Author Topic: ARTIC ARMOR.. SAVED MY LIFE 1/15/2011  (Read 15997 times)

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ARTIC ARMOR.. SAVED MY LIFE 1/15/2011
« Reply #90 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Just waiting for someone from there to call me back so I can order one.  I just called again and got the answer machine again...

Thanks for the info.

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #91 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:34 AM »
 :o I don't understand ???
This all started by Hooter telling us how the AA suit saved his life...............
Why is there ANY questioning this product ? He's not trying to sell it, he is simply telling every angler on this site a fact........... IT DOES WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #92 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:40 AM »
So I guess he would have drown if he was just wearing a regular life vest? Stop by and say hi I will be the only guy on the ice wearing Carhart's. lol

Offline SISIF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ^ Every good and perfect gift is from above.
« Reply #93 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:48 AM »
ok guys ya talked me into it I just got home from D and R sports, how do the leg flaps work velcro one inside boots , zipper out????
So far it soooo comfortable , i have always been a carhart guy and this is nice ( im wearing it right now ) gettin a lil warm though.
Tommorow is test day 15 mph wind , -2 wind chill well see!!!

How are you going to find out in -2? Come up to Manitoba when it's -40 and test it out.  ;D
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” -Matthew 4:19

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Well the boys at A.A. just hooked me up.

They were out of the XL size for the green and Yellow suite (the one on sale, $115 off) but they did have a pair of the XL bibs so they sold me them with the Black jacket in place of the green and yellow one and they gave it to me for the same price!  Very good of them to work with me on that.  Should have it monday.  So I have the GREEN and YELLOW BIBS with the Black Jacket. 

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:08 PM »
So I guess he would have drown if he was just wearing a regular life vest? Stop by and say hi I will be the only guy on the ice wearing Carhart's. lol
Again, your life vest will float you, We have established that!!!  Drowning is only "ONE" issue of many grave concerns!!!   I am sure the fire department divers will be super appreciative when they hear that they are no longer needed as the fisherman in question was found "afloat" thanks to his bright orange pfd..  Haven't you seen titanic brother...  Leonardo (Jack, I think) was holding onto something that floated, I am sure he was thinking all he was well into the clear at that point...  except for the extreme frostbite, loss of gross and fine motor skills, inability to communicate, think rationally, move extremities, grip anything, stay upright, swim, breathe, not swallow water!!!   You know... that whole shock thang!!!!!!!  Spoiler alert!!!  he drowns!!!  Oh yeah!!!  Wearing a flotation device alone would have done nothing to save him from exposure, and the plot remains the same.   Since I already ruined it, the girl with the hoo-hoo's throws the 50 million dollar diamond into the water!!!  Sappy love story, never see him again, live to be 189 years old, yada yada...    FICTION I KNOW, AND A STRETCH, BUT YOU GET MY POINT!!!  When your carharts get soaked, if you drag your semi-lifeless body from the icy waters, it will probably get easier to survive as your clothes all freeze up and become impossible to move in.  When you get out of the frying pan, welcome to the fire.  Why is it that the CRAB guys on tv have to wear "SURVIVAL SUITS???"  I wonder if the mortality rates on crab boats would go down if they were all issued  PFD'S or perhaps some "MY LITTLE PONY" arm floaties???  I'm certain that they are cheaper than survival suits!!!  Im not trying to be a jerk, but this thread was posted by a guy who's life was saved by this suit!!!  I'm super glad you take precautions, but this guy bought a suit, it worked, and he wrote about it!!!  If you don't want one, don't get one!!!  It's a free country for now!!!  Hope you all stay safe!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #96 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Fish 307 hooked me up..I ordered on wednesday morning..and got my suit today..great service!!!  and this suit is awesome,trying it out tomorrow.

Offline highvoltagejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:42 PM »
HOOTER  Glad you are ok. I am sure your friends and family were glad you had it.   My wife must want me around for a while cause she bought me the AA suit for Christmas this year.  It came with the gloves too.  She bought it online from Pro fishing supply.

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Hooter, nice to hear you are ok. I have had the Mustang for about three years now. I personally like the one piece as it stops the wind from going up your back. It has velcro around the wrists and ankles. It also has straps around your waist and thighs. I never wear anything but under armour under it. Not even a shirt. I like it and it takes my mind off of going in and lets me concentrate on fishing.

Offline drillinnjiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Forced to work Born to Fish!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:52 PM »
HOOTER -glad you are ok.

Got an AA suit last year. Love it warm and dry is real nice. Jacket usual comes off when I'm drilling too hot.
Stayed dry kneeling in slush. great product.

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Just ordered and paid for the set, thanks HOOTER for the heads up,
awesome that you are OK! 
I currently use a Mustang one piece but it's heavy and does not breath well                                                                                                                                               

Offline draketrutta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Thats what I was saying, I wear a Stearns life vest pfd under my warm jacket in the fall casting for muskies, why not ice fishing? Nobody would even know you were wearing it. you would not want to wear it outside of your jacket that would be too bulky, the life vest also helps keep you warm just like an insulated vest. I think the guy pushing these is a salesman for the company. A coast guard approved pfd is a safer bet and a hell of a lot cheaper. spend your money on good Under Armour long underwear. You don't need this suit to stay warm.

x2

Like you - I don't fall for overpriced marketing hype.

I wear a Stearns Coast Guard Approved PFD under an oversized fleece hooded jacket and I am very comfortable with it on. The picks are around my neck before I get on the ice.

x2 again on the Under Armour - and long wool socks that go to the knees..

