Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Little Wall  (Read 5591 times)

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Little Wall
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Anyone been on or by Little Wall this weekend?  I am hoping to get out for the first time next weekend if the ice is safe.  Just wondered if the ice held up there.

Thank you!

Knutty

Offline JimBobber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Anyone been on or by Little Wall this weekend?  I am hoping to get out for the first time next weekend if the ice is safe.  Just wondered if the ice held up there.

Thank you!

Knutty

I drove by Little Wall Sunday at noon and there were 5 people out fishing on the north end by the new jetty.   Didn't stop because I was running late.  Hope that helps.

~Jim

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Dang I need to get out and head north soon!  Thanks for the updates guys! Even if they're dinks I need to get on some ice

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Ran up to Little Wall tonight.  Didn't have the Auger.  Some spots that looked pretty shady, especially right off the T shaped fishing jetty.   I walked out on some clear ice near shore and it looked like 3-4 inches based on the cracks.  I am going to run up with the auger on thursday and see if it will be good to go on Saturday morning.

I'll post my findings.

Knutty

Offline crae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:51 AM »
thinking of heading here Friday, anyone have any ice updates, fishing?

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:27 AM »
I'm going to run up from Ames this afternoon.  I'll post my findings for ice thickness.  Not going to wet a line, but just check ice.  I'll post again this evening.

Knutty

Offline crae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:12 PM »
that would be great, thank you!

Offline jho

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2012, 02:57 PM »
looking forward to your update Knutty... Im just curious to hear what these winds have done to the ice?? I'm hoping to get out there this weekend if applicable.

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Little wall should be good to go.  Spots on the south end were dicey looking but the north half looked pretty good.  There werea few patches of open water along the edge but where I accessed had 5-6 inches of clear hard ice.  (the new solo burned through that in a hurry!). I will caution you if you go that there was open water extending from the north boat ramp diagonal towards the fishing jetty and also adjacent to the boat house.  I could see that icing up with a thin coat between now and the weekend and becoming treacherous.  I would avoid that and the areas around the 2 points on the north end of the lake.  There were thin bands of open water along each of those points.

Let me know if you have questions. Stop and say hi if you see me Saturday morning. I'll have a green Eskimo quick flip 2.

Good luck.

Knutty

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:30 PM »
I'm probably going to be up that way either Sat or Sunday depending on how the ice looks in other areas. If I am I'll be driving a silver sierra, wearing all black most likely with black/yellow frabill frontier pop up if using it.  Never ice fished it before so we'll be flying blind minus a lake map and vex.

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Any reports from the weekend? I had surgery on Thursday and have been layed up on the couch checking the reports. I have heard people are out there but haven't heard any reports.

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Caught a lot of yellow bass from 6-8"...a few small crappies...a 20" bass, a 15" bass and an 18" catfish on Saturday morning.  Fishing was best from 7:30 until about 9:30 then slowed considerably for us.

Knutty

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Thanks Knutty don't need specifics but I am guessing the north end?

Offline knutty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:34 PM »
North end.  We were close to where the north bay opens to the main lake.

Knutty

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:37 AM »
Anyone been out on Little Wall lately?

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 27, 2012, 06:14 PM »
what are the ice conditions like?

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #46 on: Mar 21, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I worked Jewell today, and my client stated that there were a bunch of guys fishing lil wall Sunday, and two more were out today. I noticed as I drove by, there was no open water around the edges or anywhere. No report on thickness.

Buy a suit that floats you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.