Author Topic: Welfleet tourney  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Tic addict

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Welfleet tourney
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:38 PM »
It has been a tough ice year   >:( I hope it does happen!!!! But I don't think it will It is very sad we can't have the first annual tourney but we are better safe than not and I think That's the way my cousin John Hupfer and his past cousin chad would feel to!!!!!!!!!! I wish every one the best and hope for better ice next year :) Every body be very safe and good luck fishing!!!!!!!
"Jiggem"

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:59 PM »
My Uncle Mark went down to Welfleet yesterday to post a flyer and take a look at the ice conditions. He sent me some pics and it's not looking good boys....http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/PhishOn/01311217321.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/PhishOn/0131121732a1.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/PhishOn/0131121727a2.jpg
They've have had a lot of donations and help from area businesses,friends, and family. My son and I were and still are looking forward to this event when it happens this year and for years to come..  R.I.P. Chad man.

Here's a  pic of Chad and his good friend Brian Sorrels that were taken by the Nebraskaland Magazine on an article about the trout fishing at Birdwood. Brian and Shane (flynfish) have been beating the pavement for a couple months trying to get this tournament organized. Thanks again you guys it means a lot to me personally.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/PhishOn/ICEF0520RH000120021.jpg Can one of you guys post this pic without the link for me please. Thanks John Hupfer
Hard as Ice!!

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Hard as Ice!!

Offline Tic addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:51 PM »
That doesn't look good (the ice) sorry bout the blank post, it was just a moment of silence!!!! This tourney will go on at some point!!!! our entry will stay till next year, where ever it might be held, Thanks to all who have spent the time and effort to try and make this happen, and we wish the best for next year, It will happen and look forward to it. We need something like this around here for our youth to look forward to!!!! my son was pumped about an ice tourney around here that we didn't have to travel a hundred miles to!! AND FOR A VERY GOOD CAUSE!!!!!!! We are sorry for the loss of your son we wish your family well and appreciate every efforts by all to make this try to happen this year!!!! God bless.
"Jiggem"

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:44 PM »
My Uncle called me these evening and said they were having to cancel the tournament due to a few snags and thin ice conditions. He talked talked to the Game and Parks and a guy from Welfleet that helps with the club down there and they didn't like the thought of the tournament taking place. I  hope we can have this event in the future. I know a lot of leg work had already been in progress and my son and I were really looking forward to fishing our first ice fishing tournament together.. Looks like we are making different plans for the weekend now. Be safe out there guys. Phish
Hard as Ice!!

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Well it is a shame that they can not have it I understand ice conditions and saftey but if they are not haveing it because of the club not wanting it that is crap for one it is for a good cause and two it is a public lake no different then a normal weekend and everyone when fishing there like it happens on other lakes. Most ice fisher men have respect for what they keep and speaking for myself I will keep anything that is worth cleaning and that I would normal keep and not little fish so I can win remember it is for a good cause and to have some fun

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Well you would think these guys would have had it figured out weeks ago.  On top of that they wouldnt answer their phones for the last two days either to let people know what was going on. 

It all seems fishy  :) to me

For a good cause or not I am one for believing they handled everything very unprofessionally.

Offline mlwalleye69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 09, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Yep. FISHY!!  Now,,it took weeks to find out it ain't gonna happen.  How long till entry fees are returned???

Offline 2old2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 09, 2012, 04:56 PM »
it would be nice to find out if it is on or not i for one would like to know so i can make arrangements from work to attend

Offline panfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:23 PM »
I heard it is not going to happen they needed to
Tell everyone what is going on so they way they
Handled it they will never have one again because
No one will support it tell people what is going on
And they will understand

Offline mlwalleye69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:30 PM »
So does anyone know for sure what is going on?                                                                                                                        Is it on or not?  I can't get anyone to answer a phone.

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I was told canceled mlwalleye. They haven't contacted any of you guys that paid entry fees or gave ya any call backs??? Not my responsibility to apologize but i'm sorry guys I feel really bad it's not taking place myself. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Chads death. I just wish it would have worked out. Phish
Hard as Ice!!

Offline mlwalleye69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:07 PM »
So.   Not to be an ASS  but it looks like I will have to call my bank, spend $11 and get a stop pay on my entry fee check since no one involved with this has done what the entry sheet says they would do.  But we had to sign it when we sent it in.?????

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:33 AM »
Ad in the N Platte telegraph say tourney is postponed not cancelled so hang on it may still happen.
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline mlwalleye69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Thank you for the info thorson. Can you keep those of us that don't get np paper informed? Much thanks.and sorry I got irate earlier. Just very frustrating not knowing what is going on and not being able to make plans.

Offline Tic addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:10 PM »
HELLO!!!!!!!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE  :o HUH ?????    WELL GUESS I'LL  BE THERE ANYWAY!!!!!!!! (If your not out there fishing someone else will be)  LIFE IS SHORT FISH HARD!!!!!!!! And ............  (You don't know till you go)  ;D"Life is better spent",You on the move, than sitting on the couch wondering, whats moving around You)   :P :P :P ;) ;)
"Jiggem"

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2012, 09:19 AM »
One would have thought that whoever is running this tourney would have put an announcement on here with an update on the status of the tournament.  I hope it still happens.  I understand new rookie tournament directors will make some mistakes but with that they will be better at this the next time around.  I do hope all who entered get their money back and this can be resolved.
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline Tic addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Things happen, all we need is a bucket and a scale and fun would be had by all!!!!!!!!!! prizes are great but its just having fun that matters and the Memories of a life time!!!!!! Was there today and was very slow Maybe its good it was POSTPONED the bite was not on!!!!!!!!! But beats sittin on the couch !!!!!!!!
"Jiggem"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.