Author Topic: who/ how did you get interested/ introduced?  (Read 1776 times)

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: who/ how did you get interested/ introduced?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Great thread!  Grew up in Claremont, NH...my dad and his work friends from Sturm Ruger, back in the day, used to go to the Winnie Derby every year.  My first trip was back in 1979...I was 7.  Now I'm 38 and take my own kids now 9 and 11.  My daughter is not the die hard that my son is but that's OK.   I go every weekend unless something MAJOR gets in the way.  I remember the Winnie trips being so much fun.  I remember it was the first time I had been in a vehicle on the ice.  My dad's buddy, Donny says "roll the windows down kids"...I look at my older brother like "why do we need to roll the windows down?".....It was an older model subaru.  My brother and I spent the day playing Perch football (with the first frozen one), cooking on the grill and riding the old TNT and Rupp snowmobiles around to check the traps and chase flags!  What awesome memories of those days! Now I fish locally here in NE Mass and Southern NH and I know my son will have some stories to tell when he's older.  Thanks again for sharing this thread!

Offline oak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:48 PM »
I am self taught and still learning after ??? years. My Dad and brothers only fished open water.
"oak"

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2010, 05:52 PM »
my dad got me interested in fishing really young story goes he took me to the ohio river with one of those papoose things and put a rod in my hand and i caught a bass before i could walk lol as for ice fishing dad used to take me to the pickeral ponds around town so i could chase flags and we do the washington derby every year and ever since fishing has been my life year round

catch pike like its my job

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.