Author Topic: fishing in stueben co  (Read 5904 times)

Offline crappie grabber

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: fishing in stueben co
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Let me know, I'am off work the next 2 days, I don't have a vex but I do have a marcum.   

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Let me know, I'am off work the next 2 days, I don't have a vex but I do have a marcum.   

samething lol vex marc hummin and low they all mark fish i jus want one lol

Offline crappie grabber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:47 PM »
I agree, talking fish finders is like talking ford, chevy, or dodge. LOL

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:55 PM »

lol

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:21 PM »

If thats the case then vexilar is the cadillac. ;D

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:59 AM »
i had a decent couple hours on the pit

i caught enough for lunch n left always fun catchin cats on small jigs and 2lb test

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:00 AM »
i had a decent couple hours on the pit
i caught enough for lunch n left always fun catchin cats on small jigs and 2lb test

my strong point isnt with a camera lol

Offline the swedish zit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:00 AM »
I spoke with the owner of that pit today and NOBODY has permission to fish it; IT IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.  If you don't have permission from the owner, DO NOT fish it.  It will be posted again with no trespassing signs, so it will be obvious.  If you chose to fish it, you will be subject to arrest/citation.  Just thought I would pass that on to save some of you some headaches.  There are only two people and a few of the local law enforcement officers that have permission to fish it.

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:33 AM »
I spoke with the owner of that pit today and NOBODY has permission to fish it; IT IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.  If you don't have permission from the owner, DO NOT fish it.  It will be posted again with no trespassing signs, so it will be obvious.  If you chose to fish it, you will be subject to arrest/citation.  Just thought I would pass that on to save some of you some headaches.  There are only two people and a few of the local law enforcement officers that have permission to fish it.

Thanks for talking to the owner and getting all this great information for us. I love that as a lurker you had to go and run your mouth and get us off the ice. Thanks for all of your great input and everything you add to the site. If it weren't for fisherman like you this site would not have a chance to make it! :%$#!:

Offline Wags

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:40 AM »
In all fairness you can't just blame the guy who actually asks permission you are the one who needs to learn some manners, atleast he had the decency to ask the land owner. It is not right for people to trespass without atleast asking. Now if he was rude to the land owner and got it closed to everyone that is a different story but it doesn't sound like that is the case, it sounds like you never even asked and just deciced to walk onto someone elses property.

Offline the swedish zit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:50 AM »
I really don't see what the problem is.  You have someone on this site advising people it OK to trespass on property no one has permission to be on and that's ruining it for you?  If I would of went there or you for that matter and got cited for trespassing and had to pay fines and/or go to court, how would you feel then?  I would not be happy!  If it where you're pond would you want everyone coming on it because someone on a forum said it's OK to do so?  But if that's your outlook, I'd rather not fish in your company either.  If you think this site wouldn't survive with my input, well....I'm sure that the majority of members would not want it posted that it's OK to trespass on to someones private property.  It gives us a bad name and the site a bad reference.

Offline Surly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:05 AM »
You say you talked to him today no wonder he said no you posted at 8 am what time did you wake him up to ask him ::)
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually an on coming train!!

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:10 AM »
See his dekalb area post as well. Someone had a motive!

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:45 AM »
thats funny i have fished the pit for 3 years now wen mike klink owned it and he told me id be fine when the new owner took over. plus i was even out there with the dnr fishing it a week ago n he told me i was fine that he isnt chasin people off it ne more that it wasnt worth it. but ill go talk to him n i will be able to keep fishing there.  if not o well there r tons of lakes around here. i jus hate wen people ruin things for others

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:19 AM »
thats funny i have fished the pit for 3 years now wen mike klink owned it and he told me id be fine when the new owner took over. plus i was even out there with the dnr fishing it a week ago n he told me i was fine that he isnt chasin people off it ne more that it wasnt worth it. but ill go talk to him n i will be able to keep fishing there.  if not o well there r tons of lakes around here. i jus hate wen people ruin things for others

You get on any this AM?

Offline Surly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:23 AM »
This is pretty hard to understand first line you say no one has permission Then in the last line you are saying two plus a few law enforcement Well what is it no one or  ::) ::) Contradicting yourself  Much or?
Sounds like someone was fishing your hole and your feelers got hurt  :'(

Offline harley-davidson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:58 AM »
like a new soap  call it "as the auger turns"?

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:59 AM »

NIIIIICE!

Offline Surly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 18, 2010, 12:01 PM »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:18 PM »
You get on any this AM?

i didnt go i had to do errands n i drove down to the pit office n no one is there i tried 4 times so far.. but im goin to try callin mike if he answers lol n try to get the new owners number.  but i might try this afternoon

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:18 PM »

id watch it

Offline the swedish zit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:19 PM »
You can say what you want, I'm just trying to save a few of you some possible headaches/legal problems.  It's out there as to what the owners feelings are, so fish at your own risk.   It's not ruining it if you never really had permission from the owner to begin with.  Unless he's personally gave you permission to fish, then you can't assume because it's posted on a forum, it's OK to trespass, or because a previous owner gave you permission, it carries over to a new owner.  Again, say what you will, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  End of discussion.

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:37 PM »
You can say what you want, I'm just trying to save a few of you some possible headaches/legal problems.  It's out there as to what the owners feelings are, so fish at your own risk.   It's not ruining it if you never really had permission from the owner to begin with.  Unless he's personally gave you permission to fish, then you can't assume because it's posted on a forum, it's OK to trespass, or because a previous owner gave you permission, it carries over to a new owner.  Again, say what you will, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  End of discussion.

i went down to te office multiple times today n there wasnt ne one there so yeah

Offline harley-davidson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 18, 2010, 04:53 PM »
end of discussion prosalmon lol  ;D

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:05 PM »
yep lol idc ne more ill jus keep goin there.

Offline harley-davidson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:06 PM »
just messin with ya man

Offline prosalmonking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:24 PM »
just messin with ya man

its ok i will have my marcum on mon so wont need that pit lol i can find fish ne where i will jus need to find time to explore lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.