Author Topic: Kids on the ice.  (Read 6925 times)

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
Re: Kids on the ice.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:28 AM »
i think taking a kid fishing,or hunting is exellent,i have three and there doing something with me all  the time,now if we could figure out how to get some of these city children,out doing it just maybe there would be more poeple liking it a not so many anties.teaching a kid about the outdoors i think is better then any textbook would ever teach.so take them with you.bill

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2004, 10:53 AM »
My boys love to ice fish 3 and 6 years old they cry when its time to leave the ice and talk about the big ones they got all week i love it
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2004, 11:53 AM »
teach a kid how to fish and you have a fishing buddy for life. this past season my 10 yr. old son caught a 9.75 # northern on a tip up. the biggest fish of the year for me and my 2 boys. do you think I taught him too much? HAHA!!! he brags about outfishing his dad now.

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2004, 12:12 PM »
This is my die hard ice fishing buddy, he had to walk about a mile out to get these bass, but he didn't complain one bit.  This guy will either have his own outdoor show or guide service someday.  The bass he is holding was a 4 pounder 19 1/2"  he caught it by himself.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2004, 03:51 PM »
great pici lil B D  thats a happy boy

peple of the perch

« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2004, 04:08 PM »
i usualy drag my parents out to take me fishing been fishing ever science i was two

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2004, 04:27 PM »
anytime i go fishing and my daughter katie isn't with me people think it's odd!  she was out with me when she was 2yrs old  it took 4 yrs to figure out we were out on the water!  one day she says we come here with the boat!  i said yes and she says there is water out there?  i said yes and she got a funny look on her face...lol.  i think she thought for those first yrs that if we drilled a hole in the snow there would be fish there!http://home.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=11f2489a-3a4a-223c-4f39-330437e51b4f&size=lg
BUD

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 10, 2004, 05:34 PM »
My step-father is who introduced me to the great sport of fishing at age 2 and I'm hooked for life[no pun intended] ;) ;D I'm 22 now and have a beautiful 1 yr old little girl. One of her first words was fish. She is always trying to get in my fishing room to see all the pictures of fish on the wall and she got her first rod at 6 months I hope that she loves fishing as much as I do and can't wait until I can take her out [her mom says she's too young yet].Mabey this summer! 8) 8) 8)

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:46 PM »
A friend got me into it, but I got away from ice fishing while at college, but last year I started again, and took my wife and a friend, and now I got me a little 5.5 month old baby, and I would have taken him this year if I could have kept him warm!!!!!  Now I don't live near that friend and because  of my boy, my wife can't go, so I am looking forward to taking that little boy ice fishing so I can have me a fishing buddy that don't want to leave the monsters in the water!  I rarely get any, but I always hope!!!!!my little boy... teaching him how to hold a rod at around 4 months!!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2004, 03:40 AM »
WOW look ay him hold that road yessiree that boy is a natural   ;D ;D wont be long youll be fishin everyweekend with him...be patient it goes fast...enjoy ;D

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:09 AM »
I can't wait

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.