Author Topic: How do you like to ice fish ?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: How do you like to ice fish ?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 22, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I was just pokin' fun at him. I realized after the fact that I sounded a lil d-baggish. My bad. As for the clueless people rg. I do the same and have fun with them. I scare the crap out of them. Show them my spikes and what they are used for and exclaim that I can't believe they don't have any when they are covering so much ice in a short period. I'm not trying to ruin someone's day but it does make my day better when they are leaving ever so slowly. I can't help but laugh when I'm on 18 + ". But hey, it's possible I could save someone's life. I did make a kids day last year on Lake George and it felt really good to do.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Polarised

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Nov 22, 2009, 05:11 PM »
It's funny, growing up, fishing was more of a social thing, at the least it was me & dad. As I grow older, for many years now, I hunt & fish alone, it doesn't bother me to do so. Ice fishing to me is new, so going with a friend or two is the norm for now, but I can certainly see myself going at it alone without any problem.

Offline bruce21m

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ITS MILLER TIME
« Reply #62 on: Nov 22, 2009, 08:49 PM »
I like to fish in large groups. Its fun watching ever one catch fish and if not we play football.

Offline Jrod0582

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Nov 22, 2009, 11:49 PM »
I like to hit the lake early and enjoy a morning of fishing. a lot of the time 3 or 4 of us will go to different lakes for the morning, meet up for lunch, then we will fish the evening together on the lake that produced the best that morning. This way I get the "best of both worlds". Can't wait for some ice here!

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Nov 23, 2009, 01:21 AM »
Like many have said already, i'm almost always a solo fisherman.  I love the peace and quiet.  For me, fishing is one of the most relaxing things in the world, and I prefer to relax by myself.

Offline jason1348

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Nov 23, 2009, 02:19 AM »
im not picky i just love to get on the ice small groups are much better then huge groups

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Nov 23, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Fish alone mostly. I like taking people along, but the only person who can keep up with me is my brother. I've almost convinced my girlfriend to come out there with me this season but she doesn't like the cold, doesn't like fish all that much and doesn't drink beer.......I know, crazy right ???

She's a hell of a cook though, so I might keep her around  ;D

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Nov 23, 2009, 09:58 AM »
Most of the time I fish alone or with a buddy. This season I might try and fish with some new people. I might bring my girlfriend but I feel she might be bored and cold. She does like to fish (summer) which is a plus.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:03 AM »
I prefer to fish in small groups... I'm 100% panfish jigger but the guys I regularly meet up with are either 100% tip-uppin' or mixing the two styles. Not real comfortable flying solo during the ice season... risks are elevated at all levels including just getting to the lake sometimes.

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
« Reply #69 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I like to fish in small groups 4-6 people. Rarely fish alone, being in college there is always someone who wants to go. This season there is about 3 people who have never ice fished that have ask me to come along. I can't wait to show them a few of the ropes.
Tight lines and safe fishing.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:20 AM »
I like fishing by myself but it's better with a few buddies !  Taking new people out is great!!!  I walk around a lil and talk to people. I've met alot of good people out on the ice so I see them quite a bit and we chat for a bit ! Great times I've had when kids have run over to see my catch. They ask questions and are real interested in the whole thing. It's really great when they are respectful and their parents thank me.
EL CAPITANO !!!

chimo

« Reply #71 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:26 AM »
I usally end up fishing alone but I like to take people with me.  I also don't mind people joining me on the ice as long as they come up and say hello first...   If they just start drilling holes really close I get irritated, but come up and b.s. with me for a second and I will probably drill a hole for you right next to me.  I also usally jig until I find a few fish and then set the tipups and continue jigging.  I love watching the flags fly!  good fishin

Chimo

Offline D-mo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I like to go fishin' with my buddy ... but when he's not around, I go it alone. Theres always someone to chat with at the local crappy hole .. so its all good.

d-mo
"Drink Canada Dry"
Its a moto, not my personal mission

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.