New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Oneida Lake BS thread 2011/2012  (Read 314225 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Oneida Lake BS thread 2011/2012
« Reply #4980 on: Mar 11, 2012, 04:53 PM »

well today started out just great headed north took the sled got to the spot was a little wet at shore but no big thing , brought the power screw due to a soar elbow and that was my down fall, started across and having the power screw on my lap made me set back to far and yep you guessed it dropped the tail in  a little over knee deep water set the sled over fired it up and it was up and on the ice, turned around and ferried it back to shore with no trouble , being now wet loaded up my stuff , and by the way Kenai's float  ;D, headed back home fired up the dryer and and a dry set of boots back out the door and finished out the day on a more local body of water , can't let a little thing like this ruin this ol buzzards day caught a few fish and got a little tan , problem there wasn't anyone there to appreciate it  :woot:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4981 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:39 PM »

well today started out just great headed north took the sled got to the spot was a little wet at shore but no big thing , brought the power screw due to a soar elbow and that was my down fall, started across and having the power screw on my lap made me set back to far and yep you guessed it dropped the tail in  a little over knee deep water set the sled over fired it up and it was up and on the ice, turned around and ferried it back to shore with no trouble , being now wet loaded up my stuff , and by the way Kenai's float  ;D, headed back home fired up the dryer and and a dry set of boots back out the door and finished out the day on a more local body of water , can't let a little thing like this ruin this ol buzzards day caught a few fish and got a little tan , problem there wasn't anyone there to appreciate it  :woot:
I was trying.  :(
I followed your lead later in the day.  Like you said - got a nice sun tan.  Not much for fish and I lost my cell phone when I fumbled to take a pic.  >:(
I'm finishing this season on the water.  @)

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4982 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Glad to hear your safe and ok!! Two heads are better than one, did your invisible friend get wet too? Bet you two had alot to talk about on the way home  ;D

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4983 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:55 PM »
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: It was all his friends fault coach!! ;D
Guess they wont be speaking to each other for awhile then ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #4984 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Nice Bsing with you today Freddy, thanks for the hat!!!! ;D
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline icefreak55

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 3rd Year Apprentice
« Reply #4985 on: Mar 12, 2012, 03:08 AM »
Yes .... thanks for the hat Uncle Freddie  ;D
   ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4986 on: Mar 12, 2012, 04:32 AM »
Guess they wont be speaking to each other for awhile then ;D

you always seem to know who is to fault , i chewed his butt out all the way home , think i have him all set now ,or atleast until the first sat. in May  :woot:

great stuff guys  :thumbsup:

the OLLC is growing

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4987 on: Mar 12, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Well at least one of them will be wearing a PFD  ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4988 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:07 PM »

that's right two go fishing one comes home if he keeps up his crap , i think he does this stuff just to see if he can rattle me , it's a good thing that I'm and calm patient person , but he is a great competitor , but over the years it seems that his voice is getting louder  :woot: and i'm not sure but he might have a brother  ;)

OLLC

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4989 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:15 PM »
that's right two go fishing one comes home if he keeps up his crap , i think he does this stuff just to see if he can rattle me , it's a good thing that I'm and calm patient person , but he is a great competitor , but over the years it seems that his voice is getting louder  :woot: and i'm not sure but he might have a brother  ;)

OLLC
Are you sure "he" wasn't PO'd at you and forgot to let you know to get on the gas Sunday AM?  ::)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4990 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Are you sure "he" wasn't PO'd at you and forgot to let you know to get on the gas Sunday AM?  ::)

things like that have happened in the past but i thought he had grown out of that phase , but maybe not , i will talk to him about this later thanks for the reminder FFP ;)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4991 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:59 PM »

just a little note to remember for next year the eyes were way to easy this year maybe next year they will put us to the test , and be a little more normal ,we were spoiled this year  ,fact , there was only 2 times caught less than double digits , but i am the prez of the OLLC take it for what it is worth  ;)  i truley would love to see a tough bite next winter to sharpen up , just an ol buzzards oppion  ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #4992 on: Mar 12, 2012, 06:07 PM »
you are correct it was way to easy this year freddie. holy crap if stormy can go out and catch them its got to be easy :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4993 on: Mar 12, 2012, 06:20 PM »
just a little note to remember for next year the eyes were way to easy this year maybe next year they will put us to the test , and be a little more normal ,we were spoiled this year  ,fact , there was only 2 times caught less than double digits , but i am the prez of the OLLC take it for what it is worth  ;)  i truley would love to see a tough bite next winter to sharpen up , just an ol buzzards oppion  ;D

Quit using bait?  Just forget it at home once  ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4994 on: Mar 12, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Quit using bait?  Just forget it at home once  ;D
no way got to have meat on the hook thru the ice man ::) ::) ::) ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4995 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:01 PM »

FFP was baitless today why because his little friend in his head told him to leave it home  ;D but he did get a nice keeper to eat

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4996 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:47 PM »