Nice to see there are others that don't get in line to buy into the hype...

Offline BOWLHOGS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:12 PM »
just purchased    the artic armor  plus   back in dec       absolutly love the  suit  lightweight  and super warm    , comfortable    wish i bought it sooner    well  worth  the 380    i paid 

Offline Coldkitty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Glad you're ok.  Just bought black bibs & green jacket, going out tomorrow and for 1st time in 2 years will be warmer & safer.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Jan 23, 2011, 03:55 AM »
x2

I wear a Stearns Coast Guard Approved PFD under an oversized fleece hooded jacket and I am very comfortable with it on. The picks are around my neck before I get on the ice.

That's funny since Under Armor is more into marketing than making quality products.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:11 AM »
What kind of zipper does AA have?

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #106 on: Jan 23, 2011, 04:31 AM »
What kind of zipper does AA have?

YKK
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #107 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:19 PM »

That's funny since Under Armor is more into marketing than making quality products.
HOLY COW!!!  I AM SHAKING IN ANTICIPATION!!!  I can't type fast enough!!!  WTH???  Under armor spends millions and millions of dollars in marketing and celebrity endorsments.  Now that is just good business, they are "HUGE" company with a vast line of products, but you wanna talk about hype!!!  Arctic Armor may advertise, but I can't recall "one" of their commercials, and I am certainly not bombarded by their logo and catchy verbage everytime I watch a sports event.  WE MUST PROTECT THIS (ICE) HOUSE!!!   HYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPE!!!  And damn that sneaky "alleged" salesman for AA!!!  Why are you trying to pimp your duds here!!!  Why dont you do a little research and find your target market and go bug them!!!  Quit being a sneaky pete!!!!!!   

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:22 PM »
As a side note, my top and bottom Under Armor cold gear were just under $100.00!!!  Only because I got an employee discount!!!  Thank god they are not overpriced.

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:41 PM »
Just got my order of the black Artic Armor jacket and bib................... ..........I am going to say this and I do not work for the company, best freakin' purchase I have made all year (from Jan2010)....................th e darn think is seriously warm and weighs almost nothing and that was the main reason I got it, the weight. All I can say is WOW and gonna use it tomorrow and Friday too ;)!

Thanks to all that share good equipment, it makes the experience better and the fishing as well.

Offline peddletothemeddle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:16 PM »
I have used my suit 4 times so far this year.  I hope I never have to find out if it floats or not.  It is by far the lightest suit I have ever seen.  I used to own a Helly Hansen, and this thing is way more comfortable then that suit.  It is also very warm.  This past weekend I wore it in very cold conditions, and still stayed toasty warm with just a base layer and track pants and a hoodie underneath.  Worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Why are some of you people talking so badly about Arctic Armor. It sounds as if you are actually trying to talk people out of buying something that could save their life. What is wrong with you people? Yes they are expensive. If you can't afford one, fine, but why slam the product? They do float you and will most likely save your life if you go through the ice wearing one, this is a fact.
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #112 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Why are some of you people talking so badly about Arctic Armor. It sounds as if you are actually trying to talk people out of buying something that could save their life. What is wrong with you people? Yes they are expensive. If you can't afford one, fine, but why slam the product? They do float you and will most likely save your life if you go through the ice wearing one, this is a fact.

I think they're either jealous or just to darn cheap to buy a suit, I'll bet if they showed the benefits to their friends and relatives they could get enough "donations" to buy a suit!!!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:38 AM »
My season is already over, ice fishing time has been severely limited by deployments in the last few years, I was able to get a solid month in this season, a lot better than 4 days last year. Anyways, I find myself going out earlier and later than ever before.  I always spud out and have my spikes when it's shady, but I have decided I need a little more piece of the mind.  I was considering a PDF but my mind has been changed since I was already in the market for a new suit.

Last season I bought a Vexilar Cold Snap Parka for 80 bucks and just have not been impressed with it, it's bulky and I am not a fan of the fleece type liner, pulling it on and off is always a hassle and I've already had to reinforce torn out arm pit seams.   I've also owned the Cabela's Guidewear suit and after a couple zippers, I gave up on them.  After this season and not liking the Cold Snap, I had decided to buy a SnoSuit.  Money really wasn't an issue when thinking of the purchase, after feeling how comfortable it was, I didn't mind the price tag a bit.  .... Then I ran into this thread and it resparked an old interest I had in these suits... After wavering back and forth a bit I decided to commit and I just made the purchase. After all this suit is cheaper than the Snosuit and has one large advantage.. I am hoping they are everything I hear they are, but it'll have to wait until next winter to get a real test run.

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #114 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:35 PM »
glad you're ok ,aa is the best.i just don't like the black material on the inside tears easy,especially around the bottom left near the zipper.
[img]

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Feb 02, 2011, 12:48 AM »
x2

just because you choose not to purchase a product doesnt mean that those that are happy with it bought into some type of hype.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #116 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:08 AM »
if you dont like them or dont want one you shouldnt post!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:54 PM »
I totally agree, I bet that post stirs up some crape.
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline Hippie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Feb 03, 2011, 04:54 AM »
I think they're either jealous or just to darn cheap to buy a suit, I'll bet if they showed the benefits to their friends and relatives they could get enough "donations" to buy a suit!!!

X-2

Offline dlsolt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:43 AM »
Just broke down and bought a suit.  I don't ever plan on testing the floatability, but I will feel better knowing that I have it!  I talked to several people on the lake this year and no one had anything bad to say about the arctic armor coats/bibs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.