The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Truck went through on blush hill!  (Read 4841 times)

Offline shadylane

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Truck went through on blush hill!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Truck goes through at 9:30 at night, hour or so of chaos and making sure everyone is alright, say 30min walk to get somewhere.  Start to get pretty close to midnight.  I'm not making excuses for anyone but I could see easily how it doesn't get reported till the next morning.

Offline the perch jerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:39 PM »
its marked off with a couple of 2x4 standing up wit a rope across it! trust me when i say this he had been drinking its something he does when he drinks he did it a bunch last yr im sure at this point he wasnt driving the captain morgan was!

Offline ssinvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:40 PM »
I would be embarrassed and wouldn't want to report it! I'd hate to be so lazy that I couldn't walk...

I am glad I am not the only one who would rather walk out.  I burn a crap load of callories that way.  I loose ten pounds every ice fishing season because I walk out.  I even walk to my tip ups to check them. 

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:46 PM »
When I trout fish its 3/4 of a mile from either of my two parking spots. I like to be set up by 4. Plus with a new truck I couldn't afford to lose it to the water!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Went their and looked at it today, it is very noticeable, you can clearly see where he had plowed his way out, turned around and gone through on the way back. It is smack in the middle of the only plowed road going off te the left. Marked of with 2x4s and branches, but not very well in my opinion. Still very easy to see if you are looking for it.

Offline fishysmell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 19, 2012, 04:39 PM »
agreed!

I wouldnt have said it if I didnt know it.  ::)

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:47 PM »
The Craig's list posting is all to typical here in Vt. Someone hopping for a law preventing driving on the ice. We already have a law prohibiting drinking and driving. Yea that worked.

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:48 PM »
The Craig's list posting is all to typical here in Vt. Someone hopping for a law preventing driving on the ice. We already have a law prohibiting drinking and driving. Yea that worked.
what if instead of prohibiting vehicles on the ice, they give a fine to anyone who has a vehicle on .....say less than 10'' of ice. not to say that is a safe thickness but it'll keep the idiots from ruining it for the rest. a warden could demand a hole be drilled on the spot and write out a ticket right there.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:22 PM »
A $40-50k plow truck heading to the bottom possibility didn't stop him, hows a fine to change anything?

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grab your rod and get jiggy with it
« Reply #39 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:56 PM »
wow he even made the rants and raves on craigslist:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/rnr/2808254326.html

ya great leave it to every one to start crya**ing that we need to stop the people from driveing out on the ice **censored** ya i have driven out on ice and i will again and if you are truly heart broken about it just think it is makeing the state money and whats more if you dont ice fish then shut the #%*& up thats just my .02 i mean come on if we let the stupid people in the world kill every thing we wouldnt be able to do any thing

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2012, 02:29 AM »
There should with out a doubt be lakes in Vermont that are walk only for ice fishing!!!!! Willoughby would be my first one if I could choose.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:22 AM »
Colchester Pond and Indian Brook are walk ons. These are town ordnance, not state laws. Keeping the decisions local, I'm fine with. More laws at a state level I can live without.

Were does it end? You want walk on. The next Guy wants fly-fishing only, no live bait, no motor boats.....no ice fishing?

If the state is going to stock the water we all need equal access, including folks that require transportation.

Bad calls from mentally challenged people are going to take place. Putting common sense in writing will not change that. In short you can't fix stupid.

Offline Fish Hard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:55 AM »
It 's the same as telling you that you have to wear a helmet or a seat belt...
The government thinks they need to protect people from themselves...

Offline hun ter1972

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:07 AM »
agreed!
as  my buddy always told me u see a big black part on the ice dont go round it go around it if it aint marked go far around it sause it could be a car

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:27 AM »
More boats sink then trucks maybe we should ban them as well.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:59 AM »
We don't need more rules /regulations, you just can't fix stupid !  ::)

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • When the going is tough. The tough go ice fishing!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:23 AM »

yep.... stupidity=new laws
The closest flag up may be the one that is behind you !

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:18 AM »
It 's the same as telling you that you have to wear a helmet or a seat belt...
The government thinks they need to protect people from themselves...

Colchester Pond and Indian Brook are walk ons. These are town ordnance, not state laws. Keeping the decisions local, I'm fine with. More laws at a state level I can live without.

Were does it end? You want walk on. The next Guy wants fly-fishing only, no live bait, no motor boats.....no ice fishing?

If the state is going to stock the water we all need equal access, including folks that require transportation.

Bad calls from mentally challenged people are going to take place. Putting common sense in writing will not change that. In short you can't fix stupid.

We don't need more rules /regulations, you just can't fix stupid !  ::)
More boats sink then trucks maybe we should ban them as well.BB

yes yes yes my point totaly thank you

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:30 AM »
First the Costa Concordia and now Kenny Martin .....   and neither captain went down with the ship!    ;)

Offline ifslob28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:25 AM »
First the Costa Concordia and now Kenny Martin .....   and neither captain went down with the ship!    ;)

Pretty funny for a first entry

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #50 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:37 AM »

hahahaha

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:59 AM »
We need a natural selection bill that disables laws that protect people from themselves and gets rid of things like the seat belt law and others. Some people just shouldn't reproduce! Let nature take it's course!

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:08 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: Nicely said "Newbie". Welcome aboard.

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Thanks, Magnet!  What I lack in fishing skills i make up for in humor!

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:49 PM »
We need a natural selection bill that disables laws that protect people from themselves and gets rid of things like the seat belt law and others. Some people just shouldn't reproduce! Let nature take it's course!

i would vote for that

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:24 PM »

I may try Indian BR in the future thanx for the update on that! But I would love at least one big trout lake in the Kingdom that is a walk only to make it more of a pristine fishing experinence. I understand all the talk of not being able to legislating stupid but there are plenty of lakes you can drive on and only a couple you can't. I don't usually spend a lot of time Chittenden county but I might have to try the IBR and try to find some lesser known waterways with less pressure. I do have to admit I'm lucky as I don't get many weekends off and fish during week days and there is already less pressure.  But the few weekends I have fished the last few years(on the well known trout lakes) was not as much fun because of the amount of vehicle traffic on the lakes driving fast checking flags with their rigs and so on...it's not the same  as the boating season on the water...

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2012, 04:56 AM »
I don't care who ya are-thats funny right there :woot:
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.