Author Topic: Tough Choice  (Read 2741 times)

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tough Choice
« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. The only reason I asked this in the first place is that I only want to get one or the other unless I can get a good deal on both. The one reason I am considering the suit is that I normally fish with another person and dont want to be in a shanty while my buddy is outside. A 2 person is out of the question since I dont have a way to transport it.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. The only reason I asked this in the first place is that I only want to get one or the other unless I can get a good deal on both. The one reason I am considering the suit is that I normally fish with another person and dont want to be in a shanty while my buddy is outside. A 2 person is out of the question since I dont have a way to transport it.

I think you answered your own question on what is best for YOU considering your fishing habits and current limitations. 

-Jeff

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 03, 2009, 05:47 AM »

I often haul my Yukon on my hitch hauler.  You can get a hitch for most cars and a hauler for about $150.  A word of caution: If anyone does this make sure you have a travel cover.  There is a lot of road spray behind a vehicle when the roads are sloppy.  If uncovered your shack will be a slushball. 

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 03, 2009, 02:31 PM »

Get one of the new pop-up shacks. You can haul one in any car and your buddy can fish inside with you. I guarantee if you are warm in a flipover and your buddy is sitting there freezing on the ice, pretty soon he wont come along anymore. Or you can both get PakShaks one mans.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 03, 2009, 03:31 PM »
I got a deal on a popupshack online last year. I don't think I could have found a better deal on a suit. If you fish with your buddy a lot ask him if he's willing to throw in half.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2009, 06:30 PM »
i fished without a shack for years then bought one and love it but still fish outside most of the time but bring the shack, set up the heater and put my food, gear, ect.. inside and have a place to go take five or get out of the weather if it goes downhill i'd say get the shack first then the clothing . on nice days you can go out without bundleing up but have the shanty for backup untill you buy the other gear. 

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #36 on: Nov 04, 2009, 06:41 PM »
go with the shack!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.