Author Topic: Muck boots  (Read 7206 times)

Offline JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Moosehead Lake 2008
Re: Muck boots
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Baffins are waterproof...

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Baffins are waterproof...

Thank you. I'll have to check them out.
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I own a pair of artic sports and i like them. Very lite and comfy. Only got cold in them once this yr but didnt have wool socks on that day and it was 6 degrees out. Once i got moving i was fine again. Very good for slushy wet but will be buying new packs for next season for extreme temps. Just got to do some research on that.One thing is for sure,cold wet feet suck!

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:21 PM »
I swear muck boots  are the  way to go  & I need the support they give me  I  also  have farm boots  I used to use   &  if I had  on the farm boots for 15 minnn... my back would  be hurting me so bad  but muck boots not the case  I am very warm with  them  & I have a pair of socks  I got in an outlet store i use with them
    in mohawk new york
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:10 PM »
it really depend on how easy your feet get cold . mine really do , i have arctic / woody max mucks for round the house shoveling and spring and fall fishing but are no way warm enough for me to ice fish in i need a pac boot for that . i use lacrosse extreme pft's for that and they never get cold anymore

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/lacrosse-1000-gram-thinsulate-ultra-insulation-alpha-extreme-pft-boots-mossy-oak.aspx?a=488825

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline xphelanx

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where did you put my beer?
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:46 PM »
After reading this thread all the way through, I ask myself: "How much Shoe Goo can I pump into my dry rot infested 1000g Rangers before I finally chuck them out?"
The answer was: "No more."
I just ordered a pair of mickey mouse boots online for under $40. Considering I paid $24 for my Rangers and what people have said about these boots, I think they'll work out just fine. I've been struggling for months trying to figure out what I'd do about the cold feet situation, and this seems to be the answer (especially since I don't have $100+ to be spending on footwear. I only wish that my uncle had larger feet when he was in the Air Force, because he's got a pair of the white ones that I could've been using had my feet been smaller. Oh well, I should have my "new" boots in 5 days or less and I'll let everyone know how they work out.
I've got the itch... No, not that one. It's the good kind.
It's pronounced "fay-len" (the x's are silent)

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2011, 05:35 AM »
 I've never tried the Mucks. I've worn my Lacrosse ,Burlys 800 for years all year long ,my feet never get wet and rarely cold unless I'm not moving around. I bought a pair of Cabelas 1200 in their bargain cave for 65. they are heaver but warm and dry. MG39 gave me a pair of Mickey mouse boots,black they are the warmest and dry,they are a little heavy if your walking very far. The M.M. are a little bit lower than the others and I have a hard time tucking my heavy pants into them,but they are the ones I grab if the weather is very cold.
 What I've found the only boots to keep your feet dry when spending the day in water are rubber boots the higher the better.I've also learned your socks play a big part on keeping your feet warm and dry. UnderArmour makes a boot sock that are my favorite. I wear a lite U.A. sock then the boot socks and my feet are happy.
 Due to sweat , make sure you dry your boots before each trip. Most of the time when hunting I'll change my boots and socks for the afternoon to make sure I'll be warm.
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline IRIGHTI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2011, 05:53 AM »
I have a pair of Arctic Pro Muck boots, their great for cold weather. Comfort range of -60°F to 40°F.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:33 AM »
I got a pair of the LL Bean Artic Extreme boots with the silver lining these boots are pushing 15yrs old The warmest boot I have had on my feet but they dont make that style anymore  ??? kinda a pain to put on but what pak boot aint and my belly seems to get in the way. Mucks are real nice, comfy and light I have a pair and luv them but they aint the warmest by no means I dont have the artic  or artic pro version just the woody max but they are a good boot 100% waterproof

Offline trucker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:20 AM »
I got a pair of the LL Bean Artic Extreme boots with the silver lining these boots are pushing 15yrs old The warmest boot I have had on my feet but they dont make that style anymore  ??? kinda a pain to put on but what pak boot aint and my belly seems to get in the way. Mucks are real nice, comfy and light I have a pair and luv them but they aint the warmest by no means I dont have the artic  or artic pro version just the woody max but they are a good boot 100% waterproof
well Thanks for all the info with all the research I think I will try the  Arctic Sport Muck Boots, High-Cut  they seem to be the way to go I need comfortable  dry and warm boots
Hang out with the kids or go fishing......Can I take the kids out fishing?

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:55 AM »
I have those Arctic sports in your 1st post link and they are AWESOME!!!

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:44 PM »
I am returning a pair of predator extremes tomorrow as they got wet in all that slush and water last week.  Now I don't blame the boots really as it was a lot of water and don't think I can blame the boots as they are not full rubber or as high as the mucks.  But while I am there i am going to try on a pair of mucks and seriously consider them instead of another pair of pred extremes.  My question to all you muck heads out there is on the longevity of the mucks.  Also are they really not to warm for spring and fall use as well?  So tell me how durable you think they are and how long you had a pair or how yours are holding up after a couple of seasons.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.