The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Official Challenge to MaineDuckHunter (MOHAWK VIDEOS ADDED)  (Read 31407 times)

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
Re: Official Challenge to MaineDuckHunter
« Reply #270 on: Feb 17, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Let me also makes this clear for all u country men totting bows, crossbows and whatevwer else u use to hunt with. The water balloons have to be hand thrown only.  No slingshots, potato guns or power inducing projectiles are allowed whatsoever....You must throw the balloons.  I mean u do want me coherent enough to challenge someone else again don't you?
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #271 on: Feb 17, 2010, 01:31 PM »
.  I mean u do want me coherent enough to challenge someone else again don't you?
Hmmm we get a choise   right......
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #272 on: Feb 17, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I want to thank Walter for this Challenge it was FUN....I have to admit I was getting a little worried when he was catching fish and I wasn't and I was trying not to use the Vex...but....I had to do it...and I did let him use it a couple time to catch back up... ;D  I also want to thank Brace and Woods Wise for coming too....Jeremy was a Great Judge!!! :thumbsup:  And Brace's Bacon rapped venison and scallops were delish!!! :P

So I got a call from my mother today and she said that the local news paper wants to do a story on it...she tried to get them to come down to the event yesterday but they were too busy...they said they love the fact that we are raising money with the event too....this will be a good plug for Ice Shanty and Team Maine....!!!  I'll keep ya updated!!

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #273 on: Feb 17, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I want to thank Walter for this Challenge it was FUN....I have to admit I was getting a little worried when he was catching fish and I wasn't and I was trying not to use the Vex...but....I had to do it...and I did let him use it a couple time to catch back up... ;D  I also want to thank Brace and Woods Wise for coming too....Jeremy was a Great Judge!!! :thumbsup:  And Brace's Bacon rapped venison and scallops were delish!!! :P

So I got a call from my mother today and she said that the local news paper wants to do a story on it...she tried to get them to come down to the event yesterday but they were too busy...they said they love the fact that we are raising money with the event too....this will be a good plug for Ice Shanty and Team Maine....!!!  I'll keep ya updated!!

Well this will be the attention Flatty was looking for.  ::)

Offline ItsyBitsyFishy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Izabella shissin' (fishing) her fishing hole
« Reply #274 on: Feb 17, 2010, 05:54 PM »

:tipup:  I just want to say that I never really got into the whole ice shanty thing, but I did support both my son MDH and my husband bigdadde66, but when I seen the challenge, it attracted my attention!  :woot: I have followed it from the beginning and was checking it first thing in the am. And then I went out to the ice a couple of times just to check things out..... I love watching my family in a competion. I think it is great that you guys are out there having fun, being good sportsman and setting very good examples for the next generation of fisherman/women.  Keep up the good work.......  Can't wait for the next challenge to follow.  Flatty you are GREAT!  And you guys deserve all the publicity you can get!   :thumbsup: :clap: :icefish:

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #275 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Flatty, you put up a good battle, I thought you had a good chance to pull this out. As a Coach, I did notice a couple of things that we need to critique.

Quote from:Coach on Feb 02, 2010, 06:32 PM
Where Flatty doesn't have home field advantage, he's probably needs to use NP traps as well to even out the odds.

Quote from: Flatlander2Fisher on Feb 02, 2010, 11:30 PM
And no pink traps for me Coach - Not this time.

Quote from:BraceFeb 03, 2010, 08:03 AM
You mean these pink traps???   

Quote from: Flatlander2Fisher Feb 16, 2010, 03:53 AM
4:45 am,  I am up and ready to go, but NP is still in bed and the youth can not be dropped off until 630. Believe me if I had the choice I would drilling my holes right before lnocking on MDH's door to tell him and LJ there is one more for breakfast- But dreams of orange heritage lakers popping will soon become MDH's nightmare. LOL

GAME ON!!!!!!

OK here is where we need some clarification, dreams of orange heritage lakers popping will soon become MDH's nightmare. LOL

And this is what we see This does not look like orange heritage lakers popping

You had a good plan going in, but it looks like you changed it at the last moment. :nono: I tell my kids before the big game that I want them in bed before 9:00pm. You should have rested up so you didn't run out of gas and needed to take a little Nap.lol

Offline Corporal Punishment

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #276 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Yep all talk,his next challenger!!!!Haaaaaaa,wouldnt waste my morning..... 8)

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #277 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:45 PM »

Yes you will  ;) ;D ;)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #278 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:46 PM »
When you beat him are you really accomplishing anything..... ::)

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #279 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:47 PM »
When you beat him are you really accomplishing anything..... ::)

12 pages of reading pleasure, and money for a good cause.  It's just for fun, even Walter doesn't take himself seriously.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #280 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:53 PM »
12 pages of reading pleasure, and money for a good cause.  It's just for fun, even Walter doesn't take himself seriously.

