Author Topic: New Ice Shack spring project  (Read 57668 times)

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Ice Shack spring project
« Reply #270 on: Dec 07, 2012, 02:31 PM »
If we get enough ice it will atl least be a nice shelter even if it is not finished.

The plan for now is save up some more cash and replenish the build fund.  I want to get some solar panels on the roof to recharge the battery bank before I get to far with the interior.  I still have to figure out where I'm going to put the outlets and switches for everything.

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #271 on: Dec 07, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Looking real good and should be solid as a sherman tank. Keep up the great work and pics coming.  :icefish:

Might need a sherman tank to pull it.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #272 on: Dec 07, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Might need a sherman tank to pull it.

Surely you jest Rjuke70, you will be fine, where there is a will, there is a way. Incredible build for sure.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #273 on: Dec 07, 2012, 07:22 PM »
Coming along great!! If it's not done for this season, what are you going to fish out of?? :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #274 on: Dec 08, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Coming along great!! If it's not done for this season, what are you going to fish out of?? :icefish:

If and when I get ice, I will use my trusty Otter two man portable.  Hoping for some cold spells soon.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #275 on: Dec 08, 2012, 11:11 AM »
If and when I get ice, I will use my trusty Otter two man portable.  Hoping for some cold spells soon.
Hope you get them!! Looks like a repeat of last year down my way!! :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #276 on: Dec 15, 2012, 03:22 PM »
definite nice shanty. looks heavy to haul, have to have some perfect conditions. A+ build!!

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #277 on: Dec 16, 2012, 10:51 AM »
awesome

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #278 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:13 AM »
nice finished product

Offline ryanmolnar55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #279 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Great Job! How about some interior Pic's.

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #280 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Great Job! How about some interior Pic's.

still trying to get the outside buttoned up, I ended up pulling one of the panels on the outside and redoing it.  I wanted to get the trim finished, but the snow hit.  I decided that when the ladder got slippery is was time to pack up the tools.  Probably won't get to the interior till spring.  I still have to figure out the wiring and where I want to put the switches and outlets.  So as it stands it is storage for the insulation and other supplies.  At this rate it may be done by next season.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #281 on: Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 AM »
It also works well if you get it out on the ice befor the interior is all done that way you can figure out how you like it set up and were the best placment will be for the swiches and outlets. and where the seats will work the best.  :)

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Dec 21, 2012, 11:24 AM »
It also works well if you get it out on the ice befor the interior is all done that way you can figure out how you like it set up and were the best placment will be for the swiches and outlets. and where the seats will work the best.  :)

Seating, bunks, and kitchen area is all figured out.  The plan is to mock it up and use blue masking tape to mark the areas.  Just need to build up the funds again for the solar panels, wiring, outlets, switches, lighting and all the other fun stuff.  I don't want to get to far ahead of myself and start finishing the inside then have to pull things apart to run more wiring for the solar panels.  Never planned on having it finished for this season, that's part of the fun of the project.  Work on it when I have the time, and changes thing and add things as I go.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #283 on: Dec 21, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Seating, bunks, and kitchen area is all figured out.  The plan is to mock it up and use blue masking tape to mark the areas.  Just need to build up the funds again for the solar panels, wiring, outlets, switches, lighting and all the other fun stuff.  I don't want to get to far ahead of myself and start finishing the inside then have to pull things apart to run more wiring for the solar panels.  Never planned on having it finished for this season, that's part of the fun of the project.  Work on it when I have the time, and changes thing and add things as I go.
I've been following your build from the beginning!! Take your time!! Do it right!! Just an update now and then is great!! Also let us know how you do out on the ice with your Otter!! Tight lines and Happy Holidays to all!!! :icefish:

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #284 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:11 PM »
I've been following your build from the beginning!! Take your time!! Do it right!! Just an update now and then is great!! Also let us know how you do out on the ice with your Otter!! Tight lines and Happy Holidays to all!!! :icefish:

I'm in no hurry, I knew it would be a long 2 year project when I started.  It is very rarely that I get a second set of hands to help and when I do it's only for a couple hours here and there.  It all boils down to three factors: Time, Funds & Weather.  Trying to get those three factors to line up on any set of days off are hit or miss on most weeks.  It will be worth it when it's done, the only down fall is that I may have to move into it and live in it full time with the amount of money that's being dumped into it.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #285 on: Dec 22, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Nice build! Good quality build. Hope it smells like fish soon! Thanks for taking the time to make one of the best threads ever to hit the shanty. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #286 on: Dec 22, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Nice build! Good quality build. Hope it smells like fish soon! Thanks for taking the time to make one of the best threads ever to hit the shanty. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Thank you very much,  I have been keeping an eye on the number of view for my project, wow 15,852 or so.  I should have done a bloopers thread on what not to do and show all the problems and mishaps along the way  :o ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #287 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:59 PM »
So you're done working on the shack until warm weather?? I'll miss your updates, but there's always ice fishing now!!! :icefish:

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #288 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:21 PM »
So you're done working on the shack until warm weather?? I'll miss your updates, but there's always ice fishing now!!! :icefish:

Everything is on hold till spring.  I will get the outside all trimmed up and start on the electrical and inside insulation.  I hoping to get on the ice next week.  :)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #289 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Does this meen that your hopeing to have it on the ice next week or are you just hopeing to be on the ice next week?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #290 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:34 AM »
I think he said at one time that he would be fishing out of the Otter this season. Or did I misread something??

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #291 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:19 AM »
Does this meen that your hopeing to have it on the ice next week or are you just hopeing to be on the ice next week?

No, I think it would take a lot more than 6 inches of ice for the beast.  It won't be out till next season, I don't even have the brake lights installed yet.  The plan is to dig out all the gear, gas up the sled and auger and pull out the trusty Otter.  I'm thinking maybe Devils Lake for trout or Castle Rock for crappies.  :)

Offline rjluke70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #292 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I just ordered three new Clam bait buckets.  Can't wait to try them out, seems like a neat design.  Spill proof and sealed and enclosed in a insulated cover with carry straps built in.  Hopefully no more spilled minnows in the jeep or otter sled.  May have too make a slight modification in them to get a air hose in to the top.

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #293 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:25 AM »
nice looks good

Offline Riffle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #294 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:54 PM »
I just went through this hole thread!

Man I would live in that palace year round!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #295 on: Apr 23, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Have you started working on the shack again yet?

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #296 on: Apr 23, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Have you started working on the shack again yet?

That's funny, I was just thinking about asking the same question.

WS

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #297 on: Apr 23, 2013, 09:43 PM »
what do you do for a day job build tanks? looks like its going good.
Getem caught

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #298 on: Nov 12, 2013, 10:38 PM »
"BUMP!" Any new news? Getting ready for some hard water was wondering how its going...

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #299 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:33 AM »
HEY RJ! Any news on the build?  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.