New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York Bluegills  (Read 2237 times)

Offline pipeline

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New York Bluegills
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:14 AM »
sight fishing BIG education !! and a hole lot of fun been ice fishing for 30 + years and just tried this 2 weeks ago what a blast !!      was fishing with a football jig the fish would hit either end of jig need double hook jig !! :tipup:

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:32 AM »
Almost every gill on silver this year would just hit the spike. Drop the tip then they have to suck it in or lose it most of the time they suck it in then u nail them

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:58 PM »
I am still looking for some clarification regarding the "dont drill the hole all the way through" part.  I am stumped.   ???
in SHALLOW water hand drill hole till you brake through the ice,stop donot push drill down and pull out to clean hole
leave ice in hole till later drill your other holes[i drill about 10 at a time]off rt158 bay in watervliet res where water is
about 3ft and had lots of pannies[NO FISHING NOW] this is where i found out it about 20years ago.the fish was there
and i know it [the OLD guy i was with stated these fish are very spooky go slow,no noise,don't clean hole out,drill all the
holes and wait and it worked then and still does, not in mid winter look for the deep holes,
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT   
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline backwoods boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I was fishin
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:37 PM »
The smaller the presentation the better. Keep it simple.

Offline wish4fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:48 PM »
My 5 yr. old son and I have been bouncing around local farm ponds and doing pretty well. Most of the farmers we talk to have no problem w/ us jigging for a couple hours and taking a few 'Gills. Its pretty fun and these little ponds can produce some nice sized fish that dont see alot of or any pressure.

Offline backwoods boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I was fishin
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:53 PM »
yeah from one lake to another the size of the gills can vary greatly. Balsam pond near me has the biggest gills ive ever seen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.