Author Topic: Payette Lakers McCall  (Read 3167 times)

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Payette Lakers McCall
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:32 AM »
I started reading this post with the last post. To bad it's seems like people aren't happy and not talking about lakers like the title says, but anyways I love talikng perch. I am not sure but seems perchs life range is around 11 years and since I have only experienced cascades perch a couple of times now it would be interesting if these jumbos age has been estimated. I know when I go I will keep a few cause i make it up there once a year, so far and I know I will keep any that might make it to the record book, like to see my name in print, vanity, vanity.

I always am concerned about the food source of these jumbos and find it interesting how the ones I have cleaned seem to have snails in them, the perch around southern idaho don't seem to have snails in them, so maybe thats what is making cascade such a fantastic fishery and helping with this huge growth factor in a cold water lake and helping in this growth spurt. So lets "protect the sanils" and leave the fisherman alone.

Like I said I have been there once a year for 3 yrs now and in that time the average catch size has only increased and the numbers of them caught has seemed to indicate to me they are probably all about the same in age and the females are putting out many eggs so their DNA is being spread throughout that system, so if that food soure stays strong the perch will do their part in keeping the numbers there and we "need" to be the preditor to help keep the nubers in check so that food source can be mor utilized by those magnificant jumbos.

I sure do love fishin those jumbos thanks duck-slayer for a great time!
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2012, 01:10 PM »
I thought this was a thread about lake trout not who posts what  ;D

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2012, 01:49 PM »

every time woodland posts on this site, his avatar makes me think about going to the 'lake' and catching a mac thus adding to the fishing mortality of them, and i've never tried to catch one in the 35 years i've lived in cascade.
my 2 cents
Perchmasterson, I'm all about catching them just not keeping them. My offer still stands from last year after you pulled my broken butt off the ice. You ever want to go just PM me. I'll even bring you some electronics to use ! ;D

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Going out Tues. I'll let you know how we do, gonna try some perch fillet's of some small perch I caught along with some strips of sucker meat from that 20" sucker I caught up at boulder awhile back.... than do some jigging with some monster jigs...... is this too much info...... ;D
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:41 AM »
....not til after you catch 'em Matt...LOL

Hogger

Offline ShackAttack66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:01 AM »
well IDfisher and i hit the lake sunday morning and Hooked one but he got off , was only able to fish for a couple hours the damn slush was terrible but not bad for our first attempt hopefully we have better conditions next time but its only getting warmer. thanks to everyone who helped us out looks like my little thread turned into quite the discussion.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.