Author Topic: pro cure  (Read 3435 times)

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: pro cure
« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Thanks manitobawalleye...I've been waiting to hear from you or leemb on this subject! Is it something you always use on your hard baits or depends on the day?

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:25 AM »
I noticed with the gel it wont stick to the bait or minnow unless you wipe the water off of them and put it on when the bait is dry. I have been using the walleye and the anise and its about 50 - 50. Catch with the procure on and catch without it. It really does have a stink to it.

Offline manitobawalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Depends on the day HG on Targets, but it is always something I put on spoons with the minnow wrapped on the treble.....the gel is too messy for me.
I have used Pro-Cure for over 10 years and other scents for 25 years the only thing that has ever come close too performing as well for me was the Original Fish Formula with Sparkles in it.
Original Fish Formula was an anise base . 2 very different scents. I start using Predator sauce in October and use it thru March.
On Targets last year I used some of the dressed trebles from Mustad on the bottom hook. The feathers help hold scent longer.
Myself and a few other guys get together and order 3 big bottles or so each at a time...shipping is a much better deal then.
Usually I get 2 Predator and 1 Garlic oil....1 friend does very very well with Garlic.
I have fished within 4 feet of guys using the same lure, they were scentless and I was juiced up, have outfished them at times 6 to 1.....maybe they are just poor fishermen.
Is it a magical fix.....no....does it hurt....absolutely not.....does it help....I think so.

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Thanks again for the info!  All I've tried is the gels on my targets  with no success.

Offline hunter-of-lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Picked up some Anise PLus super gel last night from Pro-am, I hope my Numbers increase

Offline AT3NCION

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Does anyone ever try injecting their bait using a worm blower?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.