The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: REBEL TEAM CHAT  (Read 126417 times)

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
Re: REBEL TEAM CHAT
« Reply #1410 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Fished 4-10pm at paupack...did pretty good. got into a heated gill bite for a while then got a few rock bass, 2 perch and a nice 17" smallie. Not bad considering it was new territory for us, and 2 cold fronts passed earlier in day. Windy and annoying...we would of stayed later but literally got blown off, it was that bad.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1411 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Yep, Saturday morning began calm then suddenly someone switched on the wind fan!  It blew all day across the Pac.

You got a nice catch; I don't find a lot of bluegills on the Pac.  Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spots.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1412 on: Mar 17, 2014, 09:52 AM »
We're gonna try sylvan lake tomorrow afternoon into night for some calico. That was our "go to" lake for probably close to 6-7 years....but all of a sudden about 5 years ago the place completely shutdown...now call it the dead sea...its going through a cycle and fishing is bound to pick back up one year....its too bad because I think we know every little detail about that place....I'll give her a shot and report back ;)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1413 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Good luck on SYLVIN  Buddy.You got a pretty good catch on the Pac.Saturday.We did the morning on PL. Not too bad.Lots of ice. The wind S**KED.I think we will get another weekend AT least out of the lakes up our way.

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1414 on: Mar 18, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Did pretty good tonight at sylvan. Ended up with 5 gills 1 14 3/4 " small mouth and a bullhead. Between 8-10" of ice

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1415 on: Mar 19, 2014, 04:53 AM »
Did pretty good tonight at sylvan. Ended up with 5 gills 1 14 3/4 " small mouth and a bullhead. Between 8-10" of ice

Nice for an evening's effort close to home!  I notice you guys seem to be picking up a smallmouth every time here lately :tipup:
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1416 on: Mar 19, 2014, 07:00 AM »
Yeah...small mouth and rock bass...caught 2 at sylvan and a 17.75" pickerel. Fishing wasnt great, but it wasn't too too bad considering the last couple years of really bad fishing here. This is definitely the year of the rock bass...

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1417 on: Mar 22, 2014, 02:39 AM »
Headed to Belmont today. Last trip in PA. :'( Next week I head to Maine to rap up ice season . ;D Fly fishing season is here.  ::) ;)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1418 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Hit a private lake today and cleaned house. Ice there was a good 11" but shoreline going fast under the heat of the sun. Fished from 7:00-11:30. Brought home 16 gills 5 good perch and 2 LMB. My buddy got 3 real nice LMB 1 crappie and I don't know how many gills. Missed a bunch on both jigging rods and tip ups. Good day out for what might be the last... Stay safe everyone!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1419 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:05 PM »
Hope everyone had a great deer season!! The rebels scored a total of 6. Got a doe in archery, and 4 doe and a decent 7 point in rifle season at our farm. Heres some pics, including my boy with the buck my buddy shot.

And with a little spare time on our hands, we decided to make the 1st ever REBEL TEAM CHRISTMAS CARD!!!!  and heres the front of it!!  ;D ;D

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1420 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:02 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline ldenjp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1421 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Very nice Joel!! Tell everyone Congrats! Hallmark would love that Christmas card. We had a pretty good season. Ended with 4 doe. Lots of deer seen and missed opportunities. We should be eating very well this ice season!!! I can't wait for it to start.

HTTR
Jerry

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1422 on: Dec 18, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Yeah....if it ever starts!  I'll trade ya some corn fed deer for some of your acorn fed variety, Jerry!!!

Offline Mike Reilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1423 on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:34 PM »
nice buck rebel hopfully there is some nice fish pictures in the  future

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1424 on: Dec 19, 2014, 02:14 AM »
Get that cut up soon . We have ice fishing to do.  ;D I am going out to check on ice today. Heard Wayne county might have enough ::) I will check Tobyhanna too.

Offline ldenjp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1425 on: Dec 19, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Sounds like a plan Joel.  I am surprised that you would part with some of that beefison. LOL!!

HTTR
Jerry

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1426 on: Dec 19, 2014, 12:44 PM »
We're never a greedy bunch ...

