Author Topic: Ice Fly Swap  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Fly Swap
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Looks like the 2 sets that I still am missing are 101 HoosierPerching and ghosttown.  A-bomb I just checked on your return envelope and you have your real name on there not A-bomb so you are set there.  I work all weekend so Monday afternoon will be the final date.  When I get home from work on Monday afternoon I am going to take the packages to the post office and they will be headed back everyones way.  I guess I can just put 2 of everyones originals back in with their new flies when I send them back.  I'm hoping that the 2 other sets show up by Monday and we can get a full swap.

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Did u try to pm them asking if they sent them out yet?

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Yes, I PM'd both guys and got a response from one of them saying that he did not have time to tie them up, no response from the other.  I have to work tomorrow until the afternoon.  Flies will be in the mail Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to trying them out this week.  Had to work all weekend but I will be out every day this week except Thursday.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Ok, I just got back from the post office drop box.  All flies are divided up, packaged up and ready to be sent back.  I put 2 of everyones flies that you tied up back in with the others for the 2 who did not join.  Thanks to everyone who joined and participated.  This was my 1st time running a fly swap so I hope that everything goes smooth.  If anyone has any problems let me know.  Thanks again.

Offline Ericjeeper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 16, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Ok now when will the next swap take place?

Offline saltwaterchangedme

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IndianaAngler.com
« Reply #65 on: Jan 16, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Thanks Darin
I used to get excited about a 20 inch bass until I caught my first 40 inch dolphin.

Ian

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:25 AM »
still wippin some of my bugs for some of the guys, count me in on the next one now that i am tieing i will make extra. saw some buds on 3 rivers park  lake station , thats out of town for me . be back home from weekend today. glad to be back in the boonys

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:29 AM »
got camera working . will take new pics of my bugs thanks guys

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 17, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I decided not to fish tonight after work and think I will take the wife out to dinner.  I will be up extra early in the morning thought since it is my day off.  I'll be tying some flies after dinner and that may be the last of the ice flies I tie for the season.  Next time I tie a fly it will probably be for the spring steelhead run.  I will think about doing one next year maybe in late november or early december before we have ice.  The turnout wasnt as good as I thought it would be.  I think all of the flies in the swap will catch fish though.

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 2011, 03:37 PM »
fishking..where do you do most of your steelhead fishing?

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 2011, 03:40 PM »
got camera working . will take new pics of my bugs thanks guys

Checherdfly,

I would like to see some pics of the flys you tie!  Post some pics or pm them if you would.  Thanks!

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Mail did not move today because of MLK day.  They will be headed out tomorrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.