Author Topic: My season's started  (Read 6236 times)

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: My season's started
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Must of felt good bringing up those babies.  Nice job!!!!!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 11, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Up north as we speak with Finless (Bob) got into some decent Brookies....18" females and 16-17" fat males...will post pics later when I get home....Great first trip  ;D Hopefully you guys/ladies are also having a good day ;)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2010, 03:08 PM »
I just got in. Fished with Jiggin, Capt Black n Lakrtakr for a bit. After they left I had the whole lake to myself for a couple of hours and STILL caught nothing lol. What a great day tho. No wind, decent temps and got to see some pals!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Laker Taker met me there Saturday morning (now his season has started). We were able to get 4 tip ups out (2 a piece), fished with redfins. The lower side of the lake was open on Friday but on Saturday, it had snow slush on it. It snowed on and off all morning. Cooked some eggs and bacon while watching the tip ups from shore. Still didnt bring the rainbows in. Maybe thicker bacon next time....
Took pics but nothing good to see.

Left the lake around 10:00 am searching for another spot to get on to. Located a nice spot with sandy / gravel bottom. Will hit it this coming weekend if it stays cold. I think we might be in for some rain this week though.

JIGGIN.

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 11, 2010, 03:50 PM »
nice job would have liked to see pic of 19 inch laker had a scout at lake big brookies no word yet

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Hey Beerhog! Welcome to IS!

Offline Icewarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2010, 03:57 PM »
unbelievable color on those!!! how deep were you fishing ???

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #37 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:26 AM »
Fish were few but the company was great. The great scrambled egg cook-off was a tie. I don't want JIGGIN or Laker Taker mad at me. Good to see you guys and Guinea.

Capt. Black

Offline DaJu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Nice fish Jiggin !!!   :thumbsup:  Will have to take a ride up north soon myself, as there's no fish here  ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2010, 05:17 PM »
12/17/10

Great day! None to very slight breeze but very cold in the morning. Metal was pretty tacky. Warmed up to just above 25f but when the sun came out it felt alot warmer. Had a nice snow squall today as well. Hoping for a white out but didn't happen. Nice just the same with no wind.
Ended the day with 6 brookies (no browns or rainbows) and Laker Taker with 5. Bunch of flags. All on redfins at various depths.
Eggs and Bacon for breakfast, Kansas city rub ribeye for lunch. (no pics).

JIGGIN.

Laker Taker with a Brookie

And another

One of mine I released

Laker Taker

Fat brookie

Another one of mine, released

Brookie

Video

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2010, 05:22 PM »
Nice job JIGGIN and Laker Taker. Heard the stalker was honking at you.

Capt. Black

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Sweet!  Hopefully I'll have a couple to post tomorrow!
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #42 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Nice job guys!!

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Very nice brookies guys, well done !  :tipup:

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 17, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Nice Job Jiggin/LT

Gotta love those early season Brookies ;) Glad you guys had a good day out there.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:18 PM »
12/18/10

More brookies today. All on red fins. No browns for us. Keep trying though.Weather was awesome again. No breeze, cold in the morning and warm when the sun was out. Fished the afternoon by myself as Laker Taker had some x-mas shopping to do. Waiting till the last minute as ice fishing takes priority.

Saw Roger (Human Gaff) and Brandon. They did very well with the browns today 3 and a small rainbow. Good to see Human Gaff again. Had good laughs about the years past events. Some pretty funny memories. He's a good guy for sure, trust worthy and someone I feel comfortable sharing inside info with. One of those guys I see once a year or so and look forward to it each year. Nice job out there today guys!
Guinea made it up today too but not as far as Laker Taker and I went out. Maybe tomorrow. I got a sled in the back of my truck for you to use tomorrow Guinea.

Browns caught by Human Gaff and Brandon.

Brandon's Browns.

Roger's brown.

Big mouth brookie

All tangled up brookie

Laker Taker's small brookie. You look cold?

Beautiful color on the fins....brookie

Video...brookie attacking. I need to get better with taking video and catching my own fish.

This male was all played out.

JIGGIN.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Once Again, Great Job Jiggin & Co.  ;)

Never get tired of seeing great trout pics ;D 

Sending you a PM Jiggin.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #47 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:33 PM »
once again great job guys.