Agreed,not a regular on the Main forum!!!Thought he really had some skills.... :-\

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #281 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Agreed,not a regular on the Main forum!!!Thought he really had some skills.... :-\

It's his 3rd year ice fishing, and he holds his own most of the time. In fact he is currently 10th on the Team Maine board:

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:13 PM »
I dont even have a clue what that is!!!! ???

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #283 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:15 PM »
I dont even have a clue what that is!!!! ???

It is a competition Team Maine has (IFOY).  Anyway, the total represents inches of fish, however only 2 fish of each species is allowed to be entered.  He's 10th out of 38, so he is not 'that' bad.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #284 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:32 PM »

As for the balloons, for those that offered a donation on either sidew during the trash talking gewt thier free shots.  all other balloons will be 3 shots for 5 bucks at the banquet.  Which I am not worried about since most of you probably throw like women and probably couldnt hit the water you stand on to fish (maybe Coach could)

Your Right Flatty, as a Coach my practices usually ran at least 2 hours, sometimes longer. I would throw near a couple hundred pitches to the team for batting practice. I also grew up on a farm, where my parents put me on the Farm Chores Conditioning Program right from the get go. That meant taking care of the animals, we would cut and bring in around 3,000 bails of hay thru out the summer as well as cut and split by hand 14 cord of wood for the winter. So I can Guaranteed that I don't throw like a girl and I still can hit what I aim at.  ;D ;D But I will take it easy on you I promise.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #285 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Looks like he just moved down the contender list for challenges!!!!Couldnt beat #13..... :o ;D

Offline bigdadde66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #286 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:54 PM »
#13 is a very acomplished ice fisherman been fishing 25 years . im sure you couldnt beat him either

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #287 on: Feb 17, 2010, 11:20 PM »
#13 is a very acomplished ice fisherman been fishing 25 years . im sure you couldnt beat him either

I dont think ya can ever go in and beat a guy with years of experience on his home waters IMO!!!

But im not a pan-fisherman,and maybe if he had no Vex......... :-\

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #288 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:52 AM »
Some New Yorkers get it, and apparently others just don't. 
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline bigdadde66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #289 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:13 AM »
and it wasnt all about who beats who , it was a get together of friends food and friendly competition ,and to raise a little money for charity

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #290 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:59 AM »
I am willing to bet he would out fish you any day of the week. Take a road trip and come to Maine to face the wrath of Mohawk man. If you win then I will shave my head into a Mohawk.

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #291 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Do I smeeeeeeeeell another challenge? An Ex Mass- man, now roaming the land of Maine, calling out a New Yorker. Oh this could get good.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #292 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:31 AM »
I am willing to bet he would out fish you any day of the week. Take a road trip and come to Maine to face the wrath of Mohawk man. If you win then I will shave my head into a Mohawk.
This sounds GOOD!!! :woot:

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #293 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Do I smeeeeeeeeell another challenge? An Ex Mass- man, now roaming the land of Maine, calling out a New Yorker. Oh this could get good.
flatty didn't call him out, I did. Flatty makes fishing & the shanty fun. If we can get CP to make the trip then I am willing to put up the wager. I'll out fish CP with one trap so I'll give him a chance with flatty & the pink traps.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #294 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:20 AM »
he would loose!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline eve21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #295 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I have been watching from Wyoming and loving every minute of it.  You guys are great and I think it is an awesome way for you to have a little fun and for a great cause, and I agree....the New Yorker is just jealous that he doesn't get to play.   :o  Somebody PM me an address I can mail some funds to so I can support the cause and if the New Yorker takes the challenge, I got 20$ on team Maine!
-Tight Lines
-If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #296 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I have been watching from Wyoming and loving every minute of it.  You guys are great and I think it is an awesome way for you to have a little fun and for a great cause, and I agree....the New Yorker is just jealous that he doesn't get to play.   :o  Somebody PM me an address I can mail some funds to so I can support the cause and if the New Yorker takes the challenge, I got 20$ on team Maine!
eve21 gets it, you the man. Come to Maine anytime.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #297 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:36 AM »
he would loose!

Do you think he actually cares either way!!!! 8)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #298 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:40 AM »
I have been watching from Wyoming and loving every minute of it.  You guys are great and I think it is an awesome way for you to have a little fun and for a great cause, and I agree....the New Yorker is just jealous that he doesn't get to play.   :o  Somebody PM me an address I can mail some funds to so I can support the cause and if the New Yorker takes the challenge, I got 20$ on team Maine!

No thanks!!!You guys up there can play with the dinks all ya want,im staying here.... ;D

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #299 on: Feb 18, 2010, 11:59 AM »
No thanks!!!You guys up there can play with the dinks all ya want,im staying here.... ;D
good idea ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.