Author Topic: Edges Shot  (Read 3568 times)

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Edges Shot
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2011, 12:56 PM »
I would guess that any lake with any river or stream inflow is going to be iffy.   I'm going to try and get out before dark to a couple small ponds and see how they are holding up.    I would just like to get out on ice in March once.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I'm in the northeast corner and more than one road was flooded I don't hold much hope for the local ponds. :( I'm gonna miss ice-fishing but I had a good time this season.

I tried to cheer myself up by putting fresh line on my favorite rod and dreaming of iced-out panfish and bass fishing coming soon. The between time's gonna suck... Too much ice to cast but not enough to walk on... I picked a good time to get sick. But if I hear of any lakes or ponds that still have some good ice I might rally myself for one more outting.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Im counting on it.,
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2011, 08:31 AM »
velcro how are the ponds in the northeast? what area do you live? i am goin out to scout friday and try to get on somewhere sunday, anything you know is safe?

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2011, 07:12 PM »
I haven't left the house since Saturday so I don't know much about the ice around here... There was a bit of water on top of the ice at Halls Pond when I was there last week and the cracks in the ice were starting to widen up, it's probably only weakened since then, especially after the rain. :-/

Tempted to try Crystal at Nahaco since the camp is on the southern end of the pond and in theory ice will be stronger there than on the north side but I haven't been there for a while so I don't know how it is.

Offline Yukon Roz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2011, 06:31 AM »
I was on lake williams saturday and holes were getting bigger by the time we left. Babcock pond has a lot of open water now so does moodus res.

Offline Kickinthebass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2011, 05:50 AM »
I saw a few guys out on Williams yesterday about 2:00.  Was that ay of you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.