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 18, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Nice fish, nice pics

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 18, 2010, 07:54 PM »
No, didn't make it to your spot. Busy losing my Kastmaster/ leader and getting knot tying lessons lol. Was nice to see Gaff again too. And Jiggin? Have I told you I love you? You've been such a good friend and all should know u deserve every fish u catch!

Offline NHIceFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Nice fish, im hoping to get some for myself tomorrow.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:11 AM »
Well done guys. Can't wait to get back out there over Christmas break.

Capt. Black

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 19, 2010, 11:46 AM »
great job guys!  you're starting off the season w/ a bang.  keep it up!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2010, 04:44 PM »
12/19/10

The lake had a ton of pressure today as compared to the past 2 days. Instead of going back to where we have been fishing, I decided to try another spot. Laker Taker, Tippin2, Guinea and eventually Frog and Dave came out. Hope you guys had fun. Congrats on your first days out (start of your season!).
Met Roger's dad, Roger (they like to keep it simple) and a pleasure to meet him. You wanna talk about hard core winter outdoors-men, it's him. Very impressive person. Interesting to talk to as well.
Met Winnisquam guy. Pleasure to meet you too. Another good guy that I see fishing with this season. Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope to use some of your ideas this season. I think they ended up with a couple of trout.
Tried out my new Clam harness for pulling my sled out. I like it alot. Pulls from the hip with shoulder straps, hip straps and a sternum strap. Pretty comfortable thus far. I would recommend one (so far the only clam product I like, no offense to you clam lovers).

Cold in the morning and slight breeze / cloudy day kept the temps cool. Very slow day on the ice for me. Lost one and caught my first brown this year....16" and released. I was starting to think I wouldn't get a brown and only brookies. Will keep trying for a bigger one. Done playing with the brookies, looking for a big browns now.

I'm beat, long but very productive 3 days. Time to go back to work so I can get some rest.

First brown of the season, male. About time.

JIGGIN.

surflizard

« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:08 PM »
We finally managed to get out there JIGGIN. We really enjoyed the sights and sounds of the lake and it was a beautiful day ! BRRR, Good and Cold ! :thumbsup: Speakin of sights, I sure wished I was lookin thru the Savage 99 sights when Wiley showed up !  >:D Nice Brown JIGGIN ,Way to go buddy !  :thumbsup:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:56 AM »
Surf, you seems to be looking at your catch lovingly!  ;)
p.s. nice new suit!

It was great to be out two weekends in a row....but guess how many fish I caught?
That's right, none. If you see me on a lake, you probably want to be fishing somewhere else.  ;)

surflizard

« Reply #56 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:12 AM »
I was just thinking about how good life really can be Guinea, I lost Everything I had after the bike wreck, I don't take anything for granted anymore ! I'll admit it, the first one thru the ice is always Special, but everything that came with it, being out there with LLT, The Gorgeous Scenery, the Ravens Squawking and the Coyote that made an Appearance is truly what makes it worth it to me ! Your turn Will come Guinea, I fished the ice hard for 6 years before I caught my first keeper Laker, Persistance will pay off in the long run !

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #57 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Pretty cool Surf. Enjoying the good simple things in life. I like your description of the things that made it worth it to you. Basically being able to enjoy and share in the moments. I feel the same way too. Catching a fish is just a bonus. Laker Taker on the other hand is all about catching fish, period.

By the Laker Taker, did you get your x-mas present jacket back into the house and re-wrapped? He got sick of fishing 2 days in the cold in his old jacket knowing that there was a nice new warm jacket waiting for him under the tree for x-mas morning. So Sunday morning, he got up early and snuck it out of the house, un-wrapped it and wore it on the lake, being very careful not to get it dirty and tags not missing. His plan was to sneak it back into the house, re-wrap it and get it under the tree before anyone noticed it was missing. Too funny. (hope Lovey isn't reading this). If so, my bad.

The guy is good entertainment. I hope you were successful in your mission.

JIGGIN.

Offline trmotorsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Guinea,
Dont feel bad I got skunked on friday, then got home and saw jiggin's pics of the fish he caught....LOL.
I am learning though, hopefully soon I will have some pics of those trout on the ice.....
Tyler

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #59 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:07 PM »

The guy is good entertainment. I hope you were successful in your mission.

JIGGIN.

he sure is...... and very insightfull.......taug ht me to never go to work with dried lips.......(inside joke)
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.