;D

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2012, 05:32 PM »
If there were muskys present(i know there not) they can breed with pike and make natural hybrids. But yes they will still be sterile.
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Again, love seeing all these baby pike...good sign for the future....

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Again, love seeing all these baby pike...good sign for the future....
I was just talking about that with my wife . The future looks good for pike in mass. As long as they get released !!!  :tipup:

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Where did you catch them? Cheshire?

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2012, 06:03 PM »
My bud caught a hybrid pike-rel at champlain this weekend, showed me a pic
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:32 PM »
A few years back at flint pond I had to leave then right as i came back I got a flag so as i get the flag,way in the distance another on of my flags goes up so I tell my buddy to get it, I pull up a nice perch and im excited then I hear my buddy screaming"I GOT MY FIRST PIKE" so im kind of pissed not only did i get 1 upped but that should b my fish.I ran over and right away said thats not a pike its a tiger cause they have a nice orange on the anal and pectoral fins plus they arent as green.it was about 18" was bleeding good so we rushed it back in the hole no time for pics.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #37 on: Feb 29, 2012, 04:54 PM »
If they get released it doesn't matter since idiots don't know how to handle them.  Why is it people hold pike by the eyes and release them thinking everything is ok. I guess it better then smashing them off the ice. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #38 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:30 PM »
If they get released it doesn't matter since idiots don't know how to handle them.  Why is it people hold pike by the eyes and release them thinking everything is ok. I guess it better then smashing them off the ice.
I was holding it different ,then it started thrashing and slid down as i was taking the picture ! Sorry to UPSET YOU !!!!!!!!! Some people are idiots ,you are correct ! I'm speaking to one right now !  Stick to your New York page .  ;D

Offline ICE SPANKSTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:35 PM »
Stocked pike can reproduce in the wild, as evidence of the small ones you're catching.  Tiger Muskies are hybrid's that are made in a lab and cannot reproduce in the wild. Tiger muskellunge are sterile hybrids created
by crossing muskellunge, Esox masquinongy, largest of all the esocids, with northern pike.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/fisheries/publications/tiger_pike_history.pdf
  Tm is rt tgrmski r a hybrid and engineered in a lab, but then again, with all the chemicals that were dumped into rivers and streams over the years, it is quite possible that they have been able to adapt and become fertile and produce offspring eggs, cause those little ones look like baby tgrs to me, remember life will find a way to survive, after all we do.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2012, 08:15 AM »
Really.  Your the one that thinks the fish is going to be ok with it's eyes gone and I fish in mass with some of the people on here   U. Didn't upset me. Just like to look how you SPORTSMEN keep handling your fish.  If you need to I sure someone on here and teach you how to fish    Its ok. We understand

Offline Lowrance25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Really.  Your the one that thinks the fish is going to be ok with it's eyes gone and I fish in mass with some of the people on here   U. Didn't upset me. Just like to look how you SPORTSMEN keep handling your fish.  If you need to I sure someone on here and teach you how to fish    Its ok. We understand

Tell that to the pike in your avatar with the big metal clamps on his jaw. better his jaw than your hand right? You talk about handling fish but if you knew how to handle one you probably wouldn't need those right?

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:56 AM »
kieth, dont worry about what outhers think . i asked a pro pike and musky fisher from the great state of NY,@ the show last year,&many of his picts.showed him hlodingmusky by the eyes.his response wasthat  NYS.biologiest say just holding the tha way does not hurt them unless you sqeeze hard. after meeting you i have no worries that you treat all fish with respect.tell em to bite you.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Pike?    Try again.   and what does a devise made to handle ( tiger musky) fish and sticking your fingers in a fishes eyes have to do with each other?     If you want there are classes on line to help people tell the difference between each fish    It's ok.

Offline Lowrance25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Pike?    Try again.   and what does a devise made to handle ( tiger musky) fish and sticking your fingers in a fishes eyes have to do with each other?     If you want there are classes on line to help people tell the difference between each fish    It's ok.

Learn how to take a picture and I wouldn't have a problem. as far as im concerned you are holding a log with your jaws there. Lol

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FISHING ! BEEN DOING IT 33 YEARS ! YOU CAN'T BRING ME DOWN !  ;D

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #46 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:22 AM »
Not trying to bring you down.   We actually know mutual people. Just don't like seeing slim darts getting there eyes poke  out

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #47 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Not trying to bring you down.   We actually know mutual people. Just don't like seeing slim darts getting there eyes poke  out
Like I said , I've been fishing for 33 years ! I know how to unhook & hold fish with teeth . I was just trying to get a good photo of it and it was not cooperating ! I didn't squeeze its eyes out ! The BIGGIN is coming out today, soon ! I'll post the picture here  ;D

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:11 PM »
Tell that to the pike in your avatar with the big metal clamps on his jaw. better his jaw than your hand right? You talk about handling fish but if you knew how to handle one you probably wouldn't need those right?
Nothing wrong with using a Boga grip or similar device to hold a fish by the jaw.  Probably a lot less damaging to the fish than sticking your hand in its gills like many do.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #49 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Thank you  ;D

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:24 PM »
I think there is enough figting this year without calling a good man an idiot.try to use a little discretion when posting your comments ,or just keep them to yourself.you come across like your looking to piss people off.

Offline big bite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:44 PM »
I think there is enough figting this year without calling a good man an idiot.try to use a little discretion when posting your comments ,or just keep them to yourself.you come across like your looking to piss people off.
Ya What He Said!!!!!!!!!!
"Youth are our future"

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 02, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Ya What He Said!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap:  We're stayin out of this one huh Jim...just get us in trouble anyways !!! :o :o

Offline big bite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2012, 05:27 PM »
:clap: :clap:  We're stayin out of this one huh Jim...just get us in trouble anyways !!! :o :o
  ya!!!   what he said!!!!!!   LOL
"Youth are our future"

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #54 on: Mar 02, 2012, 06:15 PM »
OK so i might have came off a little wrong and i apologize to millburyman for my comments   it wasn't how i wanted it to come across      every year people post pics of pike and other fish being held up by thier eye sockets , piles of "junk fish"  invasive spieces left on the ice , and other things i don't agree with     after talking with a buddy today (prchslyr actually( one of the most chilled people i know))  i came to the conclusion that there are things on here i don't like and that there are thing that i do that piss people off on here  either way it doesnt make either person a bad person and i need to work on the wording of my thought       hopefully everyone has a good and safe end to thier icefishing season

jason

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #55 on: Mar 02, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Well said Jason ! I too could use some phrasing classes  ;D and thanks Jim,Bob,& Don  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.