New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: "Olf Farts" With Augers  (Read 20812 times)

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "Olf Farts" With Augers
« Reply #360 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Must have been a bad day at the office FM.

When Gramps gets to talkin' about his grandchildren....or fishing.....just set back and listen. If nothing else, you'll learn how to spin a yarn ;D

HT, the ice is just great around here. By the weekend I'll be able to go anywhere I like. I'm not happy about tomorrow's snow prediction though. Tell that old goat....I mean, ghost....I'm intent on doing the "shuffle" while I'm on vacation next week.

Jboggey....I'm so jealous! My little guy lives in Vegas and I only get to see him a few times a year. My daughter is talking about moving back here if she can find a teaching job. I can only hope....it's very hard watching time we could have spent together slip by. But, reading your post made me smile and only Grandpas get to smile that kind of smile

I have a nice picture of my grandson on my fly bench, He watches over me as I tie ;D

RG

I think ya hit the nail on the head RG....Hope I didn't come off too sour Gent's. I know how my childrens grandparents are....that's for sure. I've bred angels...just ask them! ;)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #361 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:10 AM »
No worry's bud! As a potential "Old Fart" you're allowed. ;D

This 'Old Fart" has the day off and will, happily, be at the fly bench. Today is "Scud" day.

I have a couple of good movies to watch and some perch to pickle. (The last batch is awesome!)

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline oldman50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #362 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Hey RG I'm still on woolly buggers. Tying 6doz. for a local shop. I'de love to be tying scuds.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #363 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Scuds had to wait. I got a call at around 7am to come in at 10. Oh well!

I didn't care really. I'm on vacation all next week.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #364 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Those perch are in trouble next week RG!!!

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #365 on: Feb 02, 2011, 11:26 PM »
FM, if we can't pick on one another , what fun would this post be?  I hope i live long enough to razz you when you make your first grand pa entry. You know i will be relentless.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scary for me, but my daughter turned 16 this past Dec.. ??? Thank god she has kept her focus on school and her future career, instead of what her peers are doing. I could easily be in trouble with her also.... tall, skinny, blue eyed and brunette. ??? On top of that, very popular in her peer group. Mom and dad have been very open to her regarding how young we were when she was conceived, and how many sacrifices we made to make things happen. I think that helped alot to keep her "scared" straight. Then there is the little fact that most of her teachers and principals, all through school are customers of mine! ;)2 And they have been riding her from day one. She always complained to mom and I about unfair treatment from superiors at school, till she finally figured it out last year in 9th grade. I got busted, and she was so mad at me for keeping my secrets. ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #366 on: Feb 03, 2011, 02:57 AM »
I fully intend to reduce the perch populations in the Finger Lakes by some insignificant amount ;D

It's setting up nicely so far. New moon week, cold nights and reasonable days. Nothing like a little R&R.

Keep up the good work FM. Kids are only as good as their parents teach them to be.

KP, I'm gonna fins that old buzzard next week. I need to learn that Big Bay Shuffle. I hear he's a good dancer ;D

RG

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #367 on: Feb 03, 2011, 03:44 AM »
I fully intend to reduce the perch populations in the Finger Lakes by some insignificant amount ;D

It's setting up nicely so far. New moon week, cold nights and reasonable days. Nothing like a little R&R.

Keep up the good work FM. Kids are only as good as their parents teach them to be.

KP, I'm gonna fins that old buzzard next week. I need to learn that Big Bay Shuffle. I hear he's a good dancer ;D

RG
The last time Trapper did the "shuffle" was after he ate too many Chalupa's at Taco Bell  ;D ;D
  I'm at half speed and I don't think he can even keep up with me anymore ! :whistle: :whistle:
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #368 on: Feb 03, 2011, 06:00 AM »
 FM they grow up so fast seems like yesterday i was taking them sliding now i have a 1 yr. grand boy

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #369 on: Feb 03, 2011, 06:59 AM »
Just keep showing you love FM. My youngest is 19, we tell each other "love you" every morning he goes to work and evening he goes to bed. My daughter(24) stops in to say "love you" everyday.
They figure it out after a while, it wasn't the things you gave them or the things you let them do that said it. It was the tough times saying "no", or your rules, or just your actions towards others regarding them. You'll do fine, sounds like you and the wife are a good team of parents.
That helps a LOT!!
Your right f&R, it seems like the last 24 years of my life were but a heartbeat.  :o

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #370 on: Feb 04, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Man those kids shuffle us to the back page quick :-\

I made it....I'm officially on an ice fishing vacation ;D

I'm starting with an Abbot and Costello movie and a few cold beverages.......I'll fish tomorrow ;D

RG

Offline oldman50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #371 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Sounds like a great way to start off a vacation. Which movie are you watching? And by the way rg," who's on first?"

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #372 on: Feb 05, 2011, 01:12 AM »

I'm going to Honeoye today for the Kids Fishing Clinic with some other IS members. I love watching kids ice fish. I'll take lots of pictures. Might even find some of those Honeoye gills myself ;D

The next few days are for "The Old Man". I'll be fishing with my good friend and perch mentor. We've been fishing together for near 20 years now. Maybe I can get him to try my Vex this time. He's old school all the way.

Fish well my friends!
RG

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #373 on: Feb 05, 2011, 03:06 AM »
I'm going to Honeoye today for the Kids Fishing Clinic with some other IS members. I love watching kids ice fish. I'll take lots of pictures. Might even find some of those Honeoye gills myself ;D

The next few days are for "The Old Man". I'll be fishing with my good friend and perch mentor. We've been fishing together for near 20 years now. Maybe I can get him to try my Vex this time. He's old school all the way.

Fish well my friends!
RG

good luck with the kids today RG. ;) ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #374 on: Feb 05, 2011, 03:31 AM »
We like pictures RG. Even if I have to lower 'em to see the puter screen... :o

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #375 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Lots of fun watching the kids this morning. I wish the fish had cooperated. I'll let the event organizers post first. I really had nothing to do with the event and they had tons of help. Eydoc and I tried to find some fish for them, but to no avail. I kept hoping he'd snag a bass....my camera was at the ready ;D

RG

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #376 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:56 PM »
You guys humble me with all the nice comments...thanks.

Sounds like a fun day had with the kids RG, they need great mentors like you all on here.

Taking Trevor to Big Bay tomorrow to meet up with a couple buddies and there children to do the same. Gamma says he plans on fishing the bay tomorrow also, it would be nice to finally wet a line with him, seeing we've known each other, and spent numerous hours together for over a year now.

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #377 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Glad you had a good day RG. We had fun today as well. Get together with a bunch of guys from MHF. Was a special time.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #378 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Fished I-Bay this morning. Not a lot of catching....but good fishing. I didn't take any minnows. Just jigged with the vex. Lots of lookers, not many biters.

Great workout though :-\

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.