The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Trap thieves!!!  (Read 3155 times)

Offline JS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JS
Re: Trap thieves!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Checked mine this morning...gone!. used black crabbing line for stealth, will have to do a better job of hiding 'em...
Tight lines!

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2009, 03:14 PM »
You can hide them all you want, but if the POS see you on the shore it's definitely a signal to them that you have "left" something for them.
Maybe you could leave a "dummy" line tied to a weight, and rig the line with a lot of old rusty hooks.
(similar to booby-trapping lobster pot lines for paochers)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2009, 03:24 PM »
iceholes they may have took the bait for themselves after they saw it and the bait in it. just went home to get a bucket or something to put them in. put up one of those hunting camaras to keep an eye out.

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Had a talk with an EPO today, it it is totally legal to trap with just your fishing license.  Traps can be left unatteneded overnight, but must be checked every 24 hours. 

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2009, 05:39 PM »
why do you all tie your traps up? its simple. either put on waders and leave the line a few feet out from shore, or dont use a line at all and just cast a snagging hook out and reel the traps in.

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2009, 04:07 AM »
maybe you lost them under the rise in water levels Believe it or not mine reappeared after the rain storm we just had over here - Through on some waders and walk to location.  You'd be suprised. And if that is not the case then I agree with set at night pull at night
Here fishy fishy fishy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.