FFP was baitless today why because his little friend his head told him to leave it home  ;D but he did get a nice keeper to eat
Yep - I got one of those little "friends" too.  They come with age.  Well, maybe, they come to be realized with age.  @)  Besides, that way you always got someone to blame your mistakes on.  ;D
And all those years I was blaming myself for forgetting "stuff".  Hah, you guys got me straight this year.
It's been a great ice season up here in the north country; had some great days on the ice.  Sorry I did not make it to Oneida, next year I'll have to double my time there.  Besides, it would have been no good, since the eyes were in suicide mode.
The 18-1/2" baitless eye today.  Out of the boat using the same jig(s), techniques I used through the ice.  It worked today.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4997 on: Mar 13, 2012, 03:56 PM »
OMG!! LMAO!! Now FFP has a friend....pretty soon you two will have a complete fishing tournament between the 4 of you!!!  :o
Great stuff guys!! Nice waldo FFP!!--KP ;D

FFP has a friend too :unsure: knock it off you guys are starting to scare me  :laugh:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4998 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:51 PM »
FFP has a friend too :unsure: knock it off you guys are starting to scare me  :laugh:
(Image removed from quote.)

:clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :wacko: :blink: :whistle: :cookoo: :laugh: :woot:

How old are ya coach?  Maybe you just haven't made it to the realization state of mind, yet?  I think of my friend as my Guardian Angel (when he keeps me out of trouble that is)  ;D
Now, Release was being a jerk to Filet the other day when he let him go slow over that thin sheet of ice, and get wet.   :woot:  Too bad I wasn't there - "we" could have set "them" straight.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4999 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:46 PM »

and now I'm thinking back a couple weeks ago i heard HT talking to someone but he only has a one man shack and he did walk out alone HMMM now lets put this in order 1 man shack nobody around and lots of talk or should i say a mild argument coming from his shack  ??? seems like lots of people have little friends  :woot:, i was just doing the math 1 + 0 =2 ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5000 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:56 PM »

and now I'm thinking back a couple weeks ago i heard HT talking to someone but he only has a one man shack and he did walk out alone HMMM now lets put this in order 1 man shack nobody around and lots of talk or should i say a mild argument coming from his shack  ??? seems like lots of people have little friends  :woot:, i was just doing the math 1 + 0 =2 ;D
oh i will admit there was a lot of cussing/yelling ect coming out of my shack this season ::) dam fish will drive you insane out there at times ??? maybe your rubbing off on me freddie :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:  :blink::whistle: :blink: :blink: and how many time did i here fish on f....r ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5001 on: Mar 13, 2012, 06:19 PM »
oh i will admit there was a lot of cussing/yelling ect coming out of my shack this season ::) dam fish will drive you insane out there at times ??? maybe your rubbing off on me freddie :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:  :blink::whistle: :blink: :blink: and how many time did i here fish on f....r ;D

maybe once or twice  ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #5002 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Any ice????? :roflmao:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5003 on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:46 AM »

way north there is some but use caution ,

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #5004 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:06 AM »

way north there is some but use caution ,
Keep on the throdle   ;D ;D ;D ;)2

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5005 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:44 AM »
Keep on the throdle   ;D ;D ;D ;)2
A LOT of "throdle":P

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5006 on: Mar 15, 2012, 09:53 AM »
im surprised there actually is ice anywhere in ny with the recent weather... it wont last long thats for sure... my season was wrapped after the last weekend in february... didn't get the chance to hit oneida this year because I didn't really feel safe on that lake the way the weather was but did hit otisco and a few other places and managed to catch my first trout through the ice and some northerns and my pb and ice shanty tournament winning tiger musky (a small one at 31") Was very surprised that actually held up and was the only one entered good luck on the open water everyone maybe next years winter will be all cold weather.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5007 on: Mar 15, 2012, 12:53 PM »
im surprised there actually is ice anywhere in ny with the recent weather... it wont last long thats for sure... my season was wrapped after the last weekend in february... didn't get the chance to hit oneida this year because I didn't really feel safe on that lake the way the weather was but did hit otisco and a few other places and managed to catch my first trout through the ice and some northerns and my pb and ice shanty tournament winning tiger musky (a small one at 31") Was very surprised that actually held up and was the only one entered good luck on the open water everyone maybe next years winter will be all cold weather.
;D  There is a lot of space in NY State.  Adirondak waters are still good for ice.  "For now".

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5008 on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:26 PM »

well next season will be better on Oneida , far as the eye fishing we walked all season and the eyes were super hungry , it was to easy lots of guys will get a surprise next year if it is a normal year where you really have to work for them , i never got out to my normal spots where the fun fishing is with no crowds , congrats on the first place on your tiger

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5009 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:10 PM »
well next season will be better on Oneida , far as the eye fishing we walked all season and the eyes were super hungry , it was to easy lots of guys will get a surprise next year if it is a normal year where you really have to work for them , i never got out to my normal spots where the fun fishing is with no crowds , congrats on the first place on your tiger

thanks... me and my cousin usually go to the oneida once or twice for the eyes and had good luck 2 years ago and bad luck last year ya win some ya lose some i guess

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.