New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond ready  (Read 2937 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: sandy pond ready
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2012, 05:02 AM »
first one on the ice today, so i thought. untill i made it out and realized 2 more in front of wigwam. not much ice so be carefull this weekend. hopefully the warm weather wont kill it

dbooth243
IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:14 PM »QuoteThree inches is plenty enough to hold you but if you have a buddy dont get to close together!!

if  these  two  make  20 post  before  they  need  to be  resqued  i'll be  surprized  !!!!  b cons  is  100%  right  walking  on the  pond  would  be  mighty  stupid !!!!!  unbelieveable  a  MODERATOR  should  remove   post  when  people  are  giveing  out  information that  could  endanger  someone !!!!!

Offline trkyhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I agree with ps. I went out friday to green point and fished for a few hours, but I would never post about it knowing this year everyone is waiting oh so "patiently" to go, that a lost soul or two (inexperienced) would take my word as gospel and end up swimming. Going out was scetchy at least but after it warmed up some I could see and feel the ice flex. Not to mention if I stuck my thing out I would look like a zipper. Not a big guy going out. Don't chance it. Use your head and be safe. Its not worth dieing for an animal that craps where it eats.
Yes Virginia....Santa does ice fish

Offline bluegillking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • dial 911 this is a biggin!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:14 AM »
The guy was nice enough to tell everyone he was on the pond fishing. Don't b***h at him. It's up to everyone to check the ice themselves when they go out there! Maybe your one of the guys that sees someone is fishing and runs out on the ice to set your tip-ups in the same hole as theirs.  Probably a hole humper!!!
that would be a hole pirate lol

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2012, 11:32 AM »

if  these  two  make  20 post  before  they  need  to be  resqued  i'll be  surprized  !!!!  b cons  is  100%  right  walking  on the  pond  would  be  mighty  stupid !!!!!  unbelieveable  a  MODERATOR  should  remove   post  when  people  are  giveing  out  information that  could  endanger  someone !!!!!

If you feel someone is posting false information, please feel free to use the report to moderator button and we'll take care of it.
Thank you.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Dont you guys think you're taking this a tad far. The guy fished on Thursday when the ice was obviously strong enough to hold him. The guy isn't Jesus and I promise he didn't walk on water.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline crappietaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Some people feel safe on different ice thicknesses. I appreciate the people that go onto this site and tell people what they are catching and what the thickness of the ice is. That being said I fished ice with 18 inches and within a 100 yards there was an inch where there was an air bubble. It's YOUR responsibility to check the ice and fish where YOU feel safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To flag someone for giving THEIR interpretation on the safeness of the ice is a joke!!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:03 PM »
I agree. People think I am nuts down here on thin ice, But it is black ice and no snow. If you know the lake and use a spud , I say lets go fishing. I have made a few posts myself that have been misinterpreted. Just use good judgement. Stay safe out there.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.