Author Topic: Indian Hill traps are at both stores  (Read 7031 times)

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Indian Hill traps are at both stores
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2010, 04:04 PM »
What time do you close? I was going to drop  by on the way home tonight but won't be there until around 5:30...wanted to make sure you are open...

From the Ice Hole Webiste:
Our New Store Hours are, WED, THURS, FRI, SAT from 8AM – 6PM, and Sundays 8AM to 1PM

Offline MikeF-NH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:48 PM »
From the Ice Hole Webiste:
Our New Store Hours are, WED, THURS, FRI, SAT from 8AM – 6PM, and Sundays 8AM to 1PM

Thanks Scott...I actually found that and/so left work early today to bring Rick some business. I got in the area (Rt 101A in the Amherst/Nashua stretch) but couldn't find Continental Blvd or the Harley Dealership so I called information, got his number and called and nobody picked up. (note to self: if you want to have fun with the 411 people...call them and ask for the Ice Hole...lol). Anyhow, I was a little disappointed that hours are posted and a post was made here that they are now open so I left work early to bring business and find them not open.

I had visited the Brookline Store a few times (I have a friend in the area so we dropped in together), I met the guys at the store there and deemed them to be a great local owner who deserves local business. They had great selection and prices and were very friendly and knowledgeable. Having these things in their favor I will give the Merrimac store another try but reliability is BIG for me so I'm hoping this won't happen again or they update their website with their ACTUAL hours. I had money to spend not time to burn.

Back to getting to the store location, I THOUGHT continental blvd was where the Hampton Inn is but didn't see any sign for Continental and did not see a Harley Dealership from 101a. Granted it was 5PM, dark and VERY heavy traffic made it difficult to look and drive at the same time. I also thought Merrimac was on the west side of the Turnpike but I'm guessing part of it sneak over and around the north side of 101A (always thought 101A went right from Nashua right into Amherst with no Merrimac in the middle.

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Hey Rick from Canada, its was a pleasure to talk with you as well.  Looking forward to sending along 2 of your new Noreasters.

The Ice Hole Merrimack is having a "meet and greet" with Indian Hill traps owner Mike Devillers on December 18 from 10-2.  Mark your calenders.  I'm sure we'll be doing some specials and I know we are starting a Raffle. Mike is donating a set of his "H" traps (5 traps) and a Noreaster and we'll donated a jig pole and other goodies. The raffle will start next week at both stores, and drawing will be that saturday the 18th.  All proceeds from the raffle will be going to a local charity. I'm thinking "Toys for Tots".  waiting for there call back.  tickets will be $5.00 each. or 5 tickets for $20.00.  So come on in, and meet Mike on the 18th and help out a local charity during the holidays.  More info to come.  Been a good 2 day start at both stores.

Rick
The Ice Hole

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Rick,

Are you going to be carrying the Nor'Easters when Mike is ready (soon) to make them available?  I grew up in Merrimack, so maybe the 18th would be a good time for a 'homecoming', if there isn't any ice of course  ;)

~Jeff

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Hey Rick from Canada, its was a pleasure to talk with you as well.  Looking forward to sending along 2 of your new Noreasters.

The Ice Hole Merrimack is having a "meet and greet" with Indian Hill traps owner Mike Devillers on December 18 from 10-2.  Mark your calenders.  I'm sure we'll be doing some specials and I know we are starting a Raffle. Mike is donating a set of his "H" traps (5 traps) and a Noreaster and we'll donated a jig pole and other goodies. The raffle will start next week at both stores, and drawing will be that saturday the 18th.  All proceeds from the raffle will be going to a local charity. I'm thinking "Toys for Tots".  waiting for there call back.  tickets will be $5.00 each. or 5 tickets for $20.00.  So come on in, and meet Mike on the 18th and help out a local charity during the holidays.  More info to come.  Been a good 2 day start at both stores.

Rick
The Ice Hole
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2010, 04:24 AM »
Yes, I will be carrying them. I've got 40 ordered. some are already spoken for. So if you want some get your name on the list.  I think the 18th of December would be a wonderful day for a homecoming.  See you then.

Rick
The Ice Hole

Offline Need to fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Thanks Scott...I actually found that and/so left work early today to bring Rick some business. I got in the area (Rt 101A in the Amherst/Nashua stretch) but couldn't find Continental Blvd or the Harley Dealership so I called information, got his number and called and nobody picked up. (note to self: if you want to have fun with the 411 people...call them and ask for the Ice Hole...lol). Anyhow, I was a little disappointed that hours are posted and a post was made here that they are now open so I left work early to bring business and find them not open.

I had visited the Brookline Store a few times (I have a friend in the area so we dropped in together), I met the guys at the store there and deemed them to be a great local owner who deserves local business. They had great selection and prices and were very friendly and knowledgeable. Having these things in their favor I will give the Merrimac store another try but reliability is BIG for me so I'm hoping this won't happen again or they update their website with their ACTUAL hours. I had money to spend not time to burn.

Back to getting to the store location, I THOUGHT continental blvd was where the Hampton Inn is but didn't see any sign for Continental and did not see a Harley Dealership from 101a. Granted it was 5PM, dark and VERY heavy traffic made it difficult to look and drive at the same time. I also thought Merrimac was on the west side of the Turnpike but I'm guessing part of it sneak over and around the north side of 101A (always thought 101A went right from Nashua right into Amherst with no Merrimac in the middle.

Hi Mike,

I gather you took exit 8 off the turnpike. It's the right way, but you have a bit of travel to get there. I just went there tonight.

From exit 8, follow that road to the end, then take a right onto 101A going toward Amherst. Stay on that road for a few miles.

When you see Texas Road or Chili's or Westside Shopping Plaza, you're almost there.

Up on the right you will see the Harley Davison sign and beyond, the Home Depot. Tha road on the right is Continental Blvd. Don't turn up that road. It's divided and you can't turn left into the Ice Hole.

Stay on 1010A and go past the Harley shop and take the next right. It's easy to miss and if you do, just take the next one after that as if you're going to Home Depot. Going up the hill, take your first right. This leads you into the Harley parking lot. Go past the building and go around the corner. That building that you see just ahead is the shop.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2010, 05:33 AM »
I have these traps and will never buy another kind. I hope you sell out on them...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Egg7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I have these traps and will never buy another kind. I hope you sell out on them...

Agreed. But don't sell out of them before I get a chance to stop by! ;)

Katahdin '10

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #39 on: Sep 28, 2011, 03:45 PM »
That thing is pretty cool!

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Sep 28, 2011, 04:40 PM »
I sure hope the Indian hill traps have better springs on the flags than last year. tried to get new springs from Mike , but nothing happened
John

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Whats wrong with your Springs?? Mine are great!

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Oct 02, 2011, 05:34 AM »
they are bent very little memory . sent pictures to Mike  he said he never seen these before , but no resolve
John

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Did they get crushed on something? I have had mine for 2 years and they are as straight as the day I got them, sorry you are having that issue.

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 04, 2011, 03:26 AM »
I believe just a bad batch of springs. I have other brands of traps with the top springs no problems

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Oct 11, 2011, 02:37 PM »
I really thinking about selling them i try to bye parts you cant even dothat

Offline MikeF-NH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:13 PM »
the noreasters are much better than the arctic warriors (I own both). The only problem I had was when wind would blow my light line into the flag spring. Hard to prevent that one without totally encasing the entire trap. My resolution was to only fish the NE on calm days or places out of the wind.

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 14, 2011, 12:40 AM »
gonna send a order of 8 30" ice traps in tomarrow cant wait to try them
aka halfrack23 willoughby lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.