Author Topic: 1st time out w/ x67c  (Read 4294 times)

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
Re: 1st time out w/ x67c
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2012, 01:12 PM »
ok,  Just received mine.  one question concerning the new pack.  Are you guys using the "support" cable.  Also I remember some buddy posting a mod for the moveable platform but can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:36 PM »
ok,  Just received mine.  one question concerning the new pack.  Are you guys using the "support" cable.  Also I remember some buddy posting a mod for the moveable platform but can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance

Mine was purchased last year and didn't have the support cable, it had a compression type holder and a plastic arm...I got rid of that, went with a piece of 1/2 pipe insulation 6 inches long and a clothespin with electric tape wrapped around the jaws...works like a vex type holder and doesn't hurt the transducer one bit..
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2012, 04:04 PM »
in flasher mode I have a little battery icon down in the right corner that has a level on it.  I think I can add more to my screen I just havnt messed with that.  Hey fillet when your on bottom what color do you make your bottom?  where is your color level on your 67 if you remember.
  Been messing wth mine this afternoon.  You have to change the overlay data on every different graph screen.  your full one and your split one.  I got rid of the temp and went with a small depth and small voltage icon on them all for now.  It will show up on the upper left hand corner.  I haven't been on the ice but i just stop the chart which stops the xducer from working as well and start programming everything to what you guys have said.  Also  I have the transparency at 100% so you can see thru the menu screen easier while changing settings.

edit:  I have also seemed to solve the problem of the support cable.  I found it best to tie it with as small a loop as possible  Seems to hang straight now and can't see how it can hurt to have extra support

"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:20 PM »
  Been messing wth mine this afternoon.  You have to change the overlay data on every different graph screen.  your full one and your split one.  I got rid of the temp and went with a small depth and small voltage icon on them all for now.  It will show up on the upper left hand corner.  I haven't been on the ice but i just stop the chart which stops the xducer from working as well and start programming everything to what you guys have said.  Also  I have the transparency at 100% so you can see thru the menu screen easier while changing settings.

edit:  I have also seemed to solve the problem of the support cable.  I found it best to tie it with as small a loop as possible  Seems to hang straight now and can't see how it can hurt to have extra support

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

i solved the problem also got rid of the support cable and am just doing what fillet says drill a extra hole put it in there and not worry about it.  when pulling it out I handle with care.  that cable became a pain in the butt and I quickly eliminated it.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:46 AM »
I stopped using the support cable after 1 trip out for my Elite.  It was a pain and I couldn't get the ducer to point straight down no matter what I tried.

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Well got on the ice with mine today.  Ice view is useless had to change the view to white background change the depth range and I was in business.  Only stayed out for an hour and a half because the winds and temp were brutal and the fish few and far between.  But I was happy to see it in action.  The graph is awesome once dialed in.  Really thought it would take longer to get used to but I am fairly confident in it already........ -10 windchill outside and it never missed a beat.........

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:04 PM »
I have been using the ice view all season, but got a tip to use the white background... I don't know if it's because of the ice view mode, but I can never see the bottom foot and a half as it's always red.  I always drop down to bottom then raise up till I see the jig on the graph and watch a fish go after it.  My jigs are always blue but both the bottom and fish are always red.  I will try the white mode tomorrow and hope this clears up my issue.  Overall though, very pleased with using my Lowrance on ice.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:45 PM »
was very pleased with my x67 till this morning when i set it up turned it on and had a blank screen.  unit will not turn off and i was bummed.  luckily i had my troller with me to use.  oh well guess will be contacting lowrance tomorrow.  ive only used it maybe 8 times.

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Are you saying when you power down the unit it will go blank and 5sec. later it will power up by itself? My x67c did that and all I did was just unplug the battery quick after I power down and it will stay off. I never called lowrance about it and it never affected the performance and was something I didnt think was serious to bother with.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:52 PM »
no im saying when i hit the power button to turn it on the screen comes up all white or what not with a faint blue line across the middle.  wont do anything and the only way to turn it off is to unhook the power cord out of the back of the unit.   i also plugged the unit into my buddys ducer power cable and same result.  i dont know if it was from the jarring in my shanty tub or what.  but im happy i carry a troller.

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:25 PM »
 Hope lowrance will take care of it. Good luck!

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2012, 10:18 PM »
I'm sure they will.  I did notice when I registered mine a few days ago when I received it that it came up in the system as being put into service in april of 11 and warranty till aprill 12.  Gonna call them on that to just make sure they fix that.  I can understand a huge company keeping track of that stuff, but it doesn't mean it was bought the factory ship date.   Anyways I have my Bill of sale if it ever becomes an issue,  I hope it won't.......

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:36 AM »
just sent out a email to lowrance giving them my serial number and time of purchase and issue.  they already warrantied the transducer with no issues so hopefully this one goes the same way.  ill let everyone know how I make out.  hopefully there customer service is as good as it was for the transducer and not a issue like everyone says it is.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.