The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: using worms and crawlers on tip-ups??  (Read 4298 times)

Offline burndoubt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: using worms and crawlers on tip-ups??
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Used them for two whole seasons with absolutely zero luck. Outfished them 100% with shiners.

Offline kevinmaine3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:50 PM »
So i couldn't find any worms on my way out to the pond, stoped at 3 places, had shiners and a handfull of salmon and trout flys a friend tied and passed on to me to try out, his flys are usually very unique and work really well.... i was jigging one of these flys in 2 feet of water and saw two white fins fly by. got excited, and ended up hooking up to a really nice 19 in brookie, 3lbs. ill have pics on as soon as we download the software for the new camera.. good day, only fish, had 2 other trout fly by and take a few looks.

Offline mtaeagles15

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:19 PM »
bought some crawlersin lisbon today  ( bait shop next to the bowling allie) going to try them out tomorrow, ill let you know how they work.
Wide open throttle and Coors in a bottle.

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:25 PM »
i went to pick up a tub of crawlers today, but before i did i opened them up to see what i was payin for, and cobwebs aren't a good sign...and it was the last one that they had to i went with earthworms...gonna try tippin a swede with it tommorrow...let ya know how it works out, if they start failin tho, i'm just gonna clip on a hook and hook a shiner to the jig rod as its only a two trap lake i'm headed to...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.