New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LETS GET POSITIVE  (Read 3260 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
LETS GET POSITIVE
« on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:50 AM »
i  read  a  mod  saying  he   had  to  clean  up  and  lock more  threads  in  2  days  then   last  few  months  ...lack of  ice  i'm  thinking  ...sooooooo

LETS  GET  POSITIVE !!!!  NO  FIGHTING  ....(we  can  have  fun  later)  the  ice  sucks  the  snow  is  deep  and   rain  and  50  degrees  are  here  ...  sorry  to inform  you  guys  ...i  can't  change  it  ...but  we  can  all  start  posting  storys  , pictures  ,make  plans  ,  hook up  with  fellow  fisherman  for  coffee  .... it  doesn't  have  to be a  total loss!!!!  i been posting  about  open water fishing  ...  theres  steelies  too  ....  can't  make  the  ice  thicker  but we  can have  some  laughs 

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: LETS GET POSITIVE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:54 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:05 AM »
I agree Trapper, guys getting mad because of lack of ice has caused more than a few arguments. We are all affected by the lack of ice so we ALL have to make the most of it. 

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:16 AM »
It is the nature of the sport...Just like some days you clean up on the ice and other days your are skunked.  I have been trying to stay positive although it is hard.  Makes me appreciate what time I have spent on the ice this year all the more. 
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Just sent you a PM Trapper

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:30 AM »
If there aint no ice then its rabbit huntin time!!!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Just in the last week there were 2 topics deleted regarding TB's presence at the NY sportsman expo and in the past 24 hours there were 2 post deleted in reference to Maki Plastics

now were they deleted just because of the fact they talked about maki plastics?  I mean, there are tons of posts extolling the virtues of Maki plastics...fish307, a sponsor, started carrying makis probably because of said posts...

JJ

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:15 AM »
So much for staying POSITIVE. ::)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:18 AM »
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:20 AM »
I agree  they where more then nice to me and the family.   They talked to my daughter and wife like they best friends and actully got them more interested in fishing then i could.  They also gave me some great tips.  Plus the free shirt was a plus. even though i never get to wear it beacuse the wife thinks its her night gown.     Every one has there rants and raves about everything.  And for the most part I think they let most things slide on here as long it is with in the boundries.  I have never seen a certian brand or store post be deleted because it was not a sponser.  If they get deleted its because people start fighting over the product and get way off topic.

I saw great job to all the mods and owner that do a great job keeping this place clean and enjoyable.     I have had a couple post deleted but not with out reason.  The mods sent me a PM right aways letting me know why they did it.  And they ahve always been right

:bow: to the mods
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:34 AM »
adkroy u get paid to do the deleting then?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Nope all moderators are volunteers,.  In order to keep the thread positive. I split all of wetsleeves posts and the reponses to his own thread.  Lets keep this one positive.

Offline twodogs02

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is that battery failure?
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Seems like the Fish307 experience for your GF was not pleasant but when I read a post that has words like"confronted" in it, it makes me wonder just how the customer who was treated poorly handled the experience with the retailer.  I had a problem with one order from Fish307 last year, they guy I was talking to seemed to be having a bad day.  I hung up, called back and spoke to the shop owner who was very apologetic and resolved my issues and said he would talk with the employee.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:37 AM »
No but he gets a commission for banning/booting wiseguys. ;D

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:40 AM »
 ;Dsometimes if you dont have anything nice and "POSITIVE" to say your best bet is to say nota...... :cookoo:

JJ

« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Is a name change in order? ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:48 AM »
I have to say the mods do a great job on this site, although I do wish I could post information about the seminars my brother and I do to educate anglers on methods and technologies in the sport and for no benefit of our own. In fact we even talked about this site a bit at our ice fishing seminar last month encouraging anglers to visit and join, as this site does offer a wealth of information.  @)

Keep up the great work guys/gals and let's just talk fishing!!! Like others have said, you might need a longer rod and a small boat instead of the shanty this year, but at least we can still get out fishing!! @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:59 AM »
no ice!!!!!!! not nice :(first year in a long time I havent been able to get out on the ice.
what a bummer!!!
                 Im sure most of you ALL feel the same.  IM POSITIVE!!! ;D

steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cooper2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Trapper- couldn't agree with you more. Seems like this weather/lack of ice has brought alot of "drama" to the threads.
That's a shame because one of the best things about this site are the laughs I get from other members comments & commentary. :)
try and keep smiling

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:33 AM »
No but he gets a commission for banning/booting wiseguys. ;D

If I did, I wouldn't have to work my day job.  ;D

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Guys, a lot of the adirondack lakes have made it through this wild winter.   If you need ice that bad, head north.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:42 AM »
That's the ticket!! The Northern Challenge is this weekend - C'mon up and join the party!!  ;D
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline pikepauly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 AM »
yut we'll b fashin all weekend an partying as well

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #23 on: Jan 31, 2012, 12:13 PM »
If I did, I wouldn't have to work my day job.  ;D
:clap: ;D :clap:  Probably not! Have a great day Roy! Rott

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2012, 03:57 PM »
alright  ....  i  don't  care  about   plastic  baits  i  can't  use  right  now ...i  do  care  about  having  fun  and  being  positive !!!!  you =mad  about  the  weather  ....  e  mail  God  ok  or  think  how  low  your  fuel  bill  is  this  year ,  think  maybe  lack  of  ice   and  snow  saved  a  loved  one  a  car  crash  ....  think  gaints  and  cuse   basketball !!!

now  i  had  to  take  someone  to  the  doctors  today    but  after i  HAD  FUN!!!!! 

first   my  young  and   very pretty  partner  and  i  did  some  custom  rod  building !!!!

as  you  can  see  she's  a  grumpy  old  man  fan  too  showing  off  her  green  hornet!!!!

next  the  red  neck  side  of  me   came  out  and  together  we  built  a  custom  snowmobile !!!!

so  we  had   some  laughs   and  i  realized  ....  going  to  be  other  ice  fishing  trips  ...but  my  grandchildren  will  only  be  young  once  ......  i  think  today  beat  a  bucket  of  sunfish   ;D

GET  POSITIVE!!!!

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2012, 04:08 PM »
That puts it in perspective.....1 second with my son equals a lifetime on the ice. Even though we miss our hobby there are things that we can do that are much better.

Offline oneidaeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Also known as FISH ON on MFF!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Yup, The MODS do a great job on here and on MFF. Had a few slipups myself and they told me why. Nothing major. Thats why they are MODS. Keep up the good work guy's.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Trapper wins the "Pollyanna Award" for this year ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:10 PM »
What Trapper said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:
How's the ice

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:12 PM »
When Life gives you lemons ,,,,,,,,,,Make lemonade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a splash of Vodka
How's the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.