Author Topic: Artic Armor Poor Service  (Read 4149 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Artic Armor Poor Service
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:52 PM »
FYI....I own a Mustang. It is, in fact, a Coast Guard rated PFD. 7 years now...no problems.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I hope the super bowl outcome didnt effect the Green Bay suite price.   >:(
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #62 on: Feb 08, 2011, 02:33 PM »
I am VP of Sales & Marketing for Innovative Designs Inc, the maker of the Arctic Armor suit. I wanted to post to defend our customer service. Because of the growth of certain big sporting goods retailers, the entire retail industry is in turmoil. When you sell product to these big accounts, they DEMAND an additional discount which is called a return allowance. What this does is give them the ability to take back anything and everything that a customer returns. It doesn't cost them anything and actually if a manufacturer's returns exceed the amount of the discount, you are billed for the difference. If they receive no returns, the money is not refunded. This puts our valued retailers at a disadvantage. They do not have the same "take back anything" policies. Innovative Designs has a very friendly warranty policy. It is our goal, when a retailer identifies a problem as a manufacturer's defect, to remedy the situation as soon as possible with the customer in mind first. It is inevitable that a button, snap or zipper could be defective. Our retailers offer their customers the quickest and easiest solution possible. Sometimes it is taking the suit to a local tailor/seamstress to have the item repaired, with the bill sent directly to us for payment. If the customer isn't able to have the problem fixed locally, we offer the option to send it to us for quick repair by our local tailor. The definition of "good" customer service to some people these days is only hearing yes-yes-yes. But it's sad to say that many people attempt to take advantage of the system. We receive calls every week from people who say our suits have mysteriously torn apart in their closet, shrunk 3 sizes even though they were washed properly and somehow have a burn hole even though they were nowhere near their heater. Or the gentleman that demanded we accept his bibs to check the manufacturer's defect, which turned out to be evenly spaced auger cuts. Or the customer who is accomplished at 'renting' products and returning them after they are finished using them. These calls are getting more and more frequent, and are causing us and all other manufacturer's to be more cognizant of the situation. Just to let you know, we also get many calls from customers who 'admit' they have damaged their suit. Do we tell them "Sorry we can't help you?" We have sent out so many free patch kits free of charge that we stopped counting them. We have repaired many suits at NO charge that were accidentally damaged. We have had many customers order the wrong size suit and ask if they can exchange it with us. We exchange the suit and ship it back to them at no charge. I am extremely proud of our customer service and the products that we offer. You've heard the addage "You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time" Yes, my name was mentioned in one of the posts on this thread. I was not part of the original conversations that occurred regarding this snap. But I did intervene after the 3rd or 4th call. I explained our company policy, and the quickest way to handle the problem. I have to disagree with some of the posts here saying that we, or any company, should simply give the customer a new suit if a .02 snap comes off. I wonder what would happen if these same people purchased a new vehicle and the windshield-wiper fell off? Replace the car?? Well after I tried to explain our policy I was told "You just don't get it" "I want to speak to your boss!", so I passed the call along to our CEO. I am no longer involved in this situation, nor do I want to be. I know how we value our customers and give them excellent customer service. We will continue to do this as long as we offer our products. For those of you that will never buy our products going forward because of this, so be it. For those of you who know who we are, and how we value you as a customer, we'll be here for you...
LOL. A "VP of Sales & Marketing" that can't quite get the hang of paragraphs.

Bravo, sir.

Offline icefishingNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Preparation + Opportunity = Luck
« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2011, 02:38 PM »
There's always 3 sides to every conflict. Side 1, side 2 & then side 3...the truth.

Well I'm going on my 2nd season with my Artic Armor suit. No problems with the snaps or the zipper. Only problem I've had is I keep putting on too much under layers & over heat. For those that don't wish to own one because of something what you read on line, so be it ;) It's not me or others that wear the suit that run the risk of not coming home if you happen to go in @)

I'm Old Enough To Know Better...But Young Enough Not To Care.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2011, 04:32 PM »
There's always 3 sides to every conflict. Side 1, side 2 & then side 3...the truth.

Well I'm going on my 2nd season with my Artic Armor suit. No problems with the snaps or the zipper. Only problem I've had is I keep putting on too much under layers & over heat. For those that don't wish to own one because of something what you read on line, so be it ;) It's not me or others that wear the suit that run the risk of not coming home if you happen to go in @)

Well said!!! :thumbsup:

For those that decide to buy another suit that doesn't offer floatation protection because of this thread, I really hope it's not one of your very last regrets. :'(
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

ICE REBEL

« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2011, 04:57 PM »
WOW  :o. That comes as a surprise someone says the words Artic Armor and GCD has to post 100 times on the topic and he still has to talk sh$t about everyone that has not bought a Artic Armor suit. Dude are you seeling these suits for the company? If your not then freakin stop already.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2011, 05:09 PM »
WOW  :o. That comes as a surprise someone says the words Artic Armor and GCD has to post 100 times on the topic and he still has to talk sh$t about everyone that has not bought a Artic Armor suit. Dude are you seeling these suits for the company? If your not then freakin stop already.

I'm not seeeling anything!

What?... Everyone can squawk but no one can say something truthful or good about these suits???

I just happen to really, really like my AA suit, and common sense should tell you floatation is a good idea on the ice or over cold water.

The suit is so light, warm, and offers so much more mobility over conventional floatation suits... it really is amazing!!! ;)
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.