Author Topic: on the hunt for big baits tommorow  (Read 1545 times)

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
on the hunt for big baits tommorow
« on: Nov 28, 2009, 11:24 AM »
With the spell of warmer weather the past couple weeks, I lost ALOT of fallfish in the tank, but hope to replenish tommorow, going on tour with saxmatt hoping to bring home some BIGGUNS.  Get em while ya can, ice is approaching, should have some good pics tommorow.

E

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: on the hunt for big baits tommorow
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I'm from Mantioba and I can't say I've ever seen a fallfish I'd love to see a pic or two!! :) Go get em!!  8)

Offline PIKEKILLER1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2009, 11:41 AM »
froze all mine alive dont want to mix them with the goldens in the tank

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I have a few in the tank and will be going out tomorrow as well for a few more. It's that time!!!!!!

E, do you have a date for your 1st NY trip yet?
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2009, 09:46 PM »

I hope my schedule will allow me to come say hello Jon!

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Was able to grab a few more baits before bringing my daughter back to school today. I'll keep adding if I can. ;D

Offline fishingman17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2009, 07:42 PM »
hey spanky how did u make that also how long do your bait stay alive in there for

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2009, 06:08 PM »
not a piker, but i've got my share of bait in my back yard. i live on the willimantic on the tolland -willington line
i fish it almost every day.. last few weeks i must have caught over a hundred dace 4-6" most flyfishing. not completely sure of the difference between fallfish and dace. i'm 15 minutes from mansfield so thinkin of giveing it a shot this year. gotta find something to keep the bait in but is mansfield productive  thru the ice

wt

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2009, 06:30 PM »
hey spanky how did u make that also how long do your bait stay alive in there for

So we don't hijack this thread, I'll start a new one about bait tanks.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=121693.0

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Mansfield can be good. I've gotten some monster perch and crappie on some spots.Ever seen a perch try to take a 6 inch bait! :cookoo:

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2009, 08:27 AM »
not a piker, but i've got my share of bait in my back yard. i live on the willimantic on the tolland -willington line
i fish it almost every day.. last few weeks i must have caught over a hundred dace 4-6" most flyfishing. not completely sure of the difference between fallfish and dace. i'm 15 minutes from mansfield so thinkin of giveing it a shot this year. gotta find something to keep the bait in but is mansfield productive  thru the ice

wt
Willy, you live about a mile from where I grew up. Spent a lot of time on that stretch of the Willi growing up. I remember when it was dead, before they brought the river back. I also catch a lot of dace for bait there. I've got a spot I like for Northerns on Mansfield. PM me when there is Ice and I'll meet you there as well as Black Pond like we talked about.  I use plastic 55 gallon drums cut in half to store bait.  Have an Extra drum if you need. Free.   I work in Storrs and can bring it in. Let me know.  You will need a cover for the dace, they jump right out.  The dace work good for walleye's for me. Get a good air pump, and use the products Blain offers to treat the water.
Hawk

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2009, 09:05 AM »
thanks hawk, if we ever get any ice i'll get in touch. i dont know why i dont fish mansfield. its so close. if you know where the railroad tressel on
depot street is thats where i am. had yesterday off. landed an 18' brown in the am on a shiner yesterday. there still in there. i remember when they barely stocked it. it was always slow. much improved water conditions

wt

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2009, 09:55 AM »
thanks hawk, if we ever get any ice i'll get in touch. i dont know why i dont fish mansfield. its so close. if you know where the railroad tressel on
depot street is thats where i am. had yesterday off. landed an 18' brown in the am on a shiner yesterday. there still in there. i remember when they barely stocked it. it was always slow. much improved water conditions

wt

Good spot, know right where it is, Back in the 70's we used to climb up on top of the covered tressel when the train went through and hold on for dear life :cookoo:  Stupid Kids. Let me know if you want the drum, I can drop it off after work.  Mom still lives up the street.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.