Author Topic: Fishing without a Vex  (Read 6193 times)

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: Fishing without a Vex
« Reply #60 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:11 AM »
I see Jeff........BTW Matt have you checked e-bay for flashers?

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #61 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:33 AM »
No way, not even, will not, ICE FISH WITH OUT MY Vexilar!!!!!!!!   :icefish: :icefish:

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #62 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Can you actually get it to shoot through the ice before you cut a hole?  I plan on using my lcd this year again, but I'm never sure that I was using it right in the first place.  Could you shoot me a private message and explain your rig to me?  Next year will be the year I get a flasher.  Hopefuly my money situation will be different and I can get a good deal on one during the off season.
 Yes they can shoot through the ice. Just has to be clear and solid for a good reading. Less air bubbles the better.  Oh yeah, I don't icefish without it!
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 06, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Sometimes it helps to splash a little water on the ice, then set your transducer in the water. But, don't do it long when it's really cold out.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:07 PM »
I can remember back in the late 90's on Summit Lake,walking down into Beaver Bay,and seeing 15-20 fishermen,and maybe only see 3-4 Flashers.Walk back there now and you'll see 75% of the fishermen using Electronics,the times sure have changed fellows.

Im like most of you all,I won't leave home without mine,best of luck to you all this year,whether u got electronics or not,hope to see some of ya on the ice this year,

Jimmy]

Man, thats the truth :'( I liked it better when it was just a couple of us ;D The number of guys using flashers is the best testimony you can get.
Paul 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.