Author Topic: room for everybody  (Read 3294 times)

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: room for everybody
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:58 PM »
That's correct.  And you may have to stand up to the police when they try and run you off.  It is legal to be on Sego Prarie pond, but some of the locals there will call the cops and try to run you off because "it is not safe".  Just be careful and you'll be fine.  I did a Polar Bear Plunge there on the 24th of December.  You might want to check out my video.  I went first and last. ;)

Thanks for sharing the video...looked like fun but very COOOOLD!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:01 PM »
The ice is probably around 18" and a little weak on the edges but still not too bad.  Had my 4wheeler out on it this weekend.  Fishing has been pretty good up there, it was pretty slow for me this weekend but still caught some fish.  They stocked it this fall when they determined it wasn't going to dry up.
Thanks and good to know!  I will have to hit it atleast once this season!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2011, 02:53 PM »
The ice is probably around 18" and a little weak on the edges but still not too bad.  Had my 4wheeler out on it this weekend.  Fishing has been pretty good up there, it was pretty slow for me this weekend but still caught some fish.  They stocked it this fall when they determined it wasn't going to dry up.
MHfishing, I took Friday off from work and went down to Little Camas, nice getting back down to my old stomping grounds in Elmore County.  Was there from about 0830 til 1500 (3PM) and had the entire lake to myself.  Did not see another person the entire day.  As you said, the ice was plenty thick 16-18 inches.  Had a slow day, about an hour after I started fishing I caught a nice chunky farm stocked trout about 11 inches long and was expecting more action shortly after but it just died.  Caught it using a Swedish Pimple with a nightcrawler attached.  Moved to another location and fished three more holes where I had fish hit my line but could not set the hook and then would find my bait sucked clean off the hook.  It sure was nice to be up there again, have some real fun memories there.  Thanks for the info.

Offline mhfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Yea, last weekend they sucked the bait right off my hook too.  It's so close its hard for me not to go up there, slowing down enough though that I think I'm making the trip to Cascade next week, and going to the derby at magic the week after.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.