Author Topic: ARCTIC ARMOR SUIT  (Read 8267 times)

Offline rcjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ARCTIC ARMOR SUIT
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2010, 06:30 PM »
I hope you're a big dude, I'm 5'11 and 280 and a 2XL fits me pretty loose

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I hope you're a big dude, I'm 5'11 and 280 and a 2XL fits me pretty loose

Yea Im just over 6'8" @ about 285-290. Mainly need legnth... I know it will be a little baggy but thats better than it being a short sleeve lol!

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2010, 09:04 PM »
I'm planning on getting a set before first Ice.  I've been to Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Lunkers, and Cabella's the only place I've seen them is online.  I'd like to try em on before I purchase a set................... Where do I go?  Wisconsin?

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Oh do tell from where!

Steuben1

Got mine Jeff  wore them the other morning deer hunting ( put my camo net suit over them ) it was 25 degress out side wore jeans and long sleeve t and was almost to warm. This is  gonna be great !!!!!!

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Got mine Jeff  wore them the other morning deer hunting ( put my camo net suit over them ) it was 25 degress out side wore jeans and long sleeve t and was almost to warm. This is  gonna be great !!!!!!

I was afraid you were going to say that!  :)  Time to my list to Santa!

Steuben1

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Havent worn one, but know plenty of guys who love them......

This one is a gimme... everyone should have one... Especially if you are married... Convince the wife about the "safety factor" and have her get you one for Christmas...

Now we just need a flasher that you can throw as a life buoy, a power auger that can prevent frostbite and snowmobiles that will take you home if you are lost in a storm!... I think these Arctic Armor guys are brilliant! High quality gear that the wife (if explained properly) will INSIST that you have!  We are on to something!  ;D

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Yea Im just over 6'8" @ about 285-290. Mainly need legnth... I know it will be a little baggy but thats better than it being a short sleeve lol!

Im 6'5 265 and the 3x fits me great. I got the camo version and love it. I wear it hunting,musky fishing in the fall and all ice fishing season. You wont need to layer too much these things are warm.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:24 PM »

Im 6'5 265 and the 3x fits me great. I got the camo version and love it. I wear it hunting,musky fishing in the fall and all ice fishing season. You wont need to layer too much these things are warm.

Thx for the info! I can't wait to try it on  8)

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:32 PM »
Now we just need a flasher that you can throw as a life buoy, a power auger that can prevent frostbite and snowmobiles that will take you home if you are lost in a storm!... I think these Arctic Armor guys are brilliant! High quality gear that the wife (if explained properly) will INSIST that you have!  We are on to something!  ;D

Indeed! I know my wife will feel better knowing Im wearing something that will keep my big butt afloat...She will probably insist on paying me for the jacket and call it my x-mas present...atleast I hope lol

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Yea Im just over 6'8" @ about 285-290.

I need to go fishing with you at first ice so that you can be my thin ice tester.  I'll be 10 steps behind you.   ;)
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:35 PM »
I've worn my deer hunting too...very toasty I say!!!

:icefish:

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Thats not the first time I have herd that lol! 280 seems to be avg. weight for ice fisherman hehe. I see guys 300+ on the ice alot...
I need to go fishing with you at first ice so that you can be my thin ice tester.  I'll be 10 steps behind you.   ;)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #42 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I got my black artic armour bib yesterday, nice fit,, like the padded knees i'm about 195lbs 5' 8 and this large is more on the big side.. i probably could of went medium ??? but i'm keeping this one.
lonelywolf lol

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Got my Arctic Armor suit from Mainedog and wore it deer hunting the other morning (it was 26 degrees when i left house) had a pair of jeans ang sweat sirt underneath and camo net on outside and I was perfect setting for 3 hrs in stand. This suit i think is going to be great for ice fishing .

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Glad to see you are getting use out of it already!
You going to put that ice shanty patch on it?

MD

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Artic suits are defintely nice if you can afford it... And the padded knees make it easier on the body, not to mention, they stay relatively dry when hole hoppin.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
« Reply #46 on: Nov 20, 2010, 08:26 PM »
My previous post was harmless and on topic anyway, i was trying to post  a reply to hightide,.. I can't compromise safety for the same price i'd pay burning up a couple full tanks of gas. This was first on my list of gear for thiscoming  season.  tight lines ;)
lonelywolf lol

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Nov 20, 2010, 09:20 PM »
Glad to see you are getting use out of it already!
You going to put that ice shanty patch on it?

MD

You know it !!!!!!

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:08 AM »
My previous post was harmless and on topic anyway, i was trying to post  a reply to hightide,.. I can't compromise safety for the same price i'd pay burning up a couple full tanks of gas. This was first on my list of gear for thiscoming  season.  tight lines ;)

What does safety have to do with my post, and if you have any questions, please feel free to IM.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Nov 23, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Just got my arctic armor jacket today! I cant believe how warm it is for the weight... it feels like a light weight spring jacket. needless to say Im sending the cabelas bibs back and buying arctic armor bibs lol!!

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #50 on: Nov 24, 2010, 06:38 AM »
do me a favor high tide and buy the ice armour instead of the artic armour

With the PSI of HOT AIR in High Tide...I aint skeered for him, he will FLOAT!!!!!  ;D

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2010, 10:08 AM »
With the PSI of HOT AIR in High Tide...I aint skeered for him, he will FLOAT!!!!!  ;D

Lmao

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #52 on: Nov 24, 2010, 10:51 AM »

:clap:

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Nov 24, 2010, 12:02 PM »

Dang... that hurts...LOL.  All these years I could have blamed the hot air on safety purposes! And to think I just bought some ice armour because mtbusch said so, I guess I can return the ice armor now and save some money to get a few more trips in!  One of these days, maybe I'll figure out this ice-fishing thing!

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:00 PM »

Doesnt work that way for me. I send the little guys out first. That way if they go through its easier to pull them out with rope. You know hard it would be to pull 265 pounds out of a hole vers 190?

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:49 PM »
^ good point lol

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #56 on: Nov 24, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Dang... that hurts...LOL.  All these years I could have blamed the hot air on safety purposes! And to think I just bought some ice armour because mtbusch said so, I guess I can return the ice armor now and save some money to get a few more trips in!  One of these days, maybe I'll figure out this ice-fishing thing!

Tis aight grasshopper,,The lessons aint over yet... lol

Offline Shawgill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I'm planning on getting a set before first Ice.  I've been to Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Lunkers, and Cabella's the only place I've seen them is online.  I'd like to try em on before I purchase a set................... Where do I go?  Wisconsin?
Dutchman Hunting Supply 260-768-3283. They have the green and black, and the camo,somewhat limited supply, but you can check them out. They are in Shipse on HW/29. You can also find them online @idigear.com.Ordered mine from Minn. today. 339.00, free shipping,free pair arctic armor gloves, can't wait.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Definately worth the cash in my eyes so far....Just got mine Camo gear from Redrockstore.com and was at the door in 3 days. Been wearing mine out on Lake Michigan open water fishing and the wind doesn't get through to give ya the chills...

Poorboy

Offline limitingout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2010, 05:16 AM »
got mine yesterday came ups and it came with a free pair of gloves

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.