Author Topic: My First Shack. Go Big or Go Home!  (Read 39105 times)

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
Re: My First Shack. Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:44 PM »
BigDVO the things big enough to move into or have as a summer home or winter home on the ice.

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:26 AM »
BigDVO the things big enough to move into or have as a summer home or winter home on the ice.

HaHa Thats for sure. When we went out yesterday to set it up we had lots of visitors. At one time we had 8 oversize guys in there and no one was touching sholders. I have nicknamed it "The Lodge" for fun. Im looking forward to heading out there today after work and fishing in it for the first time. I will be sure to take some pictures :) Now im just making a list of the stuff I need to put in it (pots and pans, emergency kit ect.) Perhaps I will make a new thread about what to put in it because I know its going to take me a few trips and lots of thinking to get everything I need out there.

Offline Lightman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Cool shanty BigDVO! Pretty soon you'll have Directv and high speed internet in it and you'll forget to fish :)

Offline dalwhe1970

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Awsome Shack, and it's nice to see someone from Thompson, Manitoba on here; I really miss that northern living and the fishing and winters. I hope you put that shack on paint lake for a go also. ;D

surflizard

« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2011, 07:31 AM »
Awesome shack, I would bring a truckload of 2X scraps to block it up off the ice ! If a thaw occurs and a freeze up afterwards, if the runners freeze it, there is no access to chop out the middle runner, Just my .02 !

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2011, 08:01 AM »
BigD - Nice palace, your doing a great job. I had a shack that I built once upon a time, I'm not sure what you planned on holding your hole covers in with but on mine when I had nothing they bounced out and fell through the holes and I lost them. I made new ones and used those spring clips like they used to use to hold storm windows and screens in on the old time windows. Just a thought for you.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline androwildfire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Nice looking shack! Make sure you bring plenty of cribbing to lift the shack high enough off the ice do the middle ski doesn't get frozen in!!! Good luck!

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:15 AM »
nice looking shack

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:11 AM »
Awsome Shack, and it's nice to see someone from Thompson, Manitoba on here; I really miss that northern living and the fishing and winters. I hope you put that shack on paint lake for a go also. ;D

HaHa The shack is on Partridge Crop but I have many friends that are on Paint Lake. Its nice to hear from someone that knows of Thompson. Small world :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.