Author Topic: muck boots  (Read 8091 times)

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: muck boots
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2010, 11:30 PM »
I screwed small hex head sheet metal screws into the lugs of my mucks about 3/8" long, works great, lost one screw all last ice season out of 30 / 15 per boot. decided to use that pair just for the ice and buy another for hunting so the screws just say in all the time.

Great idea, I think I might utilize it.....shoot except for the fact that I like to wear my mucks all day long at the shop on snowy days. Maybe I'll keep the wetlands for regular use, and get a pair of the Arctic's for fishing. I haven't tested the wetlands on real cold days on the ice yet, as I just got them in October, but I'm willing to bet that they would even be warm enough on the coldest days wit a good pair of moisture wicking socks. Mine have got a heck of a workout so far, sine I got them. Once again people.... I am a believer in these footwear. Comfort is top notch, Which is unheard of with a "slip-on" boot. :thumbsup:

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:18 PM »
After wearing workboots (redwing gortex) for years on the ice finally got a pair on Arctic sports,there great! I was wondering  if people but screws in mucks. I want to ,i just dont want to go 2 far and puncture a sole. Has that happened to anyone before?

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 25, 2010, 07:46 PM »
2 years ago I bought Woody Max for hunting in VT and started to use them for ice fishing too. Very warm and much more durable than the Alpha Burleys. I have 5 pair of LaCrosse in different weights and won't ever buy another pair. Muck has them beat in every way except price. I just bought my wife some Lady Woody Max and she loves them.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Just ordered the Arctic Sport Extreme boots, hope the sizing runs true.  I wear a size 11 normally so I ordered a 12 ???  Am i going to need heavy socks to keep my feet warm or just a pair of regular socks?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:41 PM »
I like my ice boots loose fit. I wear poly pro liners as socks.  You should be good.  Walking around about every hour is always a great idea.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline smulax

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:52 AM »
I have the woody max. I love them, I even bought my wife a pair, I use them all year for hunting and fishing.  they are a little cold when ice fishing sometimes, because my feet sweat on the walk out.  with the right combo of socks and those little hand/foot warmers.  Mickeys are heavy but if your not mobile they are warmer. 
"All men are equal before fish" - Herbert Hoover

Offline dml78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:43 AM »
Just got the arctic pros. Haven't used them on the ice yet but just walking around in them they seem very warm and comfortable.

Offline ridgerunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:00 AM »
So how are the arctic pro extremes. Has anyone gotten a pair yet and tried them out on the ice. I am thinking about ordering a pair this week. Any info will be helpful.

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:25 AM »
I tired on both the muck and Bogs. I thought the Bogs were a bit better.  I've had them since Christmas and like them alot. I think you will be very happy with either one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.