New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 29167 times)

Offline WkendJigger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater fishin' RULEZ!!!!
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #120 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:02 AM »
anyone gonna venture out there tommorow?  ill be out there.  any ice report on the elms from someone out there today thanks. 
was out 12/30 ice was 5 1/2"- 12" depending on where we were gonna be super slushy anywhere there was snow...Got soaked on the way back in down between wigwam and eddie's cove gonna be wet this weekend!! but the slobs are wailing! ;D ::)

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #121 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:55 AM »
12"? I only seen 4 inches at best

Offline Jawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Dec 31, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Please be conservative with the ice reports, their are enough idiots out there all ready and more stting at home that believe everything they read. I didn't see anything near a foot thick ice. Was nearer 4 / 5 inch of real ICE, with the same amount of crystalized snow/slush on top. I did see thinner ice, Someone marked the spot with thier 4 wheeler, look for the 2 front tires sticking up thur ice off the Elms.

Offline slipbink

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It aint bragging if its true!
« Reply #123 on: Dec 31, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Yea where was there 12in. Maybe 6 at the most you sure you where on Sandy Pond ::)
Its never to cold to fish.

Offline IceRugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Dec 31, 2010, 02:13 PM »
How was the ice today? did this warm weather do much damage? Plan on heading out of wigwam tomorrow....looking forward to some fishing if ice is good. Thanks!

Offline 600RevX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #125 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Ice wasnt to bad- a little sloppy coming off, will only get worse with the temps and rain but plenty of ice- parked at the elms, drag back up was rough without any snow or ice, but had our limit by 1130 it was all good- mostly 9" and up, with more than a dozen between 11-12" - hope to be back out again, freezer is loving fresh perch filets  :thumbsup:

Why work when you can fish?<br />

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Enjoyed my time there on Thursday.I am sure 4 hour limits of really good perch is not something I should ever expect again but I will be back.lots of $  making the trip for one day but worth it. so my question, is it pretty solid throughout the winter or is this an early ice thing that dies real hard later on like a lot of smaller bodies of water?those perch gotta migrate in from lake all winter long?or should I get my ass back up there asap?
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline year-round-fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #127 on: Jan 01, 2011, 03:16 AM »
Happy new year all. The ice was 4 plus inches off the wigwam snow mobiles all over it was a bit slushy but hoping we drilled enough holes today to drain all that water on top. I got my limit by 1/4 to 1 did good heaviest limit yet this season. I had to move about 200 yards away from my cell phone spot. I didn't get into them untill 10:30.

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #128 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:39 PM »
You are waYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind now ??? good luck trying to catch up now :-* :-* :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
all i need is one day to catch up to you and i'm no oppurtunist  :whistle: ;)2 :flex:
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline timmay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Never been to the pond... Looking for a place to park and ideas on where to start?!?!!?!?! any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Offline skidplate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Careful out there boys, some pretty bouncy spots out there this morning. Think light. :)
I'm Gonna go to bed...I'm gonna change my pants and go to bed.

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #131 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Hey Skidplate.  How was the fishing?  We went to moon lake foe pike instead of the pond.  I looking to get back this weekend.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Jan 02, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Brew and I went out and limited in three hours with a ton of slobs. Be very careful out there ice in spots is only a few inches with three and four being the average. If I was by myself I would have turned back. 
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Boggey I was walking about thirty feet from him at all times. I was afraid he was going to use me as a floatation device.

Offline brewsta3224

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Floataion device? No...try anchor. There could always benefit from structure in such a flat bottom pond. @ Boggey... no offense taken. I wouldnt walk next to me on 3" of ice either. This is not ice to be just bombing around on without paying attention and really watching where your walking or stepping into. I've been walking hardwater for over 30 years, today the ice spooked me. Be smart, be safe, don't fish alone... i'm gonna give it a couple days to stiffen back up...
Fishing and Catching, sometimes, are two completely different sports!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Just to rub it in brew had such a slow day that I decided to let him catch up by taking two hours off. At one point I decided that I should change my name to the cuseslayer. In all seriousness be careful on the ice. Brew weakened it yesterday when he carried all my slobs in.

