Author Topic: unbelievable bass pro shop sale item  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: unbelievable bass pro shop sale item
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:09 AM »
Fingers crossed. I called in and they gave them to me.

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:10 AM »
looks like i got there just in time for that one   ;D

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Well I got 2 who wants to buy one for $150 lol... :o
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:19 AM »
SOLD OUT and no back orders. I talked to customer service about it and they won't get another shipment for a month.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Thanks for this thread.  I scored one.  I don't really need a third ice tent but for that price, how could you pass it up! 

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:30 AM »
dang, missed the deal - now the website says "The product does not exist or is not currently in stock."

Tight lines

Offline drine_11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Yep..called in about 20 mins ago and they would not give me one.  Dont know how you guys pulled it off but, didnt work for me, like usual!!

Offline MI-Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Yup sounds like someone made an oopsy and misplaced a decimal point, I bet somewhere in the add it also said something about while supplies last, and as a result bps had to sell them at that price until they were sold out or they would have been in violation of consumer protection laws.
FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #38 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Ya I just got the Eskimo qf3 for 166 so I'll see what one I like better and sell the other.
From the looks of the post's I'll prob swap the qf anchor system add it to the clam and sell the qf for 150 firm.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline just mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:37 AM »
I just bought on on Friday from gander mountain for $200.00. new one is on the way. $175 back to me. thanks guys.

Offline Gamedog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:50 AM »
**censored**.....I cant find it? SOS
We are where we are, cause that's where we choose to be.

Offline Gamedog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:12 PM »
I found it.......sold out!.....thanks for the heads up anyway., Guys that got it- got a DEAL!
We are where we are, cause that's where we choose to be.

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Those of you that got in before they ran out might want to double check the amount that they're trying to charge you.  I went back to check my order status, and now they're trying to charge me the full 249.99.  They told me there was an error in the publication and cannot honor that price.  Which is funny considering that I have an invoice with a confirmation number for my order with the 24.99 price.  I'm calling BS.  Make sure that you call in to complain about this discrepency.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #43 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:19 PM »
WHAT :%$#!: Well my card only has 60 bucks left on it so they can try all they want and if they do charge any one that price they are breaking the law.
I had my hopes up and look like an idiot a bunch of my friends got them now I'm pissed.
I guess I better let them know to watch there accounts. Can they really do this?
Thomas Harris

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Just checked my order status and it still says $24.99, will let you know if it changes

Offline bigyam627

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM »
just tried. out of stock. oh well didnt need it anyway. hahaha
"Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for the once bitten, there is no cure."

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM »
They cant charge your card for any more than what you authorized.  That is called fraud.  I'm thinking that since they sent an email invoice with a confirmation number that they entered into a contract and have to honor the price.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #47 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:31 PM »
I did it as a guest check out thanks.
I don't see any charge on my cc yet though.
Man this sucks I'm gona chew my fingers off.
They better hook us up with something for this error or I'll hate them forever.
Thomas Harris

Offline Jibber82

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A day on the ice is a good day.
« Reply #48 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:32 PM »
I just used the live chat customer service to figure out whats going on. Looks like it was too good to be true:

Zakkary: Hi, my name is Zakkary. How may I help you?
Me: Hi, I ordered a Clam Summit ice shanty this morning for $24.99. I have my invoice in my email and printed out with the $24.99 price. Now when I log on to my account and go to my order it says $249.99
Zakkary: This was a pricing error online.  The actual price is $249.99.  We cannot match the item for the $24.99 price.  I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.  That item has been removed from your order, and you will not be charged for it.
Me: I would like to cancel the entire order then please
Zakkary: Certainly.  One moment, please.
Zakkary: The order has been cancelled.  Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Zakkary: Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #49 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:39 PM »
DAMB IT  >:(
Thomas Harris

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:44 PM »
They cant charge your card for any more than what you authorized.  That is called fraud.  I'm thinking that since they sent an email invoice with a confirmation number that they entered into a contract and have to honor the price.
They shouldn't be able to charge your card $249 without consent but I've had some pretty terrible experiences with bass pro online ordering, and believe it or not - they charged my card an additional $137 dollars 3 months after I got my gear!! They didn't contact me or anything, I got a "reciept" which was more like a post card, no evelope, no items or explanations, just an amount charged to my card.  I hadn't dealt with them in 3 months after a terrible backorder clusterfuss international order (to canada).  I had to contact them to find out what they did, and they said they messed up shipping charges, yada, yada I'm out an additional $137, on less than $200 worth of gear, the biggest/heaviest item was a 8'6" 2 piece rod...that I'd payed for and received months ago.  If I had time to fight in court with a company that big in another country I would have. Bass Pro shops' international shipping and customer care is garbage.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that none of your orders will be honored.
Tight lines

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 28, 2011, 12:58 PM »
They shouldn't be able to charge your card $249 without consent but I've had some pretty terrible experiences with bass pro online ordering, and believe it or not - they charged my card an additional $137 dollars 3 months after I got my gear!! They didn't contact me or anything, I got a "reciept" which was more like a post card, no evelope, no items or explanations, just an amount charged to my card.  I hadn't dealt with them in 3 months after a terrible backorder clusterfuss international order (to canada).  I had to contact them to find out what they did, and they said they messed up shipping charges, yada, yada I'm out an additional $137, on less than $200 worth of gear, the biggest/heaviest item was a 8'6" 2 piece rod...that I'd payed for and received months ago.  If I had time to fight in court with a company that big in another country I would have. Bass Pro shops' international shipping and customer care is garbage.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that none of your orders will be honored.

You're right.  They're not going to honor it.  I just got off the phone with them and they said that since it was such a huge pricing error the most they could do it give it to me for 175 with free shipping.  That sucks.  But if, I look from the other side of it, I had no plans when I woke up this morning to buy a new shanty, so I'm really not out anything.

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I just canceld my order and they were going to charge me $249.99. I knew it was to good to be true. Oh well

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:05 PM »
My order confirmation said $24.99 too. Nothing else back from them yet, fingers crossed.

Offline MI-Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:07 PM »
WOW I'm no expert in law, but what bps is doing here does not sound legal to me. Sounds more along the lines of false advertising, bait and switch, and fraudulent.
FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline locdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:32 PM »
they changed the price on mine too.  i just cancelled my order.  guess i'm going with the fatfish now as originally planned

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #56 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:34 PM »
I have the invoice in my saved Email folder.
But what good is it.
Thomas Harris

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #57 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:00 PM »
We will see what they say when I call in a little while.  Sounds like bait and switch to me! 

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Even told them to cancel my account if they wouldn't do it and still won't.  Card holder for 7 years and they are standing firm.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:03 PM »
that deal sounded so good i called the ol lady and told her that im coming to her work to pickup the credit card. i was gonna order 3 lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.