Author Topic: Nils Hand augers - how much better???  (Read 12297 times)

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nils Hand augers - how much better???
« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2011, 09:10 AM »
If Cabela's were to sell one, I'm sure you'd find plenty of guys on this site willing to chip in on the cost.  Good luck with your Nils.  You won't regret it.

Not sure what you mean, but Cabela's has both the 6" and 8" in stock. Also, promo code WOCTOBER gives you free shipping over $150. I needed a few other items from the boating department, so the auger only cost me $149.99.

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2011, 10:34 AM »
They are awesome... but... Put an off-set handle on a Lazer and anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference. And trust me, I have cut a ton of holes with both brands. Not sure how easy it is finding a handle for a Laser though. Mine is around 10-12 years old...  ;D
(Image removed from quote.)

what type of cutting head of the lazer use? ive foudn that its not the offset handles that make me cut faster but the nils head.

Offline Mr. S.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Well, I did it! I just pulled the trigger on a new Nils 8" power auger. Like I've said, I have the 6 inch hand auger already and it is DEADLY! I'm excited to see what it's going to be like with an engine on it! I can't wait for the hard water to come!

Offline reg01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Oct 03, 2011, 07:28 PM »
I bought a power Nils this summer too and I can't wait for the ice!

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 03, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I've been looking for an offset handle for my Laser for a while now.  I think Strikemaster had a few in stock at the beginning of last season, but I missed the window.

I really like my 6" Laser, and while I'm sure I'd like the 6" Nils also, it's hard to drop the money on an auger the same size.  I may squirrel away a few dollars for the 4.5" though... 

Hooked the Laser up to a drill last season - I made my fishing buddy do a double take, I had both holes punched before he had is 8" auger even started.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Oct 05, 2011, 06:22 PM »
After reading dozens of old posts, reviews and watching skinnytrucker's video over and over, I had to pull the trigger. I just placed an order at Cabela's for the 8" Nils.  ;D I've been using a Mora since 1988 and figured it was time for an upgrade. I can't wait to get it! Now, where can I order a frozen lake to try it out?
I'm glad you enjoyed the video. That is the reason I made it so others can see just how good it is.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 07, 2011, 09:03 PM »
 UPS just delivered my Nils 8"hand auger.  ;D What a beauty! Those blades sure look surgical and I can see why you have to be very careful with them. Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow too. Won't be long before I'll be drilling a hole with this fine piece of craftsmanship. 

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Oct 09, 2011, 09:01 PM »
The Nor Mark Fin-Bore uses a double offset handle design and the same blades as a Lazer. The handle design offers maximum turning power.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.