Offline brewsta3224

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #136 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Yeah, he was getting cocky and the Ice God slowed him down a bit...He didnt take a break as much as he went on a Dinkfest, and I may not have did as well as Cuse, but I kept 39 perch in 3.5 hrs fishing with 17 being over 10" and 3 of those over 12"...nothing under 9". The ice was spooky with no snow on it you could see where it had originally froze, broke up and refroze(prior to being good ice at all. I think I like a little snow on it)... realistically best ice I saw didn't exceed 3.5" and there were many open holes.
Fishing and Catching, sometimes, are two completely different sports!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I heard you say "holy crap cuse is a golden god and no slobs are safe". On the lighter side brew just saved 10% on his car insurance.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Wait I'm pretty sure that I am king of the pond. Brew and I are in and so is my buddy matt. I think we need add one more title. The dink of the pond. We need to be fair so boggey, ht, and brew can fight over a title. Can't wait for Saturday so I can finally make my slayer title official. Eye of the tiger boys! 

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #139 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Funny stuff!  Its always fun when u get a chance to bust your buddys stones! Thanks for the laughs!

Offline year-round-fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #140 on: Jan 06, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Haha "king of the pond" I'm in along with a few others. Who's feeling lucky?

Offline slobhoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:53 PM »
hows the ice and snow conditions on the pond

Offline 600RevX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:51 PM »
Anyone heading out tomorrow? going to hit the elms and the honey hole again, just wondering if anyone has any updated ice and snow conditions- would like to bring the little ski-doo, we'll see what happens- either way I'll be out there, blue fish trap and if ice permits yellow ski-doo- feel free to stop and chat if anyones around..

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #143 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Anyone have ice conditions for the pond? Wondering if I can bring my ATV out there in the morning.
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Humminbird ICE55 & ICE HELIX 7
Thorne Bros Custom Ice Rods - Quiverstick, Power Noodle, Perch Sweetheart, Med Walleye Sweetheart, MH Walleye Sweetheart, and Deadstick
Daiwa Laguna Reels
Strikemaster 10" Lazer Pro & 6" Lazer
Ice Fishing Innovations Rod Locker

Offline big rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #144 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:41 PM »
Anyone fish today?  Just wondering if it is safe to run the wheeler on it this weekend?

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #145 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:33 PM »
RICK FULL THROTTLE BABY, JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM 2 QUAD WHEELS STICKING OUT OF THE ICE
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline 600RevX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Fished from 930-1, nice limit of 9" and up perch- water seemed a bit cloudy today, but the bite was on! switched from a minnow head to perch eye on a small glo frosty and bingo...

Couldnt fit anymore on the board.... ;D

Overall ice was in good shape, had 5-6" of good black where I was, snow was starting to build a little, probably 4-6" in some spots with some drifting-
A special thanks to KissaFish- Helped me out big time when not only could I not get traction with the sled but when I did I would drop to one cylinder- It was slooooooow and painful process to try and get moving, he zipped over seeing me struggling and offered to tow my shanty back in for me while I limped my sled in-  :clap:
Just goes to show the high class of folks that are out there fishing around us!  THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #147 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Fished from 930-1, nice limit of 9" and up perch- water seemed a bit cloudy today, but the bite was on! switched from a minnow head to perch eye on a small glo frosty and bingo...
(Image removed from quote.)

Overall ice was in good shape, had 5-6" of good black where I was, snow was starting to build a little, probably 4-6" in some spots with some drifting-
A special thanks to KissaFish- Helped me out big time when not only could I not get traction with the sled but when I did I would drop to one cylinder- It was slooooooow and painful process to try and get moving, he zipped over seeing me struggling and offered to tow my shanty back in for me while I limped my sled in-  :clap:
Just goes to show the high class of folks that are out there fishing around us!  THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Nice catch of fish RevX!  Glad to hear ya had help gettin in!  There are good people in this world!  Tip of the hat to KissaFish!
Wayne W.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #148 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:08 PM »

YES there are a few good guys left @)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline pfdjbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:25 PM »
600Revx has it right the water was a bit cloudy today, with about 4-6" of ice out of Eddy's Cove jumped up and down a little and the ice is still flexing pretty good, Similiar size and quantity fiah as Revx and followed the same baiting strategy. All and all a good day.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.