Thanks mike, but I can only take the credit for slowing him down so my buddy could give him his final resting pill ;)

How have you been Larry? Any fishable ice in NY yet?
Merry Christmas to all as well!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1427 on: Dec 22, 2014, 07:38 AM »
He's alive and well....he was part of our crew who hunted. His only access to a computer now is the public library....I'll tell him you said hi.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #1428 on: Feb 19, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Just figured to give a shout out to those of yas that we, 'The Rebel Team' talked to here at iceshanty.
We are all well. Just doin our own thing as of late. Everyone's gotta pretty busy schedule now-a-days.
We're still fishin' and huntin' together. And raisin' a little hell from time to time. As always! :laugh:
Ya know, we all here on the Rebel Team were never afraid to stir the pot from time to time! Lol
Will try and come on a little more often. Wish y'all the best! Take care. And stay on top! :tipup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1429 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:46 PM »

Got out on the river one time this year. Best day ever. Plenty of fish like this one.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1430 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Nice eye! ;D

Offline Jason120

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1431 on: Feb 20, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Rebel team eh? I like the sounds of that. Digging that Christmas card, nice job.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1432 on: Feb 21, 2016, 12:28 AM »
Congratulations.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #1433 on: Feb 22, 2016, 06:53 AM »
WOW nice fish for a nice guy. Wiredstone, 10 years ago you were very nice to my son dinkmaster. Now, he is hooked on ice fishing and not a bad warm water angler. Hope to meet you again someday on Belmont since they drained White Oaks.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1434 on: Jan 26, 2017, 09:34 PM »
Okay. Gonna try and git 'er goin' again. Most of the Rebel Team have been doing the Facebook thing. And messenger amongst each other. I will try and rally the troops!
Weather's sucked for ice fishing. Although, few of the Rebs got into the ducks and geese really gd.

To our Rebel Team bruthas!... Sure do miss the great conversations and photos.
Hope to see y'all posting again here. Cheers! And God bless y'all!
Let's git 'er goin' again! :o @)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1435 on: Jan 27, 2017, 03:32 AM »
I am dtill around . Not as much because of FB. Heading to Lake george next weekend hoping for first ice.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #1436 on: Jan 27, 2017, 08:30 PM »
getrdun. Maybe the rebels will be out Francis Slocum for the Nanticoke Sportsmans Contest. I'll bring my new ice shanty flag and my son will wear the cool black hat he got for joining. He plans to wear it to Lake Lehman to show his redneck buds.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #1437 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Could someone please share all the facebook pages everyone is talking about ???

Thanks

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1438 on: Jan 29, 2017, 10:20 PM »
getrdun. Maybe the rebels will be out Francis Slocum for the Nanticoke Sportsmans Contest. I'll bring my new ice shanty flag and my son will wear the cool black hat he got for joining. He plans to wear it to Lake Lehman to show his redneck buds.
Cool!, John. Tbe derby's been postponed till February 18th though.
And yeah, most of the Rebel Team should be there, including myself... As long as the weather is good to us.
Nice to see ya again here, Wired. Always enjoyed your photos on the chat! @)
Most of the Rebs do the Facebook thing now also.I don't bother with it. I am more old school.
Because of it. I don't talk to 'em as often either. Everyone has their own things going on.
Few of them have young children. Reached out to few of them last week. And mentioned to them to come back on here. Joel(Rebelfisher), said he was too busy with his 2 sons.
I told him, I guess he didn't learn to multitask yet?! Lol.
So, it looks like it will be a very lean Rebel Team here for the time being. :-\
With that said. The majority of the Rebel Team are members of the Nanticoke Conservation Club.
Besides their personal Facebook pages. Ya should be able to find them on our club's Facebook page.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1439 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Nice to see you back in action. 

I ran into Joel at the Harveys Creek fundraiser on the opening day of trout.   It was great to talk to him.

Let's get out on the hardwater!

Nuangola
Nice to see your posts again Nuangola and everyone else.
Sorry for not getting back to y'all quicker here.
As I stated in the Moon Lake thread. I am just going to put my ice gear away. And focus on getting my bass boat ready for early spring calicos and pans. And look forward to the spring browns on the big lake on dad's boat.
Always good to see you guys posting here on the Reb chat.
Not looking real good for our ice derby on the 18th either. I will post here, wether or not we are going to have it? As soon as I find out.
And yeah, Joel an a few others will be back out opening day trout season doing that fundraiser for our club. I will be out fishing with my dad and a few others that day.
Our club is really good club. We do a lot of good things in our area. Great group of guys too!
Very proud to be part of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.