Author Topic: Mosquito?...  (Read 6220 times)

Offline theishmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mosquito?...
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:43 AM »
I have been fishing skeeter for over a week on the bouy line . fishing has been slow still took over 23 crappies and 1 walleye between 3 guys. :icefish:

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:10 AM »
 Hey Ishmaster,  whats the fish count after yesterday ??

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Fished the bouy line this afternoon-caught a nice jumbo perch and a few crappie, still a little slow. Ice was fine all the way out...couldve worn the hockey skates though:-) Trying again tomorrow afternoon, hoping to find the walleye

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Any reports on the ice conditions @ skeeter? Took a drove out to Berlin to see what was going on out there and there is open water around the edges.

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:10 PM »
 The report I got from Skeeter this afternoon:  about 5" of ice, smooth and slick. 

Offline theishmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Was off of 305 before sunrise 2 small crappies ice was 6-7'' moved up to northend walked from the bait shop ice was 6-7'' 1 small crappie. marked lots of bait fish the walleye i have caught frome the north end are full of shade from the south empty gullet.saw guys on fishing the bouy line dont know what to try next.  :icefish:

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:10 AM »
Fished the bouy line this afternoon-caught a nice jumbo perch and a few crappie, still a little slow. Ice was fine all the way out...couldve worn the hockey skates though:-) Trying again tomorrow afternoon, hoping to find the walleye
Hey Budice,you find any walleye out there yet?Looking to get up there next week.Are you still fishing the bouy line?

Offline PGW0925

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Hello,
Im looking to get into ice fishing. I got all the stuff I need...(I think...) and am looking to go out Sunday. Im looking for an experienced angler to show me the ropes if anyone is interested. Please let me know. 440-522-5992   Paul

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:51 PM »
No walleye for me yet, but I have a couple of friends who have hooked up with a few walleye recently-need to put in the time though. The bouy line is all I've been fishing, but haven't been out the last couple of days. Hope to get out this weekend, but I might be working with this snow in the forecast. I'll post if do get a chance to head out.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Caught a nice walleye this evening along with 7 crappies(4keepers) on the north end. A little slow, but the walleye made it worth it. Going to try it again tomorrow afternoon.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Looking forward to fishing with you Budice... kinda funny that we work together and didnt know it!!!

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Let's hope for no snow Monday!If it doesn't work out then, there's still plenty of icefishing left this year:-)

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Jeremy hasnt yet responded to my question if I have to work tomorrow.. I am full time salary so they make me and other salary guys work way too much.. I will text u as soon as I know.... but might be 7 am tomorrow morning knowing him

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #43 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:08 PM »
fished the cemetary sunday,12 to 7. 5 good crappie,3 perch,4 good gills,add in a few dinks and was a pretty busy afternoon.marked fish steady-no eyes though!  two biggest crappie came on a vibee,ice fly&maggots got the gills,and rest came on #2 pimple w/minnow-silver and green pimple.  wheres the eyes?

Offline Kosar19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 19, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I haven't been on Skeeter for weeks  >:(  I have plans to go out Saturday/Sunday.  Any recent updates?  BudIce, Hope the snow stays away so you can come out too!  Focus NorthEnd Bouy line

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Hey Kosar-fished off Catawba Monday...no fish, Tuesday @ mosquito...2 crappie, today at Berlin...no fish. It's been a very slow fishing week for me. It's gonna be cold this weekend but still plan on getting out. Let me know what you're thinking...good to see you on iceshanty!

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 14, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Can anyone tell me if ice is forming on the lake or did the recent winds screw everything up  ???Thanks

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 14, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I drove by Wednesday to check it out, there was ice north of causeway. I walked out a few yards from the baitshop but didn't go too far. Didn't check ice thickness-no auger or spud bar. It didn't crack or anything but like I said I didn't go far. It is very shallow too-water way down. Drove by cemetary and there was plenty of open water and it was windy that day too. Edges were iced over.  Hard to say how it progressed the last few days, I hope it locks up soon. I'd like to fish the next time I drive out there.

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:15 AM »
 I heard that south end was still open yesterday. It was to windy to lock up.  This morning here in Middlefield it is 3 degrees and calm.  I bet the southend is locked up now. 

Offline Icetester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:43 PM »
The north end had to have some ice this morning. The rain now is going to hurt but maybe after the next few cold days we can get on for a day or two... Anyone drive by or been out checking after the weekend cold?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.