Author Topic: Yeah for Sunday Hunting in Sask!!!  (Read 3970 times)

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Yeah for Sunday Hunting in Sask!!!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2009, 02:25 PM »
The hunters that leave money in this area are the American bird hunters not the weekend deer hunter from Regina. Do not think Sunday hunting or not makes any difference to the Americans,.. Infact they spend more money in town that day when they can not hunt..

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:37 AM »
My two cents....

Sunday Hunting is an 50/50 for me.  I am all for giving people an extra day to hunt, within the right circumstances.  It will give people that extra opportunity to do the thing they love.  Youth, city people, and incoming hunters can all get that extra opportunity.  The only thing I am scared of is down where I live, south flat country.  An extra day where there is that many more hunters and trucks, let's just say - god help the deer.  Saturdays are crawling in orange, and deer usually are pushed every direction possible.  Now you take a deer that has ran how ever many miles so it's tongue is hanging out, and then on sunday now has to run for it's life again, not going to be pretty.  This does not mean that one guy is chasing the same deer, in our country there are better spots for deer than others, and when there is that many more people out there, they get bumped just that many more times per day.    But, I still think they should institute it, there are many decent hunters out there, and maybe it won't be as bad as one imagines.   As for me, I would like it off of mulies and whities in the rifle season. If you want extra time to hunt them- grab a smoke stick or a bow- you get two months instead of 3 days.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:04 AM »
Near Regina, the no talent bums who cruise up and down the grid in the slug zone waiting for a deer to cross then zoom up and shoot it in a field where they have no permission will have an extra day to do their thing.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline trev.357

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2009, 10:27 AM »
that's one thing that i agree is if you want more time in the field spend money on more equipment that's where the big bucks are spent .just like fishing i have open water stuff and a boat and i have hard water stuff a shack same as hunting i have rifles shotguns muzzle loaders to hunt many different times in the fall and also i just picked up a bow before Xmas so that i could have another season  open to  me cause i wanted to be out there hunting i wish i was better with math i would love to break down the numbers.we still have shooting nine months a year seven days aweek. i kill gophers rabbits coyotes fox skunks crows  you name it I'll kill it . i think the teaching of kids starts there first with lots of shooting lots of kills and lots of misses. hey why do we stop fishing for a month or so every year we should open that too there would be alot of happy bear hunters in April that could fish and hunt at the same time wow a whole month more for fishing I'm in . i think that this is going to target the wrong type of people coming out those are are the ones that won't spend the money anyway for any season fishing or hunting and they are going to be the ones to wreck it

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Im not so sure why everyone is so worried about this, if the rest of the world can handle hunting seven days a week we should be able to as well. I dont think it will mean that many more people hunting or people hunting more days per year, it just gives people more flexibility during the hunting season.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline IceMan08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:26 PM »
I think its great, I'm looking forward to hunting Sunday!  An extra day to chase moose, deer, upland, migratory and whatever else wiggles, OH HELL YA!!!!         
                                                       :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D                 8) 8) 8)

This has got to be one of the better things to come out of a government office, I mean for those of us who don't have the luxury of hunting weekdays its just great! 
First thing I'm gonna do is call up all of my road hunting buddies and get some beers and unregistered rifles.  That done a gnarly game plan will obviously form and we'll go and see how much crap we can shoot!  Ya, no hunting\trespassing signs that sure doesn't apply to me on Sunday, and I mean if the deer is in the field and I am on the road then I'm not really trespassing when I shoot it am I?  Ha ha I like that one!
Just kidding but really this is a good thing, but it doesn't really change that much.  I can still only shoot one moose, one elk, two whitetails, and three mulies.  There are still limits and rules to abide by, I'm not really sure how having Sunday to hunt would bring out all the wrong people or encourage improper behavior most people are pretty decent.
Anyways I'm personally waiting patiently for moose season, last year I put year one for archery moose under my belt and can not wait to have a couple more days to call in a bull.  Oh what fun it is!

Good luck to everyone out fishing!     :tipup:

Offline TogoJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Im not so sure why everyone is so worried about this, if the rest of the world can handle hunting seven days a week we should be able to as well. I dont think it will mean that many more people hunting or people hunting more days per year, it just gives people more flexibility during the hunting season.

The reason everyone is so worried is because this is Saskatchewan, anything new scares the pants off of people here.
Thank goodness for some progressive thinking finally at the government level. If the naysayers in this province had their way
we would still be back in the dark ages.
Oh, by the way I am all for Sunday hunting, it's about bloody time. ;)
Now if only we could get daylight saving time implemented as well. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.