Author Topic: lowrance x67c, hummingbird ice 35, or the showdown  (Read 8735 times)

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lowrance x67c, hummingbird ice 35, or the showdown
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2009, 05:08 PM »
very true! A family member picked up the show-down late last season for a really good price, i dont remember how much but for surely it was under $200 at Fleet Farm.  I haven't used one personally but have seen it in action, this was before they came out with the upgraded software. Sadly to say i was not impressed. 

The color lcd makes all the difference! thats why i went with the x67c, either way they both help you catch more fish. Now, if we can just get some ice :'(

Offline sonar man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GILL MASTER
« Reply #31 on: Nov 09, 2009, 07:22 PM »
buy a vex 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Nov 09, 2009, 07:57 PM »
If I were you I would make the Marcum the backup to your Showdown. ;D You won't need you Marcum, get all that dust on it from sitting around! ;D

Have you lost your mind? ;D

The Showdown is a really nice low price alternative to flashers, but I have never met anyone yet who has tossed an LX-5 aside to use one.

I paid $220 for it but that was a couple of years ago.  I've heard people getting it new for around $180.Some people think that flashers are better but they have never used the showdown, they just go with what other people think and thats how that chain started.  Obviously it is good because the In-fisherman crew uses it and I know they are sponsored by it but if a flasher was better than they probably have had offers from flasher companies and didn't take them.

Holy cow, I don't even know where to start with this one. Many, many Iceshanty members have fished with both, including myself. In-Fisherman uses the gear that the sponsor chooses for them to showcase. It is marketing, not a choice by the staff. I'm sure Marcum wanted to show the showdown off on TV, and had In-Fisherman do it. If the showdown is owned by Marcum, and it is the end all unit that replaces all other products, why are they still selling so many flashers? Yes, Versa Electronics owns Marcum and Showdown. I do not believe the showdown was ever meant to Be a replacement for flashers. Cool it.

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Holy cow, I don't even know where to start with this one. Many, many Iceshanty members have fished with both, including myself. In-Fisherman uses the gear that the sponsor chooses for them to showcase. It is marketing, not a choice by the staff. I'm sure Marcum wanted to show the showdown off on TV, and had In-Fisherman do it. If the showdown is owned by Marcum, and it is the end all unit that replaces all other products, why are they still selling so many flashers? Yes, Versa Electronics owns Marcum and Showdown. I do not believe the showdown was ever meant to Be a replacement for flashers. Cool it.
I didn't say it was suppose to be a replacement for flashers.  I meant it was a choice for the lower budget angler.  I am sure maybe 5% of people have both a flasher and a showdown and tested against the two.  I think it is more of defending what you bought instead of comparing them.  I didn't mean any harm by it I was kind of joking around about that part.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:14 PM »
well im looking for a new flasher and narrowed it down to 3 the x67c, ice 35, and the showdown which are all in my price range so what one do you like the most? :tipup:

of the three that you posted i would pick the x67c......  butif that is what you are going to get i would seriously consider the humming bird 343c.   it is esentially the same exact thing as the x67c but a whole lot simplier to use.  i have used both of them durring the same day and prefer the HUMMING bird one the best.  it can be used in deeper water and i think that it is more sensitive then that x67c.   the think that i least liked about the x67c is that stupid arm that comes out and is supposed to hold the transducer.  the floats are much better   

the only thing is that the 343c comes standard with a suction cup transducer for use with a boat.  but for a few bucks you can get a ice ducer just like the ones that come with a vex or marcum. 

GO WITH THE 343C   

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:19 PM »
  What's a showdown, own 2 lowrances and a vex, have seen marcum's but never heard of a showdown?  :unsure:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:32 PM »
i forgot to mention about the soft packs that both of them come in.  the humming bird soft back is 10 times nicer than than the x67c one.  has pockets for gear and all.  more heavy duty as well .

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:57 PM »
I am a vex guy in the winter but I am definitely all for the Lowrance in the summer in my tournament boat.  I would go for the x67c, I got to use it once and it was a really good unit.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 10, 2009, 03:42 AM »
 What's a showdown, own 2 lowrances and a vex, have seen marcum's but never heard of a showdown?  :unsure:
SNAGGER this site should answer your question.
www.showdownfishfinder.com

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 10, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I went with a x67c. Having never owned ice electronics before, I wasn't sure which way to go. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices out there today, But YOU are gonna have to be the one to decide. Get out to stores and try them, what one guy likes may not suit you. I caught fish the 1st time out with mine. I was fishing just off bottom with no luck. Dropped the ducer down and saw fish 2 ft. up...reeled up to them and started catching. It was really cool to see them come into the bait / lure.  A couple of pro's about the x67c...No motor whining,  color display is nice. ditch the stupid transducer arm and go with a 6inch long piece of foam pipe insulation and just drop in a hole. Best of luck in your search, whatever way you go.
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I have an8 and a18 vex great units but I have a 67c which gives you a few more opitions than just a flasher , just my .02

Offline SLED_NECK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 13, 2009, 02:47 PM »
well i bought a vex, a reconditioned fl-8se off the website i think i made a pritty good choice ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.