The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: How to repair a Otter Sled  (Read 11514 times)

Offline chief613

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ....but why does it always happen to me!?
Re: How to repair a Otter Sled
« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2011, 04:30 PM »
i think iam going to look at that plastic wood they make now and see how that would work for runners  i went with the x-tra large sled  instead of the mag
the composite decking may work, but is pretty heavy. I have used the Azack (sp?) brand of PVC trim and would guess that it wouldn't hold up for runners

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Don't you worry none. I have an imagination and I have already posted in some of those threads. I'm sorry you chose a Magnum. Towing 2 regular Otters in tandem makes more sense to me than towing one sheet of plywood sideways to the wind...   :blink:

Dont feel sorry for me NOR its exactly the sled I was looking for. I am not sure what you meant by your comment of ... by towing a sheet of plywood sideways to the wind because I am sure its a heck alot easier to tow one sled in windy conditions than 2 IMO

I only mentioned for you to take a peek because I see some very good ideas for securing your gear inside the sled. When I fish Moosehead its a 27 mile trip by sled one way Its a must to have things secured I apologize if I insulted you

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #32 on: Mar 08, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Ok,
Tic Tac Toe bungees  ;), I'll start. X on the upper right hand corner. Your turn.

Really  ??? ??? ???

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Ok,
Tic Tac Toe bungees  ;), I'll start. X on the upper right hand corner. Your turn.

Im neutral so I will go middle row middle  ;D

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2011, 06:03 PM »
   So how many holes do you have to put in the bottom of your sled to cover one hole?
 The floor sound nice and heavy, what you need is runners for the bottom of your sled. With the runners you get your sled off the ice and eliminate the hot spots from heavy stuff in the sled running over the ice.
  A good auger cover also helps to protect your auger and anything that is packed around it.
not in the bottom they woild be in the same area as the tow rope holes  sometimes you have to do what you have to do
in god we trust

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 08, 2011, 06:15 PM »
the composite decking may work, but is pretty heavy. I have used the Azack (sp?) brand of PVC trim and would guess that it wouldn't hold up for runners

If you know anybody with a snowplow that uses the plastic scraper and is going to replace grab the old one its aharded material than the hyfax plastic and has a built in lubricant for friction

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.